Speculative: Rev Elite Spec

in Revenant

Posted by: Aegrahm.4952

Aegrahm.4952

Ok, so I’ve been sort of brainstorming ideas about upcoming new specializations, and thought I’d share my idea for the Revenant one here to get some feedback. For me, the ritualist is a natural fit for the rev; lore-wise they aren’t a perfect math, but I’d rather have this thread be about my proposed ideas in general rather than whether or not the revenant and ritualist have enough in common to warrant a ritualist spec. Sorry if the format looks weird, I’ll fix it if I can. Obviously, idea is somewhat unfinished, but the core is there. Let me know what you think!

Revenant Specialization: Ritualist

Other Possible Names: Medium, Spiritualist, Channeler, Anchor.

Description: The Ritualist specialization grants access to the legendary ritualist Master Togo, the ability to summon bound spirits to the battlefield, and use of the scepter in the mainhand. The utility skills granted by Master Togo will be familiar in either name or form to many players of Guild Wars 1, and often have double effects that apply to both you and any spirits you’ve summoned.

Profession Mechanic:
Legendary Ritualist Stance: Invokes the power of the legendary ritualist Togo, changing your utility skills.

Additional Mechanics:
Spirit Binding: Grants access to profession-specific skill above your weapon skill bar (would appear to the right of Facet of Nature). This skill allows the Revenant to create up to three stationary Bound Spirits at your location. Each Bound Spirit has an auto attack with longbow range at a rate of 2 seconds and 20% chance of being a projectile finisher. Summoning a Bound Spirit has a 1 second cast time and acts as an uncancelable (I know, not a real word) upkeep skill that ticks at -1 energy, for max of -3 (for 3 Bound Spirits). Boons and conditions can apply to Bound Spirits, and they can be targeted by enemies, but cannot be summoned within radius of 180 of each other. Attempting to summon a new bound spirit when 3 are up causes the first to dissipate and a new third to be summoned at your location. Running out of energy while in Legendary Ritualist Stance or swapping to another legend causes all Bound Spirits to dissipate.

Skills:

Healing: Soul Mending
Heals you. For every summoned Bound Spirit, cleanse one condition. If no Bound Spirits are summoned, gain 10 energy (upkeep energy, not dodge).

Utility 1: Splintered Presence (radius 240)
Your next 7 attacks also deal damage to up to 5 enemies adjacent to your character. Your Bound Spirit’s next 3 attacks bounce between 3 enemies. For every Summoned Spirit effected, lose 1 tick of Splintered Presence on your character.

Utility 2: Quick Was Hamato (radius 600)
Upkeep Skill at -5. Gives the player character an urn to hold. Cannot use weapon skills while holding the urn. While holding, grant quickness, vigor, and swiftness to nearby allies (these boons would stagger on application, sort of like pulsing every other second. So second 1, you get quickness, second 3, you get vigor, second 5, you get swiftness, repeat. Should keep it balanced). Your Bound Spirit’s attacks inflict slow while holding the urn. You may drop the urn at any time, or force drop the urn when you swap legends or run out of energy. When you drop the urn, stun any nearby enemies.

Utility 3: Sheltered Union (radius 240)
Create an aura around each Bound Spirit that blocks incoming projectiles for 4 seconds. If a Bound Spirit blocks a projectile, when the aura ends, the Bound Spirit pulls nearby enemies. If no projectile is blocked, the Bound Spirits next 3 attacks inflict vulnerability and siphon health.

Elite: Spirit Rift (radius 240)
On player character’s location and at every summoned Bound Spirit, release a ball of mist energy that over 3 seconds slowly rises from the ground. After 3 seconds, the ball detonates, dealing massive damage and applying weakness and burning to all enemies in range.

Weapon Skills:

Scepter 1: Essence Strike (range 900)
Strike your foe with mist energy
-> Essence Smite (range 900)
Smite your foe with mist energy, gaining 2 energy (upkeep energy, not dodge)
-> Essence Sunder (range 900)
Sunder your foes with mist energy, burning your foe.

Scepter 2: Echoing Anguish (range 900, radius 240)
Ground targeted AoE. A large burst (blast finisher) of mist energy damages and confuses foes, followed by a medium damage burst that torments foes, and finally a small damage burst.

Scepter 3: Mist Ward (range 540)
Displace target (enemy shadow step distance 360) and apply cripple and weakness. Your next 5 attacks siphon health from foes.

*Balancing and numbers and such needs work, and I’m also working on traits, but again: let me know what you think of the basic concept. Thanks

(edited by Aegrahm.4952)

in Revenant

Aegrahm.4952

Reserved for Lore and Traits (maybe)

Lore: Revenants have a natural tendency toward the mists; they are drawn to it, just as their power comes from it. Most Revenants find that communing with the spirits of the dead legends of Tyria comes easily to them, but attempting to commune with any lesser spirits was next to impossible – that is, until they met the spirit of a great fallen ritualist, who guided the Revenant down a path that was darker and stranger than any they had traveled before. Under this headmaster’s tutelage, Revenants learnt how to summon ethereal manifestations of spirits from the underworld to aid them in battle. These spirits brokered contracts with the Revenant – a brief respite from the gloom of that place in exchange for servitude on the surface of Tyria. Ancient, forgotten magics now in the hands of the Revenant, they found themselves able to more easily wield the power of the mists directly and, with the aid of the long dead, are able to command a presence on the battlefield the likes of which has not been seen in Tyria for centuries.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Oh look.. Ritualist thread n.493538923475824. Zzzzzz

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

Not so hyped for this one. I cant imagine the mace/sword scepter/ace really viable. You create another condi build without weapon defense.
Need more a two handed ranged condi weapon, like 1200 range greatsword. With bow defense and offense in the skills.

in Revenant

Aegrahm.4952

Oh look.. Ritualist thread n.493538923475824. Zzzzzz

Well that was productive conversation :p

in Revenant

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Please no ritualist, summons and AI. It’s terrible for WvW.

Pumpkin – Mag

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

Please no ritualist, summons and AI. It’s terrible for WvW.

I am also a bit hesitant about summons like this, but the idea seems well thought-out. I like the upkeep cost on maintaining totems and the alternate effects of utilities depending on whether you have Bound Spirits out or no Spirits.

I don’t think energy regain on scepter auto is a good idea. Also, the utilities have no defensive or stunbreak skills, so this legend seems very fragile.

Finally, it might be good to have a way to get rid of Bound Spirits without swapping legends or running out of energy.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

You need to understand that revenant is NOT ritualist. In fact he is, mechanicly, more suited with the Dervish playstyle. Revenant just share some ritualistic lore. I want just to say that we need to go away to the “human meta” thing. There is a lot of important people that is not human and who can be legends! Why not channel Kunavang? Why not channel some Mursaat? Or, more recently, why can we channel Scarlet Briar (we miss some vilains in the legends)?

But, more important, and before thinking about elite spec, we must see that Anet has something to care with the revenant, patching the numerous bugs we have since one HOT release (vengefull hammers, phase travel, coalescence…) and balance core revenant.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Nothing will ever be in the right of Facet of Nature because you won’t be able to use both Togo and Glint at the same,because both are part of an elite spec traitline.

Also I think it would fit the theme better if instead of placing bound spirits you create power fonts that do nothing unless you cast an utility skill and if said power fonts would replicate the effects of whatever utility skill is used.

in Revenant

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

Did you experience turret engi meta?
Not nice man. Not nice.
But anyways, its a nice concept. It’s just that the whole turret kind of approach becomes annoying after some time.

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

I didn’t get to experience that meta but I trust in Anet’s nerf bat to save us from GW2 meta history to repeat itself.

in Revenant

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Why not channel Kunavang?

Because there is nothing to suggest that Kuunavang is dead?

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

While I agree with the fact that the revenant and the ritualist are pretty close, there is a few thing about what you speculate that bother me :

- The legend choice : Master togo while having an impact as a mentor on the player in GW1 is in reality just a nobody in face of History. This is merely a human ritualist as well as the other ritualist with no real world changing drive or origin.

- Profession mechanism :
→ Elite spec are mutually exclusive, do not expect to see the facet of nature along with any other elite spec.
→ Spirit that hit from range… Well… what a poor view of the ritualist, it pain me. Spirit that hit from range we already got that in game and it’s called clone or fantasm… having a special skill just for that, I’d feel cheated with an E-spec like that.
→ The whole mechanism feel like a copy paste of the herald with just the addition of a skill as F2.

For me right now, if I had to give a take at speculating on an E-spec with the flavor of the good old ritualist, I’d go with something like that :

E-Spec name : Medium

Archetype : Revenant/Elementalist

Legendary medium : Razah
Why do I chose Razah? Razah is a being born from the mist, he is connected to the mist and It then feel logic that the revenant can somehow connect himself/ reach him to him.

Mechanism : The system of legend of the Medium change drastically. When someone equip this E-spec, the legend that the player channel will automaticly be Razah, however you can attune the utility skill of razah with the essence of the core legend which can be switched like elementalist attunment. So we got now F1 F2 F3 and F4. Trait specific to legend’s skill work on the attuned skill of razah.

Skill :
→ heal : Soul mending :
+ Dwarf attunment : heal and grant protection
+ Demon attunment : heal and consume condition
+ Centaur attunment : aoe heal
+ Assassin attunment : heal and drain life from nearby foes

→ Utility :
Spirit rift : targeted aoe which effect trigger after a few second
+ Dwarf attunment : Direct damage and weakness
+ Demon attunment : Condi bomb (inflict high number of torment)
+ Centaur attunment : Big heal
+ Assassin attunment : Teleport you to the area

Wielder boon : Break stun
+ Dwarf attunment : gain protection
+ Demon attunment : inflict confusion to nearby foes
+ Centaur attunment : remove up to 2 condition from nearby allies
+ Assassin attunment : gain blur

spirit gift : leave a field
+ Dwarf attunment : electric field
+ Demon attunment : dark field
+ Centaur attunment : water field
+ Assassin attunment : Ice field

→ Elite skill : Clamor of soul : Summon an effigy of your current legend. Upkeep skill -7. effigy can’t be damage (it’s the same as ventarii’s stone except you can’t move it)
+ Dwarf attunment : reduce damage taken by surrounding allies by 50%.
+ Demon attunment : periodically inflict condition to surrounding ennemy.
+ Centaur attunment : periodically heal allies.
+ Assassin attunment : deal damage to the targeted foe.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Being dead isn’t a requirement.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I know that the blindfold and the legend invocation create some subtle ties with GW1’s Ritualists, but honestly, I hope we don’t truly get a “Ritualist” elite spec for them.

This is because, honestly, Revenants are more like dark knights than exotic spellcasters. The GW1’s cues are just that. Revenants also have a bit of Dervishes (Avatar form, “boon shattering” in its vaguest form), and the bard-style Glint spec fills the Paragon role (either intentionally or not). Revenants are both the third soldier profession and an epic version of old ritualists, and I don’t think a normal “ritualist” elite spec would simply fit them.

But that’s just my opinion.

in Revenant

Yannir.4132

Really? How do you figure that?
Every one of the current legends certainly is.

All classes lvl 80.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dinsy.2491

Dinsy.2491

You need to understand that revenant is NOT ritualist. In fact he is, mechanicly, more suited with the Dervish playstyle.

DERVISH HYPE! …sorry but seriously gimmie a Derv legend Anet! Scythe and enchantments or PBAoE skills!

in Revenant

Dadnir.5038

Paragon-like E-Spec :

Name : Cantor

Archetype : Revenant/warrior

Mechanism : A burst skill per legend and an adrenaline bar that fill from spending energy but doesn’t fill from upkeep. (this is mainly to promote other skills than upkeep skills). Each burst skill should feel like a shout and doesn’t necessarily need to be a damaging skill.

Legend : Legendary cantor <add a mursaat name>
heal : leader comfort : Heal you for X, you gain Y additionnal per ally around you
Utility :
- “They are on fire!” : Party members in earshot take 33% less damage from Burning foes. stun break.
- Burning refrain : The next attack of allies within earshot will inflict 1 burn. (short CD)
- Blazing spear : Inflict damage and x burning stack to the targeted foe.
Elite : Anthem of flame : upkeep skill (7). Inflict burn (2s) to enemies around you every 3 seconds.

Weapon : whatever

Explanation : The mursaats have a natural affinity with fire but above everything they are master at leading peoples in their scheme. With their godly lip service they ended tricking the forgotten, leading the white mantle and being revered as gods by the charrs.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

in Revenant

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I think “Ritualist” would be a great elite spec for revenants. Thematically they match quite nicely, so there’s already that.

in Revenant

Posted by: Garr.1823

Garr.1823

Hmmm….
Spirit of Varesh Ossa please! And a greatsword for hybrid melee/condi damage.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bart.5296

Bart.5296

I completely agree with DiogoSilva about revenants fitting more “dark knight” than Ritualists “archetype”.

IMO what we really need is fast hitting/shooting mid/far range weapon which has capability to become either condi or power weapon basing on chosen gear/stats.
Just like necros reaper form or various underwater skills it should have condi and power “component” incorporated – depending on amulet/gear player choose one of them become dominant.

Why ? For a few good reasons. First of all – obviously – we have no condi range weapon. Sole mace + axe lacks good offhand syngery.

As for power component – yes, idd, we have hammer, but hammer seems a great backline dps/support weapon but doesn’t have this skirmish capability feel. It hits vert slow and introducing fast paced range weapon would be so great and fun. Imagine switching malee swords / to shortbow, constant movement, speed and this skirmisher/duelist feeling of this build.

Mix this with some silencing/dazing skills and revenant’s trademark – shadowstep (or if you prefer “miststeps”) skills and you have ridiculously fun to play, fast paced sub class. A sub class i belive we need.

I say give us shortbow or at least longbow. I would like to have a “dark ranger” subclass… That would reflect the core class identity and what we currently lacks as gameplay and build option.

Legend ? I’m not a lore expert but I bet there are some prominent archers in the lore. Aidan from GW1 or this charr ranger from Eye of the North i belive.

Having a skill which shoot a projectile while shadowstepping in the directions we was directing to would be such a cool thing .

in Revenant

Posted by: Bart.5296

Bart.5296

Btw this is my first time on the forum so sorry for any typos and plz be gentle Otherwise you will hurt my feelings and I will withdrawn :P Peace !

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

You can find the answer to that on a old lore post on the main page about revenants the is requirement was said to be “Leaving strong impressions on the mists” (Can’t remember the exact wording) . Also you are commiting this logical fallacy.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Yannir.4132

You can find the answer to that on a old lore post on the main page about revenants the is requirement was said to be “Leaving strong impressions on the mists” (Can’t remember the exact wording) . Also you are commiting this logical fallacy.

Even if it’s not explicitly said, doesn’t mean it’s not true. Old blog posts also mention the legends come from Tyrian history. Which implies past, and furthermore, that the said legends have passed on to the Mists. The Mists is essentially the Tyrian equivalent for an afterlife, among other things.

Thx for the vid, I enjoyed it.

All classes lvl 80.

in Revenant

Posted by: xXLuggXx.4018

xXLuggXx.4018

E-Spec name : Medium

Archetype : Revenant/Elementalist

Legendary medium : Razah
Why do I chose Razah? Razah is a being born from the mist, he is connected to the mist and It then feel logic that the revenant can somehow connect himself/ reach him to him.

Mechanism : The system of legend of the Medium change drastically. When someone equip this E-spec, the legend that the player channel will automaticly be Razah, however you can attune the utility skill of razah with the essence of the core legend which can be switched like elementalist attunment. So we got now F1 F2 F3 and F4. Trait specific to legend’s skill work on the attuned skill of razah.

Skill :
-> heal : Soul mending :
+ Dwarf attunment : heal and grant protection
+ Demon attunment : heal and consume condition
+ Centaur attunment : aoe heal
+ Assassin attunment : heal and drain life from nearby foes

-> Utility :
Spirit rift : targeted aoe which effect trigger after a few second
+ Dwarf attunment : Direct damage and weakness
+ Demon attunment : Condi bomb (inflict high number of torment)
+ Centaur attunment : Big heal
+ Assassin attunment : Teleport you to the area

Wielder boon : Break stun
+ Dwarf attunment : gain protection
+ Demon attunment : inflict confusion to nearby foes
+ Centaur attunment : remove up to 2 condition from nearby allies
+ Assassin attunment : gain blur

spirit gift : leave a field
+ Dwarf attunment : electric field
+ Demon attunment : dark field
+ Centaur attunment : water field
+ Assassin attunment : Ice field

-> Elite skill : Clamor of soul : Summon an effigy of your current legend. Upkeep skill -7. effigy can’t be damage (it’s the same as ventarii’s stone except you can’t move it)
+ Dwarf attunment : reduce damage taken by surrounding allies by 50%.
+ Demon attunment : periodically inflict condition to surrounding ennemy.
+ Centaur attunment : periodically heal allies.
+ Assassin attunment : deal damage to the targeted foe.

I am totally stunned. I came to the forums to make a post about an Espac- theorycraft for the revenant. And what should I say.. there are soo many parallels. Hell even our Elite Skills are twins

I won’t post the complete spec, cause i think it’s not so interesting anymore but maybe I can add some of my ideas

I thought about a Legend which isn’t isolated from the other one(s). The ritualist rather focuses on cooperation. The new espec grants some condi-management for the revenant and should be able to support power and condition builds.

New mechanic (but this is really optional):Remove the energy regeneration and gain energy per hit (upkeepskills cost 5 upkeep less, you can’t gain energy while an upkeep is active). The 50% “rule” outside combat and when swapping stays the same). As I said, I’m not 100% sure with this. The traits will hopefully clarify it a bit. Also I think it has to be done with icd’s or something to balance the weapon types??

I didn’t gave the Ritualist access to all 4 legends as attunments. I would stick with two legends and keep the legendswap. But give the Razah-Legend Glyphs. All skills have a base effect and an additional effect depending on your second legend. So the choice of your second legend also affects the playstyle of this legend.

As weapon I thought about a hybrid (power-condi) shortbow (to give this weapon a bit love^^) mixing projectile skills with non projectiles. All around mist energy (obviously).

The traits would have like 3 “main lines”:
1. archery – traits about improving the bow – maybe giving the choice whether condi or dps focus
2. cooperation – going into the “your second legend choice is important” Giving lagendbase skills at legendswap, or passiv bonuses while in the other legend.
3. general – traits dealing with conditions, energymaangement etc.

I’m still a bit shocked about the similarities
If anyone is interested I could post the whole build (with quite similar skills:D). But I’m not familiar with balancing and the “numbers” So there are no Cooldowns/ Casttimes/ Damage/ etc – just the overall idea of skills and traits. Of course they could be OP (I mean I wanted to make a cool espec).

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Well i still would say riannoc legend with greatsword and a condi CC playstyle.
But the Razah one is pretty sweet established.

I did not worked out all skills, but invoking caladbolg as a weapon would be neat as an elite-upkeep.
And other planty summoning skills with goid condi application and CC.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Revenant

Dadnir.5038

@XxluggxX : Thank you for the compliment
To be honest, I’d like to see your own take at the revenant legend with Razah, your mechanism felt pretty interresting and i’d be curious to see how it would work as a whole. Just one thing, one of the characteristic of the legend’s skill is that they are not “categorized”, which is why I do not call them glyph.

For me the revenant (core) is like an water poured on coffee without filter while the medium E-Spec is supposed to use Razah as the filter. It end up with razah being the only legend that you can use but since you filter each core legend with it’s skills you gain diversity. The cons will be the cool down management while the pro should be more instantaneous diversity.

Ultimately, my idea is more a way to make the core legend more enjoyable to use (for me) than anything. (Yes this is really selfish, but I really want to be able to use the potential of each legend in a different way than the actual one. For exemple, I allow me to get rid of the clunckyness of ventarii’s stone.)

in Revenant

xXLuggXx.4018

Just one thing, one of the characteristic of the legend’s skill is that they are not “categorized”, which is why I do not call them glyph.

Oh you are totally right about that! Didn’t have this in mind, although all "Dragon"Skills are Facetts, so maybe it’s still possible =P

Ultimately, my idea is more a way to make the core legend more enjoyable to use (for me) than anything. (Yes this is really selfish, but I really want to be able to use the potential of each legend in a different way than the actual one. For exemple, I allow me to get rid of the clunckyness of ventarii’s stone.)

I see what you mean. Your suggestion is totally superior with this goal in mind! My idea was to stay with to legends but that your choice affects the whole playstyle. Like a Shiro/ Glint and a Jalis/Glint Herald is nearly the same as long as they are in Glint stance.

Well here my idea [Sorry to OP, if this is kind of hijacking your original post]

Please don’t take the names of the skills/ traits too serious. I really lack creativity when it comes to naming ^^

Hope you’ll enjoy reading it. Keep in mind that taking this espec means not being able to use glint.

New Elite-Spec: The Ritualist
(I know this is not new and to be honest I disliked the idea of a ritu espec, but while thinking of the possible skills I found it quite fitting but don’t expect a ghost-spammer here)

General Theme and Legend:
I thought about a Legend which isn’t isolated from the other one(s). The ritualist rather focuses on cooperation. The new espec grants some condi-management for the revenant and should be able to support power and condition builds.

But who could the legend be? Considering the cooperation-theme it has to be an indifferent character – not bothering cooperating with the good guys or the bad guys. So my suggestion is Razah (Legendary Plasma (??) Stance)

New Class-Mechanic:
TBH this was a hard point for me. I still think that Herald doesn’t really offer a new class-mechanic compared to core-revenant (just an extra skill?). So you could easily do the same with the ristualist. But I tried to think about a new class mechanic:
Remove the energy regeneration and gain energy per hit. (the 50% “rule” outside combat and when swapping stays the same). As I said, I’m not 100% sure with this. The traits will hopefully clarify it a bit. Also I think it has to be done with icd’s or something to balance the weapon types??

The revenant has currently only one ranged weapon. While scepter could thematically fit, I’ve chosen the shortbow to give this weapon a bit more love

1-Mist Arrow
Shoot an arrow of pure mist energy that explodes at its target.
Number of targets: 3
Combo: Projectile (20%)

2-Mistroller
Release a wave of mistenergy damaging foes in front of you and destroying projectiles
Number of targets: 5

3-direct assault / hostage
Shoot through the mists and shadow step to your target. Evade attacks while “travelling”.
Return to your former location and drag the enemy with you through the mists inflicting poison.
Number of targets: 1

4-Coat of mist
Cover your enemies with chilling mist energy. After 3 seconds the mist explodes damaging all nearby foes.

5-displacement
Hit your enemy with an arrow that displaces him through the mists, causing torment.
Combo: Projectile (100%)

(edited by xXLuggXx.4018)

in Revenant

xXLuggXx.4018

Going with the cooperation-theme I suggest glyphs. All skills have a base effect and an additional effect depending on your second legend. So the choice of your second legend also affects the playstyle of this legend.

6-Glyph of encouragement (heal)
Heal yourself and get a legendbased side effect:
Jalis – gain retaliation
Mallyx – convert a condition into a boon
Shiro – your next 5 attacks steal life
Ventari – additionally heal your allies

7-Glyph of fissure
Create a rift between the realms damaging foes in that area. After 3 seconds the rift implodes and…
Jalis – weakens them
Mallyx – torments them
Shiro – makes them vulnerable
Ventari – blinds them

8-Glyph of veil
(Stunbreak) Block attacks for 3 seconds. An successful block grants you:
Jalis – protection
Mallyx – resistance
Shiro – fury
Ventari – regeneration

9-Glyph of weapons
Infuse the weapon of you and your allies with the powers of the mist. Gain might, fury and your next three attacks…
Jalis – heal you
Mallyx – transfer a condition
Shiro – are unblockable
Ventari – interrupt your foe

0-Glyph of rituals (elite)
Upkeep – manifest the powers of a legend in a totem granting effects in that area. (could make it targetable like the chronomancer’s continuum rift)
Jalis – absorbs 50% (?) party damage and pulses stability
Mallyx – inflicts conditions (torment/ burn/ poison) and granting resistance to allies
Shiro – damaging enemies and granting might to allies
Ventari – rezz downed allies (on activation) and pulse healing

1.0 Legendary Fusion
Gain access to the legandary plasma stance with glyphs. Energy regen is removed, hitting enemies produce energy

1.1 weightless weapons
Gain increased movement speed while wielding two-handed weapons

1.2 farewell gift
Swapping out of a legend inflicts a condition around you
Jalis – weakness
Mallyx – burn
Shiro – vulnarability
Ventari – blind
Razah – chill

1.3 beneficial evades
Successfully evading an attack grants you vigor

2.0 harmonic upkeep
Decrease the upkeep-costs of skills by 5
You cannot receive energy while an skill with upkeep is active

2.1 Archery
Increase attack speed with a shortbow

2.2 Strength of two
Activating a Glyph grants you and your allies might

2.3 compensatory justice
Gain vitality for each condition on you

3.0 power leech
Critical hits produce additional energy

3.1 Sickening Mist
Gain increased Condi-Duration. The Mist explosions of your Shortbow auto now inflict poison

3.2 Backup
Gain a bonus depending on your passive Legend
Jalis – reduce incoming damage
Mallyx – increase condition duration for your outgoing conditions
Shiro – increase your critical hit chance
Ventari – increase your healing power
Razah – reduce the duration of incoming conditions

(edited by xXLuggXx.4018)

in Revenant

Dadnir.5038

Honestly, I like your Idea xXLuggXx, however, I’m not sure Ritualist or Razah fit it. Also, I fear that your E-spec is a bit to tied to the legend making it the must use 2nd choice and leaving as only choice Razah/X.

A tiny bit above in the thread, I was playing with the idea of the paragon through an E-Spec named Cantor. At the begining when thinking about this spec I wanted to make use of the second legend like you do since there is a kind of duality in the mursaat.

Paragon-like E-Spec :

Name : Cantor

Archetype : Revenant/warrior

Mechanism : A burst skill per legend and an adrenaline bar that fill from spending energy but doesn’t fill from upkeep. (this is mainly to promote other skills than upkeep skills). Each burst skill should feel like a shout and doesn’t necessarily need to be a damaging skill.

Legend : Legendary cantor <add a mursaat name>
heal : leader comfort : Heal you for X, you gain Y additionnal per ally around you
Utility :
- “They are on fire!” : Party members in earshot take 33% less damage from Burning foes. stun break.
- Burning refrain : The next attack of allies within earshot will inflict 1 burn. (short CD)
- Blazing spear : Inflict damage and x burning stack to the targeted foe.
Elite : Anthem of flame : upkeep skill (7). Inflict burn (2s) to enemies around you every 3 seconds.

Weapon : whatever

Explanation : The mursaats have a natural affinity with fire but above everything they are master at leading peoples in their scheme. With their godly lip service they ended tricking the forgotten, leading the white mantle and being revered as gods by the charrs.

As you can see I’m inspiring myself from the warrior for the mechanism like you do for yours. As it is, there is no duality in the spec but I wanted to express it through the traits, giving different effect that depend of your secondary legend while using an utility skill.

Yeah I find Mursaat fascinating… They are villain (even if Anet try to make them amend themself) and yet they act in such a way that people follow them like god’s paragon. I think they would be a great choice in an E-spec in which the secondary legend permeat/corrupt the primary’s.

in Revenant

Yannir.4132

Revenant’s PvP champion title is called Champion Ritualist, so I don’t understand what these naysayers are babbling about. The next rev ESpec could totally be Ritualist.

All classes lvl 80.

in Revenant

xXLuggXx.4018

Honestly, I like your Idea xXLuggXx, however, I’m not sure Ritualist or Razah fit it. Also, I fear that your E-spec is a bit to tied to the legend making it the must use 2nd choice and leaving as only choice Razah/X.

Thanks
Well tbh I didn’t want to make a Ritualist ESpec but while thinking about the skills etc. I was quite influenced by a few GW1 Ritu skills so this left me with this choice. I am totally up for a better fitting name though! Razah fitted with the ritualist and as mentioned above I couldn’t see a “good guy” and “bad guy” cooperating. Razah as an unhuman being filled the “neutral guy”

I see what you mean by too tight. I tried to make the traits like X.1 affects the new weapon X. 2 the new legend and X.3 is general. But 3.3 was lost and i don’t remember it

A tiny bit above in the thread, I was playing with the idea of the paragon through an E-Spec named Cantor. At the begining when thinking about this spec I wanted to make use of the second legend like you do since there is a kind of duality in the mursaat.

It is really interesting too! Also the Mursaat are fitting. They seem “neutral”, too or evil enough to cooperate with anyone that brings them a benefit
You could make it like warrior (but then I would say the burst skill depends on your passive legend) or like tempest (like an overload of your active legend)

BUT while i like your general idea, i didn’t like paragons back in GW1:D

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

Why do we need to get some GW1 nobody as the legend? No GW1 ritualist was important enough anyway.

For once, I would love if we get a new character. Like, I don’t know, some tengu sorceress from millennia ago. Instead of agreeing with you using her, or being against it, she just doesn’t care, and judges you and your actions constantly. She could be the official first ritualist ever, from a now extinct tengu tribe from the Crystal Sea, living there long before it became the Crystal Desert.

And by the way, I don’t think ritualist should be an elite specialization. It should be a CORE specialization. The revenant has a very small amount of skills and customization compared to the other professions, almost like it’s missing a 5th core legend.

Skills 7, 8, and 9 should be about summoning spirits. Skill 6 should teleport the spirits to the user, and heal for each spirit alive. The elite would unchain the spirits, empowering them.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Revenant

Dadnir.5038

BUT while i like your general idea, i didn’t like paragons back in GW1

Really? The profession was OP, I loved it. It’s just sad that it was mostly a filler profession that couldn’t replace the tank, had average dps and couldn’t replace the monk. But as a support character it eased a lot the fights. I think that more than GW1 it’s design fit a lot more in GW2.

Why do we need to get some GW1 nobody as the legend? No GW1 ritualist was important enough anyway.

I agree with you that no ritualist in GW1 was important enough to leave a mark in the mist. However, Razah is defined as someone/something born from the mist which make it the most fitting candidate for an E-Spec of a profession like the revenant that is related to the use of the powers that dwell in the mist.

in Revenant

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I just want revenant to do something besides auto attack 90% of the time.

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Just one thing, one of the characteristic of the legend’s skill is that they are not “categorized”, which is why I do not call them glyph.

Oh you are totally right about that! Didn’t have this in mind, although all "Dragon"Skills are Facetts, so maybe it’s still possible =P

I see what you mean. Your suggestion is totally superior with this goal in mind! My idea was to stay with to legends but that your choice affects the whole playstyle. Like a Shiro/ Glint and a Jalis/Glint Herald is nearly the same as long as they are in Glint stance.

Well here my idea [Sorry to OP, if this is kind of hijacking your original post]

Please don’t take the names of the skills/ traits too serious. I really lack creativity when it comes to naming ^^

Hope you’ll enjoy reading it. Keep in mind that taking this espec means not being able to use glint.

New Elite-Spec: The Ritualist
(I know this is not new and to be honest I disliked the idea of a ritu espec, but while thinking of the possible skills I found it quite fitting but don’t expect a ghost-spammer here)

General Theme and Legend:

But who could the legend be? Considering the cooperation-theme it has to be an indifferent character – not bothering cooperating with the good guys or the bad guys. So my suggestion is Razah (Legendary Plasma (??) Stance)

New Class-Mechanic:
TBH this was a hard point for me. I still think that Herald doesn’t really offer a new class-mechanic compared to core-revenant (just an extra skill?). So you could easily do the same with the ristualist. But I tried to think about a new class mechanic:
Remove the energy regeneration and gain energy per hit. (the 50% “rule” outside combat and when swapping stays the same). As I said, I’m not 100% sure with this. The traits will hopefully clarify it a bit. Also I think it has to be done with icd’s or something to balance the weapon types??

The revenant has currently only one ranged weapon. While scepter could thematically fit, I’ve chosen the shortbow to give this weapon a bit more love

1-Mist Arrow
Shoot an arrow of pure mist energy that explodes at its target.
Number of targets: 3
Combo: Projectile (20%)

2-Mistroller
Release a wave of mistenergy damaging foes in front of you and destroying projectiles

3-direct assault / hostage
Shoot through the mists and shadow step to your target. Evade attacks while “travelling”.
Return to your former location and drag the enemy with you through the mists inflicting poison.

4-Coat of mist
Cover your enemies with chilling mist energy. After 3 seconds the mist explodes damaging all nearby foes.

5-displacement
Hit your enemy with an arrow that displaces him through the mists, causing torment.
Combo: Projectile (100%)

Why not go with a high profile Elementalist from GW1 as your legend for this glyph themed legend?

in Revenant

xXLuggXx.4018

Why not go with a high profile Elementalist from GW1 as your legend for this glyph themed legend?

Well first of all I couldn’t think of a high profile Elementalist form the GW history – but I’m not a lore expert!! shame

Secondly I think a legend based on an other available profession (elementalist) could cause some problems. Yeah I know there are already smililarities between legends and professions but it’s not the same as calling it “elementalist-legend”

Last but definitely not least If we get a ele-legend I would want to see not “just” glyphs but Firestorms, frosty hail, Lightnig bolts and earthquakes:D

in Revenant

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Last but definitely not least If we get a ele-legend I would want to see not “just” glyphs but Firestorms, frosty hail, Lightnig bolts and earthquakes:D

That’s just copying what ele already does. What makes Rev interesting is that it takes inspiration from the abilities of either supernatural beingss (revived Shiro, Glint, and Mallyx) or mortals with exceptional abilities (King Jalis and Ventari). I for one would like a legend following the route of uniquity, rather than simply copying an existing profession’s theme. I think taking a character from one of GW1’s elite areas, like they did with Mallyx is a good idea. Additionally the Margonites and Mursaat (the latter of which has already been mentioned in another thread) offer some options. Since Glint is essentially a force of good, it would make more sense for the next legend to balance her out. I’d suggest the Lich from Prophecies but he’s already represented by Necros’ Lich Form.

in Revenant

Lonami.2987

I think we’re bound to see a Flame Legion legend sooner or later, being the last missing pillar of Abaddon’s forces. The original Flame Legion imperator, or the leader of the Burnt warband, the shamans who found the titans, would be perfect. (Short idea for a spec like that here)

Other ideas I could see are:

• Ritualist: Involving turret-like spirits, with some new character (none of the GW1 ones are important enough).
  • Jotun: Some ancient stargazer oracle, with astrology themes that don’t really fit any other profession.
  • Krait/Naga/Largos: For some Lovecraftian witchcraft.

Honestly I don’t see any of the remaining existing historic characters being worthy of a legend that wouldn’t feel like a clone of the other professions. Even the likes of the Lich, Kormir, or Pyre Fierceshot, who would be perfect, just fail against necromancers, guardians, and rangers.

in Revenant

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

I think we’re bound to see a Flame Legion legend sooner or later, being the last missing pillar of Abaddon’s forces. The original Flame Legion imperator, or the leader of the Burnt warband, the shamans who found the titans, would be perfect. (Short idea for a spec like that here)

• Ritualist: Involving turret-like spirits, with some new character (none of the GW1 ones are important enough).
  • Jotun: Some ancient stargazer oracle, with astrology themes that don’t really fit any other profession.

Honestly I don’t see any of the remaining existing historic characters being worthy of a legend that wouldn’t feel like a clone of the other professions. Even the likes of the Lich, Kormir, or Pyre Fierceshot, who would be perfect, just fail against necromancers, guardians, and rangers.

Hey if you decide to expand on any of those ideas then you could add it to my thread. I like the flame legion idea, there are a few possible Legend characters. Bonfaaz Burntfur plays an important role early in the Prophecies campaign, and in EotN you also encounter some high-profile chieftans like Hierophant Burntsoul. Idk if any of them are “legendary” enough, if Master Togo isn’t then I’m not sure why they would be.

Also side note: Kormir was a Paragon, not anything resembling a Guard, very different professions. I would avoid making her a Legend b/c she’s a god now, that would be a BIT OP imo. Glint is pretty powerful but technically the dragons were made by gods and so don’t seem like gods themselves.

in Revenant

Lonami.2987

Hey if you decide to expand on any of those ideas then you could add it to my thread. I like the flame legion idea, there are a few possible Legend characters. Bonfaaz Burntfur plays an important role early in the Prophecies campaign, and in EotN you also encounter some high-profile chieftans like Hierophant Burntsoul. Idk if any of them are “legendary” enough, if Master Togo isn’t then I’m not sure why they would be.

Also side note: Kormir was a Paragon, not anything resembling a Guard, very different professions. I would avoid making her a Legend b/c she’s a god now, that would be a BIT OP imo. Glint is pretty powerful but technically the dragons were made by gods and so don’t seem like gods themselves.

Added them!

We don’t know who was the original leader of the Flame Legion. Those two are speculated, but unconfirmed. Whoever united the charr legions, made a pact with Abaddon, and then destroyed Ascalon is pretty legendary in my book.

Togo just made peace with tengu, and helped us defeat Shiro. Not bigger than any of the heroes who just defeated Shiro before him, or our own player characters.

Guardians inherited all paragon themes anyway, that’s why Kormir wouldn’t work. Same for the lich, he was just a necromancer with no special demonic abilities, and same for Varesh, who didn’t have any special abilities either (Mallyx being a better option than her, and dervish translating probably better as a new elementalist specialization).