Staff only good skill.

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Oh look it got nerfed again the only worthwhile thing on staff! (Nerfed before the very first few days of HoT)

Like is there any weapon anymore that is actually reliable?

Shield – Trash Tier
Off-Hand Sword- Meh
Off-Hand Axe – Lacks survivability
Sword – Only usable because of PS
Mace – Who even uses that?
Hammer – lol
Staff – AA drops healz orbz? 2s block, much OP

Stella Truth Seeker

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Staff 5 was over the top. Honestly it shouldn’t even be an evade. Staff 2 can daze (if used right), Staff 4 condi clears+heals, Staff 3 blocks, and Staff 5 is a cc, evades, and deals damage… Staff is fine

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Staff 5 was over the top. Honestly it shouldn’t even be an evade. Staff 2 can daze (if used right), Staff 4 condi clears+heals, Staff 3 blocks, and Staff 5 is a cc, evades, and deals damage… Staff is fine

They nerfed the CC capability quite a bit with the stab change… I didn`t care about the damage too much but honestly they are overnerfing it.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

XxsdgxX.8109

Do you even know that Revenant is extremely limited by energy and even cds? Like seriously try again dude…

Stella Truth Seeker

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Staff wasn’t meant to be DPS/burst weapon in the first place – it’s designed to be support/defensive weaponset. As long as it sticks to this theme, I don’t mind.

For a skill that doesn’t require much setup, good combo and has no windup, it really did too much damage. Keep Evade and CC as these are part of the weaponset’s theme, nerf the damage is correct direction.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: EpicTurtle.8571

EpicTurtle.8571

Staff was versatile, it’s not used at dps or burst and surge almost certainly didn’t fit that bill because the only way you hit someone with each impact is if they are trying to get hit by all impacts.

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Mace is reliable.
only if you fight on a flat ground hahahah

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

mrauls.6519

Do you even know that Revenant is extremely limited by energy and even cds? Like seriously try again dude…

That’s why it’s important for Revenants to manage their energy properly. CDs on skills are pretty much nonexistent. Shortest CDs of any profession next to Thief

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

EpicTurtle.8571

Have you seen the energy costs on Staff? They are what’s over the top. #2 costs 20 energy, #3 costs 10 and #4 and #5 cost 15. No other weapon set is that demanding.

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

That’s why it’s important for Revenants to manage their energy properly. CDs on skills are pretty much nonexistent. Shortest CDs of any profession next to Thief

Indeed Inspiring Reinforcements. Perfect CD.
So perfect that I forgot the name. And had to google it

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Warrior shield skills are shorter, better and with no energy cost. Tf you talking about?

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

mrauls.6519

Have you seen the energy costs on Staff? They are what’s over the top. #2 costs 20 energy, #3 costs 10 and #4 and #5 cost 15. No other weapon set is that demanding.

Even if you just swapped legends you could use all three of those skills with an energy pool of 50… So, what’s the issue?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

mrauls.6519

Warrior shield skills are shorter, better and with no energy cost. Tf you talking about?

Shield skills? You’re using shield skills as a comparison to a whole professions skillset CDs? Revenant shield #5 provides a block for 3 seconds and heals you, and #4 gives protection and healing…

I would replaced Guardian shield skills with Revenants in a heartbeat… I know Warriors would probably do the same.

Warrior shield skills CDs are LONGER than Revenants

Attachments:

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

XxsdgxX.8109

Shield skills? You’re using shield skills as a comparison to a whole professions skillset CDs? Revenant shield #5 provides a block for 3 seconds and heals you, and #4 gives protection and healing…

I would replaced Guardian shield skills with Revenants in a heartbeat… I know Warriors would probably do the same

Rofl I’d take Warrior shield any day over the suicide Shield 5 is on Rev, self root…

And I actually played for 2-3 years Warrior and Guardian.

Guardian shield is also meh.

Stella Truth Seeker

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

I would replaced Guardian shield skills with Revenants in a heartbeat… I know Warriors would probably do the same

The healing is impressive indeed.
So impressive that anyone without healing power would rather use sword

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

mrauls.6519

Rofl I’d take Warrior shield any day over the suicide Shield 5 is on Rev, self root…

And I actually played for 2-3 years Warrior and Guardian. Guardian shield is also meh.

A self root you can shiro dodge after, staff 3 after, staff 5 after, sword 3 after, glint heal after… Revenant has many skills that compliment the shield well

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

mrauls.6519

Yet no one does? o-O #ShieldRevMeta

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I would replaced Guardian shield skills with Revenants in a heartbeat… I know Warriors would probably do the same.

Warrior shield skills CDs are LONGER than Revenants

Our shield 4, bugged healing, long cast, 2 sec prot and 15cd.
War shield 4 is 2second stun on 20 and when trained 16cd.

Our shield 5 is a selfroot 3sec block with joke 2k heal on 25cd
War shield is a mobile 3sec block on 25cd and when trained its cd is 20 and can reflect projectiles.

I will take it over crap rev shield anyday anytime.

Anyone that still uses shield is stuck in 2015.

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

EpicTurtle.8571

So your solution is to just not use utility skills and swap legends to use all of your staff skills. Great suggestion guy, I’m totally listening to you.

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

mrauls.6519

I tried with you guys :/ You mentioned the energy cost of skills and I mentioned how it’s not hard to use those skills if you manage your energy pool plus swapping legends sets your energy back to 50.

Tons of Revs use shield and will use shield. Unless you can drop a video of you playing with sword/sword at a high level, I’m not convinced.

Thanks for the discussion guys

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

EpicTurtle.8571

You say it’s over the top, it’s not over the top. Just because you believe in your argument does not make it correct.

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I tried with you guys :/ You mentioned the energy cost of skills and I mentioned how it’s not hard to use those skills if you manage your energy pool plus swapping legends sets your energy back to 50.

Tons of Revs use shield and will use shield. Unless you can drop a video of you playing with sword/sword at a high level, I’m not convinced.

Thanks for the discussion guys

Explain me what shield offers above sword offhand in current state? You have a chance to make my day.

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

We can’t have a single update without a Revenant nerf

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I always used staff 5 as a stability breaker and/or defensive mechanism. Never really cared to use it as a cheesy wombo combo with PT, so this damage nerf doesn’t affect me any.,

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

I always used staff 5 as a stability breaker and/or defensive mechanism. Never really cared to use it as a cheesy wombo combo with PT, so this damage nerf doesn’t affect me any.,

Doesn’t work anymore.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Doesn’t work anymore.

It still removes stability and follows up with more cc right? No it doesn’t completely demolish stab stacks like it did, but still useful.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Doesn’t work anymore.

It still removes stability and follows up with more cc right? No it doesn’t completely demolish stab stacks like it did, but still useful.

If you have 2 stacks of stab then youre “safe”. Surge received 3 nerfs, 2 directly (total 30% nerf) and indirectly with stab change.

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Never used shield, never will. Sw/Sw for life.

….Unless the next Elite gives GS…..

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Doesn’t work anymore.

If you have 2 stacks of stab then youre “safe”. Surge received 3 nerfs, 2 directly (total 30% nerf) and indirectly with stab change.

27.8% actually after all it’s multiplicative like RotGD.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

staff has the games shortest CD block….people still going to take staff as secondary

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Shield is crap, it was very tempty to unswap it even before the nerf since it could literally kitten YOU UP with it’s root unless you use it to block direct hits and then cancel with holstering your weapon. And those nerfs to staff….care to demote energy costs at least? What the actual kitten, how am I even supposed to use utility skills on Shiro after I rotate those skills. And Jade Winds…sometimes I forget there is even such a thing and when I don’t and use it I often find myself with just an autoattack. GG,
Inb4staff3nerf.

P.S I don’t find axe as an offhand very bad though, good gapcloser plus offers a lot for mind games. Not to mention 5 is actually a somewhat defensive skills if you know what you’re doing.

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

yeah theyre screwing rev up atm it feels like theyve never actually played it themselves

Staff only good skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Frank.3791

Frank.3791

Yea, i know anet is eventually gonna kill the profession (im guessing next ‘balance’ patch). I suppose its a good thing that its having a slow death, unlike the other professions that just get smashed out of the meta. Kinda like the reaper was, and warrior after hot.