Still holding out hope

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Ok, so with ALL the bad press and comments and threads and junk about how bad Renegade is going to be, how many of you are still keeping the faith and hoping that ANET just might perform some sort of miracle and Renegade will be fine, and therefore you are sticking to it?
I for one am. Rev was my first raid toon and in spite of how it felt to play (yea, clunky as) I am still really keen to give it a go and hopefully it has a spot in raids. If not, well then maybe someone will make Spellbreaker viable but NIKE highly doubts it and I tend to listen to what the folks that invest heaps into a class have to say.
So, I shall be on the Renegade bandwagon and really hope we see some positives once it launches! I mean I have read some good points so there is hope…..

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: linium.6042

linium.6042

We will have to wait to try out how viable and efective the utility skills are.Apart from that it looks like it will be good condi damage.
Power is a " no go" aperently

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I’d like Power Renegade to be a thing to be honest, however I’d first want Renegade itself to be a thing.

At the moment it’s probably the worst Elite spec ever made, according to all the polls I’ve seen at least, and it doesn’t even have underwater combat (again).

The best thing would be to just redo it completely, but it would be great to justhave its main issues (killable summons) and bugs fixed, the stunbreak moved, and overall core Revenant buffed.

The main reason for all the Revenant nerfs (PvP) is no longer an issues, so most of the nerfs should be revoked now.

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: Sikil.9817

Sikil.9817

There’s been a disheartening amount of negative feedback and, frankly, hate towards the Renegade on these forums (and also on reddit), as a Revenant main it’s been pretty painful to watch. Surely we can have some degree of faith that ANet’s internal testing strategy is good and that it will turn out to be a great group PvE spec (which is what it seems to be designed to be)?

…can’t we…?

It would be nice to get a developer comment, any kind of acknowledgement of the community’s concerns, but I doubt we will. Their new strategy seems to be “don’t comment, only deliver” and I can’t entirely blame them. Any dev commenting on this forum right now would get their face chewed off instantly and that’s got to be an unpleasant experience coming off of months of work trying to make something that will make the players happy…!

I miss the HoT beta days though. Remember the “dodge fluff maybe?” suggestion post, which got our misty dodge effect added?

Anyway, I’m still planning to take my Revenant into PoF first, with the full set of Viper gear I made ready for the occasion. If it’s un-fun though, I’m preparing some gear for my engineer too and I’ll go Holosmith.

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Joxer.6024

There’s been a disheartening amount of negative feedback and, frankly, hate towards the Renegade on these forums (and also on reddit), as a Revenant main it’s been pretty painful to watch. Surely we can have some degree of faith that ANet’s internal testing strategy is good and that it will turn out to be a great group PvE spec (which is what it seems to be designed to be)?

…can’t we…?

It would be nice to get a developer comment, any kind of acknowledgement of the community’s concerns, but I doubt we will. Their new strategy seems to be “don’t comment, only deliver” and I can’t entirely blame them. Any dev commenting on this forum right now would get their face chewed off instantly and that’s got to be an unpleasant experience coming off of months of work trying to make something that will make the players happy…!

I miss the HoT beta days though. Remember the “dodge fluff maybe?” suggestion post, which got our misty dodge effect added?

Anyway, I’m still planning to take my Revenant into PoF first, with the full set of Viper gear I made ready for the occasion. If it’s un-fun though, I’m preparing some gear for my engineer too and I’ll go Holosmith.

Yea, I’m with ya on that one, only other toon may be a Spellbreaker….maybe.

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

It would be nice to get a developer comment, any kind of acknowledgement of the community’s concerns, but I doubt we will.

True.

Their new strategy seems to be “don’t comment, only deliver” and I can’t entirely blame them. Any dev commenting on this forum right now would get their face chewed off instantly and that’s got to be an unpleasant experience coming off of months of work trying to make something that will make the players happy…!

I doubt. This forum is usually polite.
A sign that comments are being read would be appreciated and welcomed with constructive comments.
About “months of work”, well, that’s probably on other specs. For Renegade it feels more like “weeks of work” given that we didn’t even get 1 new underwater skill, while Weaver got 65 new skills, similar to Soulbeast and Firebrand.
Yes, that’s the correct number: Weaver got 65 new skills, and they didn’t skip underwater ones.

Yeah, I remember that.
Probably the reason we have Kalla now is tha post about not having enough female legends. #genderequality

I’d be having fun with Herald as always.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Of course, even with all my salt and naysay, I’m still going to play my Rev the most!

Secretly, I think Power Renegade (Shiro/Mallyx) might actually be sneaky good in sPvP as a duelist/decapper. 450 ferocity +(30% critical damage) just from Fervor and AP is pretty substantial… I mean it’s basically a bonus minor stat.

Now if only I could force myself to care about sPvP again…=/

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Yeah, I remember that.
Probably the reason we have Kalla now is tha post about not having enough female legends. #genderequality

If you really want to get technical, there isn’t gender equality because they made Kalla and her warband exterior killable/fearable manifestations as opposed to the other spirits that operate as an integral part of us and guide our movements. I’d have preferred a new spirit to have manifested internally the same as the others, otherwise I’d have rolled a pre-PoF ranger…

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

I think many people joined the Renegade hate train, cuz there is a “train.” Once a couple of people start bashing something, everyone joins in. That does not mean Renegade is good. Though, if energy was not a limiting factor, it will be fairly strong, even if nothing else changes.

Sadly, what most likely will happen is a slight buff to some utilities with no regard to energy cost. Which is typical of how most rev changes are, rendering majority of rev utilities useless. Renegade will be meta in PvE for condi builds and that is pretty much it.

Since F2-F4 skills and utilities have reasonable CDs, removing the energy from F2-F4 skills and reducing them to 10 for the utilities, will put Renegade in a good position. But this seems to be the most unlikely scenario..

(edited by otto.5684)

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

Yeah, I remember that.

If you really want to get technical, there isn’t gender equality because they made Kalla and her warband exterior killable/fearable manifestations as opposed to the other spirits that operate as an integral part of us and guide our movements. I’d have preferred a new spirit to have manifested internally the same as the others, otherwise I’d have rolled a pre-PoF ranger…

This; one of my most burning objections to the renegade is the fact we’re not really channeling Kalla, we’re channeling her warband.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the f skills were the utilities at some point; their icons follow the color scheme of Kalla’s legend icon; like other legend icons color scheme correspond to their utility skills. Meanwhile, the current Kalla utilities have the standard Revenant color scheme of white, black, and red.

I really wish Kalla’s utilities were a mixed set or kit of different abilities themed around Kalla and the warband summoning skills were the f skills.

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

the gonna buff the renegade

Shattershot – 5 sec of bleed

Icerazor’s Ire – 1 sec of chill, 1 stack of vulnerability

Citadel Bombardment – reduce nrg to 30 increase cd to 20
there you go pve and wvw

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Yeah, I remember that.

That was one of my arguments against the spirit summoning.
I agree of course, Revenant channels legends, and Kalla never had the ability to summon a magic warband, so why should we?

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I have hope as well, my Chuka and Champawat journey continues.

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I’m not exactly “keeping the faith” or even hoping.

There may be a slim chance they’ll turn renegade into something I’d want to play so I’ll keep an eye on it until PoF launches.

But I would bet against it. Unfortunately.

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

They need to redo this spec completely. Theres no hope at this point cus they wont do that. But hey, why i should care anyway, im not gonna buy this xpac nor any future ones till they dont fix core rev.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Honestly, no.

Because even if the renegade was good in terms of numbers it doesn’t feel good to play as and Kalla was, quite frankly, an extremely lame choice for a legend. I loved the concept of the revenant when it was first announced but it now feels like a class that nobody knows what exactly to make of and that’s a shame.

So I’ll be shelving mine until the class fantasy manifests in some meaningful way. I’ve enjoyed Path of Fire immensely otherwise and if it has one stain it is this.

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: Sikil.9817

Sikil.9817

So glad we got the stress test! I missed the start and only got an hour to fiddle with Renegade in PvE, but it was enough to be informative

Trying to get high damage out of it certainly felt interesting, what with needing to position the warband correctly, manage your energy and whatnot. The warband appear to synergise with each other enough that I wonder whether a high DPS rotation would involve waiting for your energy to charge to 100 after swapping to Kalla so that you can drop several summons, and maybe F3 bombardment, in quick succession. It’s certainly different. And once again, kudos to the art team — the skill effects are truly beautiful.

I’m not going to play it first, though, because I’m not a fan of this style of gameplay. I like to dive into melee and have to defend myself, and Kalla doesn’t have the defensive capabilities to support that kind of offensive playstyle (does that make sense?) I missed Glint’s heal skill so much (best self-heal in the game, that, imo). I still want a shiny new toy rather than to stick with my Glint/Shiro build I’ve played the kitten out of for the last couple of years, so I’ve changed my mind: I’m going to main holosmith, and leave my revenant on the bench for a little while.

I guess this is part of the point of elite specs though, isn’t it? They’re introducing a new play style to the profession. So it’s normal and expected for some players of that profession to not like it, but alternatively, like the play style being introduced to a different profession they didn’t previously enjoy. (I only enjoy scrapper on a ludicrous flamethrower/HGH build that’s terrible for anything except solo PvE and mob tagging…)

I’m sure there’s loads to like for fans of a strategic, minion master play style, in which you’re in command of the battlefield rather than the flow of battle controlling you. Especially after they fix some of the wonky numbers.

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

how can the devs not realize rev needs a freaking overhaul. But we keep getting gimmicks to help us compete but it never works. I’m sick of spamming one op skill because that’s all that’s worth using. I’m sick of using upkeep skills just to spam my auto attack. I’m sick of bland traits. I’m sick of legends being so one dimensional to the point where there’s no synergy between them. And I’m about to be real sick of spamming wells/spirits that die and spamming my auto attack yet again.

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Joxer.6024

how can the devs not realize rev needs a freaking overhaul. But we keep getting gimmicks to help us compete but it never works. I’m sick of spamming one op skill because that’s all that’s worth using. I’m sick of using upkeep skills just to spam my auto attack. I’m sick of bland traits. I’m sick of legends being so one dimensional to the point where there’s no synergy between them. And I’m about to be real sick of spamming wells/spirits that die and spamming my auto attack yet again.

Tell us how you really feel mate!!! But yea, I feel you, and if for no other reason than to stop you from being sick, cuz that’s not fun, lets hope we are heard and SOMETHING happens?!! :P

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i think the elite will be fine if char become immune to damage.

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

The Aoe effect should be around the caster instead of being around a summon. We should become Kalla as Revenants.

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Yeah, I remember that.

This; one of my most burning objections to the renegade is the fact we’re not really channeling Kalla, we’re channeling her warband.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the f skills were the utilities at some point; their icons follow the color scheme of Kalla’s legend icon; like other legend icons color scheme correspond to their utility skills. Meanwhile, the current Kalla utilities have the standard Revenant color scheme of white, black, and red.

I really wish Kalla’s utilities were a mixed set or kit of different abilities themed around Kalla and the warband summoning skills were the f skills.

We are not even channeling, we are summoning them. Channeling them would actually be great, with Aoe effects around us.

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

The Aoe effect should be around the caster instead of being around a summon. We should become Kalla as Revenants.

nah the elite would be complete trash if they melee range. that elite offer nothing for support you would just end up getting instant snipe.

Still holding out hope

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Could be a simple well