Staff Weapon Feedback

Staff Weapon Feedback

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Currently, Staff cost 45-55% Energy
which is way too much for a weapon like this. It doesnt provide good damage nor does it heal well in bursty environments such as SPvP.

I say reduce the Energy cost of Staff by half. 25-to-35 energy max like mace/Axe.
———————————————————————————————

Also this was an idea from somebody else, but since Staff 1 auto attack 3 drops healing orbs, I been seeing this as a argument against this weapon getting a damage boost.

realistically 280ish heals arent a good compensation for the limited damage, but for sake of this argument lets say that is the case.

What was suggested was to make Staff 2 our primary damage skill on Staff.
Instead of how it currently works, make the skill reset cooldown if enemy is using a skill, and add a self protection to the skill. Increase its current damage numbers. Can leave the cast time to keep its counter.

the trade off, is that while using Staff 2, the Staff 1 auto attack chain would be broken, meaning we trade Healing Orbs for added damage.

Seems fair right?
———————————————————————————-

Staff 4 need to be changed to allow use to move. I also suggest adding a field or blast finisher to it.

Maybe even add bonus heals for each condition removed. Or bonus Protection for each condition removed.

Adding these changes, will make the Staff more useable around all legends and roles.

Staff Weapon Feedback

in Revenant

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Currently, Staff cost 45-55% Energy
which is way too much for a weapon like this. It doesnt provide good damage nor does it heal well in bursty environments such as SPvP.

I say reduce the Energy cost of Staff by half. 25-to-35 energy max like mace/Axe.
———————————————————————————————

Also this was an idea from somebody else, but since Staff 1 auto attack 3 drops healing orbs, I been seeing this as a argument against this weapon getting a damage boost.

realistically 280ish heals arent a good compensation for the limited damage, but for sake of this argument lets say that is the case.

What was suggested was to make Staff 2 our primary damage skill on Staff.
Instead of how it currently works, make the skill reset cooldown if enemy is using a skill, and add a self protection to the skill. Increase its current damage numbers. Can leave the cast time to keep its counter.

the trade off, is that while using Staff 2, the Staff 1 auto attack chain would be broken, meaning we trade Healing Orbs for added damage.

Seems fair right?
———————————————————————————-

Staff 4 need to be changed to allow use to move. I also suggest adding a field or blast finisher to it.

Maybe even add bonus heals for each condition removed. Or bonus Protection for each condition removed.

Adding these changes, will make the Staff more useable around all legends and roles.

I would probably say that the staff attack damage need at least a 33% boost to make it competitive. Or if not have some additional useful boon effects to make it worth while.

Staff Weapon Feedback

in Revenant

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

A 33% boost would make it the strongest Auto Attack in the game. I don’t disagree that the damage is low on the staff, but most of that is a function of the traits, and not the numbers for the weapon itself.

I fully expect that Shiro will come with some goodies that bring things closer to the other classes, but if they don’t pack in some damage increases into the other lines, even Shiro won’t be enough to save the Revenant as a DPS class.

Staff Weapon Feedback

in Revenant

DeathPanel.8362

A 33% boost would make it the strongest Auto Attack in the game. I don’t disagree that the damage is low on the staff, but most of that is a function of the traits, and not the numbers for the weapon itself.

I fully expect that Shiro will come with some goodies that bring things closer to the other classes, but if they don’t pack in some damage increases into the other lines, even Shiro won’t be enough to save the Revenant as a DPS class.

The cleaving range seems to be shorter than other weapons and similar to a dagger instead of greatsword or hammer. So it would not necessarily be the strongest attack in the game even if 33% stronger.

Shiro legend is not going to make that big a difference without boosts to base staff damage. If it did then no one would use other legends.

Staff Weapon Feedback

in Revenant

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Staff was just terrible with every legend. I’ll never use it unless there’s something OP about it.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Staff Weapon Feedback

in Revenant

Knox.8962

All of the weapons were doing terrible damage in the preview. Add that to the fact that there was very little trait support for doing damage, and there is no surprise that the damage output was underwhelming.

It probably doesn’t help that these were exotic weapons when nearly everyone is used to primarily ascended weapon damage levels at this point.

Staff Weapon Feedback

in Revenant

DeathPanel.8362

All of the weapons were doing terrible damage in the preview. Add that to the fact that there was very little trait support for doing damage, and there is no surprise that the damage output was underwhelming.

It probably doesn’t help that these were exotic weapons when nearly everyone is used to primarily ascended weapon damage levels at this point.

Ascended weapons and exotic weapons are not that different in stats.

Staff Weapon Feedback

in Revenant

Knox.8962

There is a 5% flat damage increase just from the weapon damage itself, in addition to the stats. It is like having an extra 5% damage trait (which would be a welcome addition on the rev).

Staff Weapon Feedback

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

There is a 5% flat damage increase just from the weapon damage itself, in addition to the stats. It is like having an extra 5% damage trait (which would be a welcome addition on the rev).

In SPvP tho? Stats are balanced. Yet weak damage there as well.
only ok weapons were mace/axe for condition build… no point in Ret or Sal in Guild Wars 2 in its current form of DPS> All design. .

Staff Weapon Feedback

in Revenant

Knox.8962

The staff has nearly the same Damage ratios as the warrior Greatsword, which most people consider to be a pretty decent damage weapon. The real difference is that the warrior gets damage modifiers from all over the place: (10% from Stick and Move, 20% from from Berserker’s Power, 10% from Forceful Greatsword, 1% per boon from Empowered, and 5% from Bloodlust) For a total of 1.58x damage with 4 boons up.

Meanwhile, the Revenant gets…. 3% for every condition on themselves from Bolstered Anguish. For a total of 0% in most PvE content.

I think you can imagine that if the staff skills were all hitting for 1.6x of what they currently are, it would be a much more effective weapon than it was in the preview.