Stahhpppppppp

Stahhpppppppp

in Revenant

Posted by: EpicTurtle.8571

EpicTurtle.8571

With the unnecessary nerfs because of PvP, seriously. It’s bonkers. The rest of us hate it and hate the PvP community because of it. As if staff damage wasn’t mediocre enough you nerfed Surge by 15% for no particular reason. If someone is standing in the exact place to get hit all 9 times by it then they deserve to take that much damage, you have to be aiming to get hit all 9 times by it.

Stahhpppppppp

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Didn’t you know, they can’t have a single patch without some Revenant nerf. It is the Anet way of things. Where is Roy when you need him

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Stahhpppppppp

in Revenant

Posted by: distantvoices.2047

distantvoices.2047

I don’t play staff because it’s cumbersome. sword and axe to keep it nice and close, and to get some air, just swing good old hammer.

Stahhpppppppp

in Revenant

Posted by: distantvoices.2047

distantvoices.2047

besides, Thread titles like this get ignored by professional developers, because you don’t point out a problem, just nag and whine. take that, grow up and deal with it.

Stahhpppppppp

in Revenant

Posted by: Ryyman.2196

Ryyman.2196

Staff 5 is stupid and deserved the nerf. It was basically a 100 blades that ccs you and is pretty much instant cast and on top of all of that an evade. Staff was never meant to be a burst weapon, it’s more defensive/support in its playstyle anyway.

That being said, I agree it would be nice if they would split balance between all game modes, but for whatever reason they just refuse to do it.

Stahhpppppppp

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Staff 5 is stupid and deserved the nerf. It was basically a 100 blades that ccs you and is pretty much instant cast and on top of all of that an evade. Staff was never meant to be a burst weapon, it’s more defensive/support in its playstyle anyway.

That being said, I agree it would be nice if they would split balance between all game modes, but for whatever reason they just refuse to do it.

It can also be used to evade attacks sooo all good.

Stahhpppppppp

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Support, in what place exactly? The healing is a mockery, both 1 combo and 4 (LOL AT ITS RANGE) even if one revenant goes full kitten with cleric stats. Daze on two doesn’t even deplet much of CC bar.

Stahhpppppppp

in Revenant

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

I can confirm Staf is no longer viable in pve. It used to have a good balance of damage/cc. Now its quite useless. Hammer is also much weaker then it was. I only use sword now, the only thing which still deals decent damage and has decent cc. The viability of the revenant is now within a very narrow window. And why? because a vocal minority of pvp-ers with a certain class A which hates class B (the revenant) says so. Is that balance? Its about time that conflicting skills become seperated. It cant be that a minority of pvp-ers and wvw-ers dictates the builds that damage PVE-ers.
And to those who says its suppose to be support. What support? minor healing and a team condy cleanse which isnt used anymore now because the staf is below weak.

(edited by Bolbo Baggins.8594)

Stahhpppppppp

in Revenant

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

As a heavy revenant (pve) player post HoT, but also a heavy pvp player (elementalist, engineer, necromancer, druid), I can see a big problem for the devs.

Staff was ‘ok’ in pve (damage was just good, but it’s Utility and feel were great. In pvp however, it was next to overpowered, especially number 5. And revenant has to much stustain (heavy armor, good number of heals, traits that leach/block, protection etc), to have in pvp strong damage weapons with also good survivability. It was just overpowered. I still think a few parts of rev are slightly overtuned, but nerfing them is not the solution.

The true problem is no pve/pvp split. I liked revenant post launch. Knowing the nerfs i don’t have to play to know i will dislike it. Almost every time a class gets a big pve nerf (lots of damage loss etc), i Switch class to next meta.

And this problem will keep on existing in future. Revenant has survival tools (shield block) that are not overpowered in pve (undertuned even a bit to my feeling, with the no movement), but in pvp, they are among the strongest survival tools in existance. Combine these two and balance is next to impossible without split. Sword damage (especially auto attack) was perhaps a bit overtune on sword at launch, but not by much. And nerfing it to much is dangerous, it’s only good dps option ino pve. Staff is also dangerous. It’s the best allready offhand ‘pure power’ weapon set, but without good damage, any weapon feels almost bad in pve.

The big problem for pve revenants: Revenants still leading the ESL pack, and probably even more now cause of some heavy engineer nerfs etc. As long as no pve/pvp split, this will cause disbalance between the two modes.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Stahhpppppppp

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

have they fixed the ascended sword bug that has normal stats or do they only do nerfs?

Stahhpppppppp

in Revenant

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

It wasnt even op in pvp, noobs who cant dodge cry and get their nerfs its rediculous. we should all play condi mesmer

Stahhpppppppp

in Revenant

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

The developers probably balance around pvp because it takes the most skill to play. In PvE you can get away with murder, so to speak, but in PvP the true potential of a class will shine. Therefore, PvP is a good test to see if a class is a little over adjusted in terms of relative strength with other classes. The Rev was a wee bit strong at moderate to high levels of play, so it got toned down. It will still be perfectly viable for whatever it is a PvE player wants to use it for, so don’t worry!

Stahhpppppppp

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Thanks for bringing this topic up. People cry around about staff 5, and dont realise that it DOESNT TARGET. So you are either lucky and land all 9 hits, or you whirl some air while hitting maybe once, you hit in an unlucky angle which simply moves your enemy on the side (ok, which is helpful on bridges in WvW for example). Atleast they should fix staff2 for a bit faster attack than this turtle slowpoke hit. When staff2 is done, the enemie wrote his masters degree and even made a sandwhich in the time its casting. Atleast compensate the not ending nerfs.

Stahhpppppppp

in Revenant

Posted by: EpicTurtle.8571

EpicTurtle.8571

besides, Thread titles like this get ignored by professional developers, because you don’t point out a problem, just nag and whine. take that, grow up and deal with it.

I’m going to point out that nagging and whining is the entirety of the PvP forum and is also what we get balanced off of, so clearly it does work.