Still feels like Beta

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I’m not the only one who feels this way. I’ve stated it before and my entire guild feels the same way. The revenant doesn’t feel like a complete profession. It feels like its still the beta version. This partially has to do with a serious lack of skills but also build customization. I don’t know how much more blunt I can be.

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Beta with bunch of copypastes of the other classes

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Well, considering how many balancing patches other classes have behind their shoulders, with entire traitlines reworked – yea, it’s still in the beta.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I agree some aspects of the class are certainly below the acceptable quality mark, but without specifics, your concerns are just going to be ignored.

My list of things about the class that are unreasonably poor/unfinished:

• only 3 utilities per legend is poor, class feels like it lacks choice.
  • Ventari heal. the heal via move mechanic is cool but it’s unusably clunky (re-summon on legend switch is super tedious, CD/aftercast on #1 is too long, tablet move speed is to slow, AOE of #1 is too small, the heal is too weak, no self-healing)
  • Salvation trait Daze on elite when ventari elite is a knockback (and shiro elite is a stun) makes no sense.
  • excessive emphasis on healing and particularly outgoing heal% in Salvation traitline generally
downed state is bad for PVP

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

Yeah, its extended beta… didn’t you know? :p

If the Rev was introduced into the game 3 years ago as is right now it would be acceptable. Yet, to the unfinished state they applied nerf after nerf…

1) Too weak Vs condi builds.
2) Some legends are way too lacking (Ventari/Jalis) to what they are supposed to do.
3) The legends that are considered OK got nerfs that broke prof more that it fixed it.
4) Build diversity is close to not existent!

Personally, I doubt they will be able to bring the profession at a good shape in the next patch. At best, I hope they will manage to implement lots of bug fixes but the Revenant needs a general reconsideration in many fields, some of which seems to be rather large.

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

QQQQQQQ, all I see here.

All classes have been in beta for a while.

Ranger pets don’t scale with ascended gear, don’t gain the 220% crit damage bonus the player does, does not benefit from food, does not benefit from potions, runes, or sigils. Ranger pets do not attack doors or objects, and cannot attack from walls or up to them. Ranger DPS builds are garbage.

Mesmer Cry of Frustration is pretty bad in most of the game, and they don’t have any worthwhile DPS builds either. They’re a buffbot gimmick class much like ranger and revenant are. Except of course revenant does 30k DPS and mesmer does 14k at best, and ranger 17k on a power build.

Ranger pets and mesmer clones die instantly in WvW, rendering their class mechanics null in organized group fights.

Necromancer signets don’t work in death shroud, and their death shroud makes regen and druid heals useless on them, harming them more than it helps while classes like warrior/ele/guardian can be immune to damage and still receive heals and not be used as pinballs.

Class balance in this game is a joke. Revenant is not the only victim.

You get virtually “balance” patches every 6 months, and it’s miserably small changes and many of those changes aren’t even the right ones or to the right skills/traits.

Don’t expect much from Anet and try to enjoy the game as best as you can.

The only thing they do consistently and frequently is release crap on the gem store.

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

QQQQQQQ, all I see here.

All classes have been in beta for a while.

Ranger pets don’t scale with ascended gear, don’t gain the 220% crit damage bonus the player does, does not benefit from food, does not benefit from potions, runes, or sigils. Ranger pets do not attack doors or objects, and cannot attack from walls or up to them. Ranger DPS builds are garbage.

Yeah, pretty much. And it also doesn’t die underwater making a ranger near to immortal. kek

Mesmer Cry of Frustration is pretty bad in most of the game, and they don’t have any worthwhile DPS builds either. They’re a buffbot gimmick class much like ranger and revenant are. Except of course revenant does 30k DPS and mesmer does 14k at best, and ranger 17k on a power build.

Let’s just pretend we never had dire mesmers on wvw.

Necromancer signets don’t work in death shroud, and their death shroud makes regen and druid heals useless on them, harming them more than it helps while classes like warrior/ele/guardian can be immune to damage and still receive heals and not be used as pinballs.

Traited plague signet does actually work in death shroud. As for the heals, signet of vampirism does work in shroud which is funny.

(edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607)

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

Dire mesmers are more than WORTHLESS in WvW. Do you honestly think your garbage dueling/roaming builds accomplish anything in a format all about large groups of people taking keeps and towers?

WvW should NEVER be based on duelist/5v5 builds. We’re balancing for zerg play in this format, and mesmer AoE is utter garbage as is their illusion/shatter mechanic in any large scale engagement.

I would take my hammer revenant over any mesmer any day for a 20+ man blob taking territory from the enemy. Which is what wins you match-up’s. Not some stupid 1v1 pride.

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Dire mesmers are more than WORTHLESS in WvW. Do you honestly think your garbage dueling/roaming builds accomplish anything in a format all about large groups of people taking keeps and towers?

WvW should NEVER be based on duelist/5v5 builds. We’re balancing for zerg play in this format, and mesmer AoE is utter garbage as is their illusion/shatter mechanic in any large scale engagement.

One of the reasons why WVW succeeds is that it offers a wider range of challenges and experiences compared to sPVP (sh1tPVP)/PVE. In my experience, dire mesmers, while crappy for the zvz clash, are great at harrassing, picking off stragglers and reinforcements, not to mention key skills like veils/portals.

back on topic: yes every class has utilities or traits that continue to suck in all 3 game modes and yes it’s pretty appalling for this still to be the case in an almost-4yo game.

e.g. Ele conjures are a utility group that have had loads and loads of negative feedback and good suggestions over the years, all of which has been studiously ignored by Anet.

Arguably, Rev is in the worst position, being the newest and therefore, least mature class. e.g. the whole Ventari legend and traitline are still very beta.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

One of the reasons why WVW succeeds is that it offers a wider range of challenges and experiences compared to sPVP (sh1tPVP)/PVE. In my experience, dire mesmers, while crappy for the zvz clash, are great at harrassing, picking off stragglers and reinforcements, not to mention key skills like veils/portals.

back on topic: yes every class has utilities or traits that continue to suck in all 3 game modes and yes it’s pretty appalling for this still to be the case in an almost-4yo game.

e.g. Ele conjures are a utility group that have had loads and loads of negative feedback and good suggestions over the years, all of which has been studiously ignored by Anet.

Arguably, Rev is in the worst position, being the newest and therefore, least mature class. e.g. the whole Ventari legend and traitline are still very beta.

People can solo dungeons/fractals in some classes for some niche challenge they enjoy. That’s no reason to balance classes around their ability/efficiency in soloing dungeons.

WvW is about capturing objectives and preventing your enemies from doing the same. Similar to spvp, but on a much larger scale and time slot.

Condi mesmer is worse than thief builds, because while it is a supreme duelist, it is utter garbage at chasing.

Virtually all you need to do if a Dire mesmer jumps you is keep running and use your cleanse/heal.

Mesmer has virtually zero mobility to chase you on staff outside his blink, and staff clones can’t hit a moving target with their pathetic projectile speed.

You only die to a dire mesmer if you are an idiot and stay there dueling him.

Unlike a thief who is just as good for duels but can chase anyone down except another thief or a warrior with ease.

We can’t ask for 1v1 class balance, especially in a pvp format like WvW which has no 60% crit damage bonus cap (which spvp does, so in WvW I can bring a character with 220% crit damage bonus, which is ridiculous), allows broken stat combos, allows condi/CC duration and reduction food, and which doesn’t punish crappy stealth spam or invulnerability chains.

WvW’s main objective is the Mist War points. If you deviate from that, by all means have your fun but don’t come back and complain about class balance because you lost duels in a game format that’s nothing about duels.

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

I would take my hammer revenant over any mesmer any day for a 20+ man blob taking territory from the enemy. Which is what wins you match-up’s. Not some stupid 1v1 pride.

Garbage? Oh my…then do you think your large scaled WvW accomplishes anything? It’s pointless game mode. Day after day, week after week nothing changes even if you lose or win – it’s still the same pointless autistic fest of false pride with only purpose of farming lewt bagz.
I was blessed (cursed) with night time zone when I am mostly being able to play only in small scale WvW and yeah, I’ve seen a lot 10 v X fights taking place at keeps and garrisons with condi mesmers participating. And should I remind you that people keep checking captured objectives so no mesmer creates a portal and none of hostiles come through and flip it back? Definitely kittening useless

We can’t ask for 1v1 class balance, especially in a pvp format like WvW which has no 60% crit damage bonus cap (which spvp does, so in WvW I can bring a character with 220% crit damage bonus, which is ridiculous), allows broken stat combos, allows condi/CC duration and reduction food, and which doesn’t punish crappy stealth spam or invulnerability chains.

It’s not about 1v1 balance, it’s about countering gimmick builds with class mechanics. Not just being able to hold but kill, which not all classes can do. I don’t think bursty power based damage, CC spam or any other condis but confusion are overpowered. Condition mesmer simply got too much confusion and any good mesmer runs runes/sigils to cover it making it harder to counter and cleanse.

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Zenith.7301

If you call winning at a game’s format objective useless, then the entire game is useless. Of course things change when you win the Mist War. Somebody gets kicked off the tier, you get a new match up, and you get tourney tokens.

I mean, I can’t really take you seriously when you say winning keeps and towers doesn’t change anything. That’s like saying scoring a goal in soccer doesn’t change anything, because you’d just rather run and not play the game how it’s meant to be played.

Nobody wants many mesmers in their group. Nobody wants druids. Nobody wants daredevils.

What they want is a metric ton of warriors, guardians, revenants, and eles with a smattering of necros.

It’s that simple. Stop pretending like this is the worst class ever, it’s far from it.

Classes like necro and ranger are far worse off than us.

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

If you call winning at a game’s format objective useless, then the entire game is useless. Of course things change when you win the Mist War. Somebody gets kicked off the tier, you get a new match up, and you get tourney tokens.

I mean, I can’t really take you seriously when you say winning keeps and towers doesn’t change anything. That’s like saying scoring a goal in soccer doesn’t change anything, because you’d just rather run and not play the game how it’s meant to be played.

Nobody wants many mesmers in their group. Nobody wants druids. Nobody wants daredevils.

What they want is a metric ton of warriors, guardians, revenants, and eles with a smattering of necros.

It’s that simple. Stop pretending like this is the worst class ever, it’s far from it.

Tourney tokens? What year is that? -____-

What I am trying to tell you is that WvW wins have no effect in long terms. I mean, well you won and got to the top tier now what? Leachers will join, bored people will transfer to another server and raise it, leaving previous server in misery. The circle repeats, same Santa Barbara. Few new people join, many people leave. Nothing changes, only looks.
WvW fights isn’t only a small scale. A good comm would always want at least one good experienced mesmer that knows how to portal bait/bomb, I’ve seen enough to be sure that mesmer is a very useful class on healthy WvW. But yeah, nobody wants RANGERS and daredevils.

You’re full of accusations aren’t you? Overall those replies feel like you got humped and corpsejumped by some random revenant on some random BL and then found this thread which totally kittened you off because for some reason you feel it’s unfair. Where did I say it is the worst class ever? I personally have no problem with it on small and big scale WvW, going 10v1 k/d counter more often than not. Most condi mesmers I come across aren’t the problem either, but that’s another topic just like why people should 1v1 once in a while for practice. What bothers me, is that revenant looks so unworthy bugged and rough right now, I sometimes forget I bought this game and it’s not free to play project.

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

Zenith, mate, it doesn’t require you to be any kind of genius or mad scientist or even a top tier player to see that the Revenant class have some obvious shortcoming in almost any aspect of it.

Some legends are poorly performing, the rest are hampered significantly by certain things. The much popular Shiro/Glint, that people considered OP’ed, performs poorly against condition builds. Once you run out of cleanses (pretty soon) you just beg for a mate to cleanse you of you stand there and die.

A proof of bad design is that builds which are considered good utilize incoherent parts of the Revenant profession. Picking Mallyx with 0 condi dmg, going power build without Shiro, using Hammer while dumping Jallis, picking Staff but never picking Ventari… All these simple but basic stuff are considered to be performing poorly. Isn’t this a sign of bad design? Go in a different professions sub-forum and post such inconsistencies (ex. like Condi Warr with GS) and people will laugh at you. In Revenant such things are considered as “working”!

One last thing… Have you mentioned that Revenant, since HoT release, have no builds that are considered working that doesn’t include Herald trait line? Ofc in most if not all oter profs the Elite Spec make the profession more powerful but in the case of Rev… the Herald elite spec puts a Revenant in “working” state!

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

(edited by Ilias.8647)

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

Considering the massive list of bugs in another thread that STILL haven’t been fixed, and most of them haven’t even been commented on, yeah…Rev is a beta class, it seems that Arena-nets “solution” for fixing revenant comes down to “Ehhh just play Glint/Shiro, we know that we nerfed that playstyle alot but hey, it works without not too many bugs!”

Still feels like Beta

in Revenant

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

People can solo dungeons/fractals in some classes for some niche challenge they enjoy. That’s no reason to balance classes around their ability/efficiency in soloing dungeons.

WvW is about capturing objectives and preventing your enemies from doing the same. Similar to spvp, but on a much larger scale and time slot.

Condi mesmer is worse than thief builds, because while it is a supreme duelist, it is utter garbage at chasing.

Virtually all you need to do if a Dire mesmer jumps you is keep running and use your cleanse/heal.

Mesmer has virtually zero mobility to chase you on staff outside his blink, and staff clones can’t hit a moving target with their pathetic projectile speed.

You only die to a dire mesmer if you are an idiot and stay there dueling him.

Unlike a thief who is just as good for duels but can chase anyone down except another thief or a warrior with ease.

WvW’s main objective is the Mist War points. If you deviate from that, by all means have your fun but don’t come back and complain about class balance because you lost duels in a game format that’s nothing about duels.

You simply cannot balance any mmorpg with 1v1, you arent suppose to, pvp is suppose to be about group pvp not solo anyways, you will always have more trouble vs certain classes and thats the way its meant to be. It baffles me why people think they need to be balanced vs every class? If the game doesnt balance you to solo dungeons quickly then there is no reason to believe you can be balanced vs all classes in pvp, thats just silly.