Solution: Give Legends more Skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I have a Solution for improving the Revenant’s performance as well as their customization. Give Legends more Skills to pick from.

the best solution is to give Legends more abilties to choose from. Doesnt need to be a lot more. simply a few additions, that maybe change the combat element of the legend.

Example:

Centaur

-Could have a skill that AoE roots around the Tablet and transfer health from the victim to allies near the Revenant.

-another skill can provide pulses of healing, while providing random boons

-Another skill could cripple enemies and damage them over time with pulses.
——————————————————————————————-
Dwarf

-Could have a skill that summons a Dwarf minion with heavy CC and upkeep that deals good damage while transferring partial damage to the revenant to itself.

-another skill could be a Storm Weapon Conjure that changes the weapon of the Revenant into a Storm Weapon with additional skills and require upkeep.

-another skill is a AoE Damage skill that summons a Lighting Hammer and Spin around similar to Warrior Axe 5 skill for 4 seconds.
—————————————————————————————-

Demon

-could have a skill that functions as a close range melee attack that increase the duration of conditions while healing allies for percentage of the damage.

- another skill could transform the Revenant for upkeep cost into a monster that does some new skills.

- another skill could summon a stationary ritualist spirit that attacks enemies and buff allies.
——————————————————————————————
I could go on, but with skills like this, and the option to change them into the Legend skill line up, would help greatly in giving Revenant’s more customization to builds while keeping the Legend mechanic system.

in Revenant

Posted by: Heavenkeeper.5301

Heavenkeeper.5301

I like it^^
It brings more customization and even adds synergy between legends.
For exemple, if you want to make a condition damage built, you have mallyx but other legends have no synergy with it unless there are some condition skill alternative on them.
I think conjure weapon is a good alternative to the weapon switch that lots of us want.
Some breaks stun would be nice too^^

in Revenant

Posted by: TheTaffer.8761

TheTaffer.8761

I was suggesting this too, we need more options with our legends

in Revenant

Posted by: QuantumS.6802

QuantumS.6802

I’d be in favor of having added and selectable utility skills on rev as a way to increase build diversity. But I don’t know if variance in utility skills would address the melee/range concerns other players have. It is reasonable to have some sort of conjure weapon like the OPs upkeep storm weapon. I just don’t know if its more of a Band-Aid for the whole class mechanic or a true robust way to add balanced variety to the class.

(edited by QuantumS.6802)

in Revenant

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

i like this suggestion too – may i add to this? give revenants the ability to switch to racial skills too :/

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Revenant

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Guys, the ability to switch utility skills is there, there just are only 3 skills right now, cuz this is an unfinished class (beta remember?)

in Revenant

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

This does seem like it would solve a lot of issues – even the range thing if done right, mantra of pain is a good example of a utility that can work as an autoattack. Jalis’ hammers sorta do the same thing in reverse, boosting a ranged weapon when in melee range. They could already be planning it given you can select from the existing skills, but it’s hard to tell.

The numbers add up too, with an elite spec elite classes will have 33 utilities + heals + elites (or at least mesmer will) – but with just 5 legends rev would fall quite a bit short at 25…

in Revenant

Posted by: TheTaffer.8761

TheTaffer.8761

Guys, the ability to switch utility skills is there, there just are only 3 skills right now, cuz this is an unfinished class (beta remember?)

Unfortunatly that works both ways, the ability to was utilities could be there as a leftover function not tidied up because its in beta.

Though i do hope your right we need more options!

in Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

So far Anet said that was their to allow Revenant to move around skills on utility bar.

in Revenant

Posted by: soakman.7539

soakman.7539

So far Anet said that was their to allow Revenant to move around skills on utility bar.

This. It’s a simple “keybind” option to allow you to configure the 3 utilities in a way that is comfortable for you. It does not mean there are more utilities coming.

But, I suppose there could be. Just don’t be surprised if they aren’t.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

I suggested this in a thread too. Great minds think alike. I think this would allow for a lot more build diversity because even with the one remaining core legend and the elite legend Revnants feel lackluster. Based on this weekend the dps legend will pretty much be mandatory unless they make some changes (which I am sure they will).

Though I believe the elite should be static and maybe the heal. Just give us a total of 6 utilities to choose from.

in Revenant

Posted by: HuntsForge.3260

HuntsForge.3260

My thoughts as well, id like to see at least 5 utilities to choose from preferably 6, a choice of heal skills would be nice (2 per legend?) and a static elite tied to the legend.

in Revenant

Posted by: Quetz.4389

Quetz.4389

I agree, and as far as the extra balancing and work, every other class has 20 utility skills already so it would just bring revenant up to the level of other classes.

in Revenant

Posted by: mOssinPL.9167

mOssinPL.9167

I really started to like Mallyx legends because of unique mechanics concentrated around condition managment in “Now we’re both in big trouble – I’ve got number of conditions and you got number of conditions – let’s see who will survive this” style, and I would be very happy if they add more skills to make gameplay more interesting .

In my opinion Revenant looks promising.

(edited by mOssinPL.9167)

in Revenant

Posted by: Neeja.4579

Neeja.4579

give weaponswap and buff current skills (including weaponskills), plus more stunbreakers and swiftness.

No need for customizable skills, it would wipe out the class base. Those are not your skill, those are the legend skills. And you’d need to recustomize them everytime you equip a legend (unles they implement a way to remember them, wich they won’t)

in Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

Hey I thought it would be fun to make some skill ideas for the Revenant’s Legends like I did in the OP.
Just for fun of discussion.

Dwarf (Legend)

Conjure Mountain StormAxe (Utility)- conjure a Great Axe of Lighting and Rock(Hammer modeled into Great axe thats all) with 5 Weapon Skills of its own. Cost Upkeep for use.

Call of the Dolyak Rider (Utility) – summon a Dolyak Dwarf Rider minion to fight to protect you while providing support and damage. Upkeep cost. Dolyak Rider transfers part of the damage taken by the Revenant,to itself using Shielding Hands. Also Heals nearby allies when it deals melee damage.

Thunder Fury (Utility) – Summon The Great Dwarven Hammer, and Spin with lighting speed for 4 seconds, dealing AoE damage to enemies. While Spinning, you are a Mobile Lighting Field.

Demon (Legend)

Souls of the Fallen(Utility) – Rez a targeted down ally to fight as a tormented soul of themselves. Cost Energy initially and Cost upkeep.

Demon Shear (Utility) – Strike target with melee punch, that increase duration of all conditions on the target a certain amount (based on condition), and heals nearby allies for each condition on the enemy.

Abaddon’s Possession(Utility)- Lose control and transform into a Demonic Oni, with new Weapon skills. Cost Upkeep.
———————————————————————————————-

Centaur(Legend)

Force of Nature(Utility) – Tablet Roots 3 nearby enemies for 4 seconds and pulses Damage every second. 30% chance to knock down enemies on pulse.

Pale Tree(Utility – chain) – Tablet plants seed that grows into a Tree.
Seed Volley(Chain) – Rain Seeds down from the Tree, that bombard the enemy location with Seeds that explode on contact. Converts 1 Boon into condition.

Thorn Bush(Utility) – place torment and bleeding on nearby enemies and retaliation on nearby allies.

Whats your thoughts on my Revenant skills? lol :-)

I sure would play it…