Soothing Bastion - Needs to change

in Revenant

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I never thought this was really a great trait to begin with, the amount of healing it gave made it somewhat manageable but with the nerf it quickly becomes one of the most underwhelming grandmaster’s we have.

My issue isn’t necessarily the amount of healing it gives, but the amount of healing it gives and the block doesn’t warrant taking it IMO due to the inherent risks.

Actually more often then not it ends up screwing me over. I could be in the middle of casting Unrelenting Assault, Phase Traversal or the stunbreak evade (skills that could have very well saved my life) but when I get below the threshold it automatically forces me to be a sitting duck for like 2 second, allowing me to be focused. Not to mention if there is a Staff necro in the vicinity this automatically becomes a death sentence.

It isn’t like the engi trait which basically makes you immune to all incoming damage and allows you to move around. This one literally interrupts the skill you were about to do, forces you to be a sitting duck for two seconds and 80% of the time you are going to die anyway because you are a sitting duck and the amount of unblockable skills in the game.

I don’t have a problem with the Shield OH variant, that one I can pop whenever I want but the fact that this automatically triggers and at often times when I don’t want it to quite frankly, sucks.

IMO something cool would be like increase life siphoning by 25% under 25% HP or gain 5 seconds of resistance. I actually like the idea of something to do with resistance. Revenants lack viable methods of condi removal, which I don’t mind really but any other ways of dealing with condis really isn’t viable at the moment.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

I always hate traits like this, but I REALLY hate Soothing Bastion and any other traits that interrupt skills. I don’t care how powerful the auto-proc is, I HATE it.

So I feel like Soothing Bastion should do something different. I feel like Life Siphon is a Shiro thing and Resistance is kinda Mallyx’s territory. Instead, it could increase the strength of Regen or give people a small Regen when you apply Protection or something.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I always hate traits like this, but I REALLY hate Soothing Bastion and any other traits that interrupt skills. I don’t care how powerful the auto-proc is, I HATE it.

So I feel like Soothing Bastion should do something different. I feel like Life Siphon is a Shiro thing and Resistance is kinda Mallyx’s territory. Instead, it could increase the strength of Regen or give people a small Regen when you apply Protection or something.

Or make the boon duration increase actually work you can even increase it to 3 sec.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

Or make the boon duration increase actually work you can even increase it to 3 sec.

Aha, I completely forgot it even did that (maybe because it’s broken and doesn’t do anything at all!).

I think a boon duration increase of a couple seconds is just way too weak for a GM trait, I mean, we get a +15% increase just by taking the Herald line and then we can get a +50% increase for activating a facet.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Aha, I completely forgot it even did that (maybe because it’s broken and doesn’t do anything at all!).

I think a boon duration increase of a couple seconds is just way too weak for a GM trait, I mean, we get a +15% increase just by taking the Herald line and then we can get a +50% increase for activating a facet.

I do not agree and there is a reason :p runes of the revenant 2 seconds resistance (and similar effects). Using envoy after the proc would makes it last for 5 seconds. It’s weak for long duration boons but it’s really strong on short duration ones.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

I do not agree and there is a reason :p runes of the revenant 2 seconds resistance (and similar effects). Using envoy after the proc would makes it last for 5 seconds. It’s weak for long duration boons but it’s really strong on short duration ones.

Hmm, that’s true.
It’s kinda only good for Stab, Resistance, and Quickness, but I guess that’s kinda the point.

in Revenant

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

That’s actually a good point, forgot to mention that. But the crappy auto-affect would almost negate that.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

That’s actually a good point, forgot to mention that. But the crappy auto-affect would almost negate that.

No doubt.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The only two problems I have with Shield are: Soothing Bastion still hasn’t been fixed to increase boon duration despite me bug reporting it almost monthly since BWE2 and the fact they forgot to increase Healing Power scalling of Crystal Hibernation when they nerfed base value with recent balance patch, kittening Revenants using HP again.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144