[Suggestion] Second ranged weapon

in Revenant

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Is there any way that Revenant could get a second ranged weapon? Currently the only ranged weapon is the hammer. I’m not particular about what it could be, but I believe that a second ranged weapon is in order. All of the other professions have alternates.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in Revenant

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

You can’t really call Pistol on Thief an Alternative, but a one handed ranged weapon could be useful

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Revenant

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

There was a really nice suggestion a while back for such a thing, if you wanna show your support. :P

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Revenant

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

at this point i don’t really think they will add any new weapon to rev.

norn warrior

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

and honestly they do not really NEED it…i’d expect a ranged condi in the second expansion tho ^^

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Toolbox.9375

Which is quite sad, given that Guardian has 10 and Warrior has 13! (When counting mainhand and offhand seperately, anyway.)

Though, I suppose they’re quite well-off when compared to the other Jack-of-all-Trades classes, with Elementalist at 6 and Engineer at 5. X) Thooough Elementalist COULD be seen as having 24 with their Attunements, or even 29 with Conjures, and Engineer could be seen as having 11 with Kits. :P

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

Which is quite sad, given that Guardian has 10 and Warrior has 13! (When counting mainhand and offhand seperately, anyway.)

Though, I suppose they’re quite well-off when compared to the other Jack-of-all-Trades classes, with Elementalist at 6 and Engineer at 5. X) Thooough Elementalist COULD be seen as having 24 with their Attunements, or even 29 with Conjures, and Engineer could be seen as having 11 with Kits. :P

uhm after RIfle, Pistol/Pistol and Pistol/Shield which are other engi’s weapons? Not counting incoming hammer :-D
Anyway like eles and engis the class mechanic covers/justify the low number of weapons. And i’m kinda cool with that.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I vote for GS condi range, but have an element like Spear so that it can also be a melee switch.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I vote for a rifle (some kind of ghost-busters theme) that applies torment/burning. Every class and their dog have GS.

Or if they are willing I would always be for land spears (could be thrown). But I don’t think that’s ever gonna happen.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I vote for a rifle (some kind of ghost-busters theme) that applies torment/burning. Every class and their dog have GS.

Or if they are willing I would always be for land spears (could be thrown). But I don’t think that’s ever gonna happen.

Ahh, but no class has a Ranged condi GS. Besides that, Rifle is a terribly boring weapon!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I vote for Mace getting 600-range AA.

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

Ahh, but no class has a Ranged condi GS. Besides that, Rifle is a terribly boring weapon!

well staff usually is boring too but they managed to twist it ;-)
I’d second to a rifle too, even if it doesnt perfectly fit the class (firearms vs mists power dunno) i’d like more of them used!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

well staff usually is boring too but they managed to twist it ;-)
I’d second to a rifle too, even if it doesnt perfectly fit the class (firearms vs mists power dunno) i’d like more of them used!

If they make it like warrior rifle where it just shoots then yes I agree it would completely suck and be boring. But if they made it kind of like ac path 2 ghost busters themed I think it could work.

Also I would love it if they made it melee AND ranged, similar to revenant spear. Maybe slot 1 is a ranged condition applier and if they get close skill 2 acts as some sort of close range ghost flamethrower. Skills 3-5 could be a projectile/knockback bubble, and some kind of aoe fields (kinda like guardian skills on lb). I dunno just some random Ideas that could be fun. A duo purpose weapon (especially one that isn’t used much) could change a lot of how we play.

in Revenant

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Agreed, I would like to have another alternative for a range weapon.

I mean before the Dragonhunter, Guardian only got staff and scepter. Well ok staff doesn’t have a long range but people used it anyway for empower but I never like it for PVE so I went with scepter instead.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bean Muncher.5197

Bean Muncher.5197

While it’s not the most powerful argument, do remember what the theme of the revenant is: channeling legends from the past and gaining their powers. As said by Roy in a Points of Interest (no idea which one), the rev is like the opposite of the engineer. The rev looks at the past while the engi looks at the future. So the pistol and the rifle are very unlikely choices for a new rev weapon.

That being said, a bow can pewpew just as well as a rifle in gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Main hand axe, ranged, with a focus on condition damage. I’d love to see my rev dual-wielding axes.

in Revenant

Toolbox.9375

uhm after RIfle, Pistol/Pistol and Pistol/Shield which are other engi’s weapons? Not counting incoming hammer :-D
Anyway like eles and engis the class mechanic covers/justify the low number of weapons. And i’m kinda cool with that.

I was counting their Kits and Hammer in the tally. :P

in Revenant

Posted by: Eggshells.1748

Eggshells.1748

Gonna need some ranged options for some of the world bosses.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sully.9453

Sully.9453

I have to admit that i doubt we’ll be seeing any more weapons added to the rev this close to the release of HoT

Keltina – Necromancer | Hoctar – Revenant
[DAWN] First Light Gaming – Blackgate

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

Main hand axe, ranged, with a focus on condition damage. I’d love to see my rev dual-wielding axes.

Yeah why not? Longbow might be good too, as said earlier

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

i’d vote for a longbow ranged support weapon (Kudzu fits sooo good with Legendary centaur theme)
Or possibly a support main hand to compliment shield off (scepter or axe?)