Suggestion for Crystal Hibernation rooting

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Ok, it seems that the skill will still root you. How about 2s of superspeed after the skill ends without being canceled? So we can run away or reposition after, gosh, 4 seconds of lock in place.

Also I don’t really get the “no point capture”. It’s something that is usually on invulnerability skills. This one is simply a block and we can’t even move.

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

No, it’s fine as is.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

It seems unlikely to change at this time.

This is going to be one of those “give it time” topics where we’re gonna have to leave Shield is the way it is, let people get wrecked in SPvP with a shield because players adapt and simply time out the block and follow it up with massive burst in their location just like used to happen with the Engie shield. People stop using it, it gets adjusted to what it should have been now, life moves on, and we get back to a more consistently designed game where (regardless of game mode) mobility is life.

At least Axe is still pretty amazing. Still honestly mulling a Frostfang.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

JoshuaRAWR.4653

This is going to be one of those “give it time” topics where we’re gonna have to leave Shield is the way it is, let people get wrecked in SPvP with a shield because players adapt and simply time out the block and follow it up with massive burst in their location just like used to happen with the Engie shield. People stop using it, it gets adjusted to what it should have been now, life moves on, and we get back to a more consistently designed game where (regardless of game mode) mobility is life.

I hate this argument because it can easily be countered.

If you’re standing still, and they’re standing still waiting for you to become unrooted, they’re a sitting duck as well, no?

Those 4 seconds give you time for you to regen some more energy, while also gaining health back via the ability. It will give you some breathing room, allowing for some of your abilities to come off cooldown. It will be able to be used to block burst, just because it roots you doesn’t mean you can’t pop it while a warrior is midway through his f1 with a hammer. You can also cancel the ability mid way through the channel and use another ability (say, Shiros evade back) to get out of harms way.

The ability is fine now, it does not need changing. The engineers shield was changed because it was literally just that, a block, and at the time the engineer was insanely squishy and had next to no survivability outside of Elixir R.

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

The biggest issue with the 5 skill was that the the defiance bars was waaaaayyy to fragile and ended up causing more harm than good. Duration Block + heal is well worth the rooting.

In regards to the Engi shield. Yes, the shield was clunky to use since it caused rooting, but gaining access to the shield required giving up a utility skill. The other 4 skills on the kit may not necessarily been used either.

With the Herald’s shield you give up half a weapon set and gain access to aoe protection and group healing on the 4 skill, and the 5 skill offers a channelled personal heal and block. Even if the full duration is not used the skill is on a 20s cooldown.

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Don’t be absurd. If you actually get bursted after this skill finishes, you deserve to die. There are tons of options for immediately avoiding bursts with this profession.

If you’re particularly frightened of this non-issue, you could always just cancel the skill half a second early by swapping weapons and then dodge out the way of any incoming attacks.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

In regards to the Engi shield. Yes, the shield was clunky to use since it caused rooting, but gaining access to the shield required giving up a utility skill. The other 4 skills on the kit may not necessarily been used either.

Shield on engi is not a kit. You give up to nothing or, well, to a pistol, and it’s not a big deal. With Revenant you give up to sword or axe, it’s the same.

Rooting was a bad idea on engi and it’s still a bad idea.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

If you’re standing still, and they’re standing still waiting for you to become unrooted, they’re a sitting duck as well, no?

Or they can heal up or stack might. An Ele can even do both in 4 seconds.

Or use unblockable attacks on a sitting duck.

in Revenant

JoshuaRAWR.4653

That’s IF they have those abilities off cooldown to actually do that.

If they use unblockable attacks, you got outplayed, cancel the ability and do something else.

Being able to move while channeling the block won’t prevent unblockable attacks from hitting you, nor will it prevent people from ‘healing up or stacking might’

As it is now, this is by far the strongest block in the game. It’s on a shorter cooldown than the warriors, but on a slightly longer cooldown than the engineers, and both those classes need to trait their shield to get it to a more effective level, Revenants do not.

Engineers Shield (Looking at the kit here) – 20 second cooldown un-traited, just blocks.
Warriors Shield – 30 second cooldown un-traited, just blocks.
Revenants Shield – 20 Second cooldown un-traited, blocks & heals for about 4k with no modifiers or healing power, while rooting you.

The Revenants shield is literally a block with an incredibly effective heal comparable to an actual healing utility.

The ability is fine, it does not need any more changes.

I’m actually starting to imagine the things this shield will be able to pull off with some of the traits from Ventari.

(edited by JoshuaRAWR.4653)

in Revenant

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

If they use unblockable attacks, you got outplayed, cancel the ability and do something else.

Being able to move while channeling the block won’t prevent unblockable attacks from hitting you, nor will it prevent people from ‘healing up or stacking might’

As it is now, this is by far the strongest block in the game. It’s on a shorter cooldown than the warriors, but on a slightly longer cooldown than the engineers, and both those classes need to trait their shield to get it to a more effective level, Revenants do not.

Engineers Shield – 20 second cooldown un-traited, just blocks.
Revenants Shield – 20 Second cooldown un-traited, blocks & heals for about 4k with no modifiers or healing power, while rooting you.

The Revenants shield is literally a block with an incredibly effective heal comparable to an actual healing utility.

I’m actually starting to imagine the things this shield will be able to pull off with some of the traits from Ventari.

Generally I agree with you here, but 2 things need to be considered as well:

• usually its easier to stack might if you target is not running away from you (eg Elementalist or Guard Staff #4)
  • the Revenant shield also costs 10 energy… #5 is still great though for 1v1s or 1vXs, while running from a zerg i’d probably rather have the Engineer’s shield
PvP, Teef & Engi

in Revenant

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Engineers Shield – 20 second cooldown un-traited, just blocks.

Generally I agree with you here, but 2 things need to be considered as well:

• usually its easier to stack might if you target is not running away from you (eg Elementalist or Guard Staff #4)
  • the Revenant shield also costs 10 energy… #5 is still great though for 1v1s or 1vXs, while running from a zerg i’d probably rather have the Engineer’s shield

I agree it’s certainly easier to stack might against a stationary target, but it’s also not impossible, plus if a target is blocking & running away, if they’re running off the point in SPvP, you’ve won.

For WvW i agree, the shield is pretty poor at running away from zergs, but then Shiro covers that with the insane mobility.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I’m perfectly happy with the shield change. It fits what I want to do with revenant perfectly (balance offensive stats with strong active defensive options). I think the shield is going to be fantastic when we saw how raids are going to work.

As far as the immobilize is concerned, it doesn’t bother me because I think this is the perfect skill for when you need to hold a position for whatever reason. It makes the ability more situational, but I’m ok with that.

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

While it does roots you, it is a long block that also heals you for a large amount. Basically like some of our lower heal skills right now. If you could move while using this skill it’s power would need to be brought down a lot.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

(edited by Roy Cronacher.1576)

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

While it does roots you, it is a long block that also heals you for a long amount. If you could move while using this skill it’s power would need to be brought down a lot.

Yeah, I think I get it, that’s why I’m simply suggesting a short speed boon after it, so you can at least reposition faster

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

While it does roots you, it is a long block that also heals you for a large amount. Basically like some of our lower heal skills right now. If you could move while using this skill it’s power would need to be brought down a lot.

Exactly <3

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

It’s a 3 second block with a heal that also roots you currently. When you look at the other alternatives:

Staff: Warding Rift: 2s block – 10 cost, 10 recast – mobile.
OH Sword: Duelist’s Preperation: 2s block – 10 cost, 12 recast – mobile

So really, adding a second of extra block and a heal on it is nice and all, there’s already cheaper and faster CD blocks on other weapons that give us more total block up time and are already mobile. Considering the increased cost and cool down, really isn’t that far fetched or that much out of balance. The root just isn’t justified and goes against the entire principle of the game of avoiding mechanics through mobility.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

The skill is amazing as is right now. If you prefer a block while moving then take offhand sword. It’s really a matter of preference now: mobility while blocking or healing while blocking. I can see the former being better for zerk builds and latter for celestial.

in Revenant

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

This skill seems to be fine right now. It heals for a nice amount, which makes it a lot more valuable than a normal block. Reve will be getting rekt by Necros even harder now though.

Defensive skills like that are also extra useful on Reve, since you can use the breathing room to recuperate energy.

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

What’s wrong with you guys? It’s a strong heal, 4s block on 20cd. And you moan against being static? Umadbro?

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

What’s wrong with you guys? It’s a strong heal, 4s block on 20cd. And you moan against being static? Umadbro?

I’m not really against the rooting fact anymore. My suggestion was not to remove the root thing, but to add something at the end to balance the rooting

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

4k heal is pretty powerful though. I can see the problem with it during WvW Zerg fights, but then, just don’t run it during those times.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

No need for this. It provides 3s block, constant, with huge heal and has only 20s CD.

Shield is now PERFECT from my POV

I’m not really against the rooting fact anymore. My suggestion was not to remove the root thing, but to add something at the end to balance the rooting

There already is. Heal & low CD. Roy cut it down by 10s. Ie 33%.

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

3 second block. Compared to our other skills with a 2s block on a 10s cool down. That roots you. Am I saying it’s the most worthless thing ever? No. Am I saying there’s superior alternatives? Yep. Am I complaining about being static in a game that from the earliest levels teaches you that keeping mobile is the key to not dying? Yep.

If you don’t bring things like this up now, in the development phase, you end up sitting on them for potentially years before they’re looked at again as working or not working. I’d rather say how it is now than basically regulate shield to yet another useless or ultra niche weapon alternative in this game.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

3 second block. Compared to our other skills with a 2s block on a 10s cool down. That roots you. Am I saying it’s the most worthless thing ever? No. Am I saying there’s superior alternatives? Yep. Am I complaining about being static in a game that from the earliest levels teaches you that keeping mobile is the key to not dying? Yep.

If you don’t bring things like this up now, in the development phase, you end up sitting on them for potentially years before they’re looked at again as working or not working. I’d rather say how it is now than basically regulate shield to yet another useless or ultra niche weapon alternative in this game.

it’s a friggin 4k heal on 20s cd…if you want to move, u gonna loose that, because otherwise is just a stronger version of the blocks you mentioned. There MUST be a drawback otherwise this skill would be OP.
To me is balanced given the strong effect. Can’t understand how is not that obvious. Changing from breakbar to block was the greatest thing ever.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

If anything, something should be added to Crystal Hibernation with the GM trait. Keep the boon extention on Shield 4 and add something else on Shield 5.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

It’s a 3 second block with a heal that also roots you currently. When you look at the other alternatives:

Staff: Warding Rift: 2s block – 10 cost, 10 recast – mobile.
OH Sword: Duelist’s Preperation: 2s block – 10 cost, 12 recast – mobile

So really, adding a second of extra block and a heal on it is nice and all, there’s already cheaper and faster CD blocks on other weapons that give us more total block up time and are already mobile. Considering the increased cost and cool down, really isn’t that far fetched or that much out of balance. The root just isn’t justified and goes against the entire principle of the game of avoiding mechanics through mobility.

Shield 5 can heal you for 4k if I remember. That is like a 3rd heal almost lol so I have to say its balanced.

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

it’s a friggin 4k heal on 20s cd…if you want to move, u gonna loose that, because otherwise is just a stronger version of the blocks you mentioned. There MUST be a drawback otherwise this skill would be OP.
To me is balanced given the strong effect. Can’t understand how is not that obvious. Changing from breakbar to block was the greatest thing ever.

If you asked me what was the literal worst thing you could imagine having to offset an ability in this game it would be mobility. Giving up your mobility is never worth it. Ever. It sounds flashy, it looks flashy, but functional and practical game play will invariably show it just not being worth it. Every part of this game mechanically speaking requires mobility be it PvE, PvP or WvW. It is the entire reason I don’t even look at Soothing Bastion because getting rooted at 25% HP out of position in a competitive scenario is simply a death sentence.

I’m a “pick your battles” kind of guy and this isn’t one I’m really going to fight. The ability and changes sound too good on paper. However you look at any ability on any profession that roots you in place and you’ll see none of them are even used (I even struggle to think of the very few there are). As I said originally, it’s going to be one of those abilities everyone is gonna cheer on until 12 months down the road. It’s doubtful I’ll convince you of it, so we’ll just wait and see.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Eolirin.1830

Eolirin.1830

If anything, something should be added to Crystal Hibernation with the GM trait. Keep the boon extention on Shield 4 and add something else on Shield 5.

Speaking of that GM trait, Soothing Bastion is incredibly frustrating, since there’s no way to control when it’ll force the activation of Crystalline Hibernation, and if you’re activating a skill or performing another action like a stomp, it’ll interrupt it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

If the skill allowed us to move I highly doubt we’d get the healing effect. Me personally I’d take the heal over moving any day as it’s helpful for glint if the heal skill wouldn’t get a good effect depending on the situation we are in. I think the root is just fine without the endurance bar.

in Revenant

Posted by: zebbers.6139

zebbers.6139

and this skill that you described as ‘just a block’ also heals. A LOT. we pretty much have two heal skills with shield.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jasmine Salina.3609

Jasmine Salina.3609

What I think people don’t seem to realize is that movement in GW2 is everything. Be it in PvE, PvP, or WvW (Especially WvW). As many people have already stated and given good examples, having a root on Shield 5 makes shield not even worth taking. Sure 4k heal is great, but when you’re stuck in a battle, be it a zerg or a 2v1 in pvp or even mobs in pve like dungeons (less so in PvE, but still a risk to take), you’re leaving yourself wide open to a counter attack.

As it stands right now, Axe is the best offhand to take currently. It offers good damage, a blink to target, and a pull. Now, let’s look at shield, we get a small heal burst plus prot on 4, and a 4k heal block, but rooted on 5. In PvP and WvW, as much as it pains me to say, I’m not taking shield. That root with the heal is just not worth it at all. All it takes is a Necro or an Ele to drop marks or wait until the block is gone and drop a skill bomb or a CC on top of me and quite possibly negating that 4k healing I just received.

I want to use shield. I really do. I want to be able to use the Flameseeker legendary with my Rev, but as it stands right now, shield is just not worth taking.

My suggestion is this:

Lower the healing to 2.5-3k total health regen or even as low as 2-2.5k, remove the root and allow us to move while channeling. Maybe increase the energy to 25-30.

This way, it keeps its usefulness and allows the player to not expose themselves to being an easy kill.

Kodiak said it best with this “I’d rather say how it is now than basically regulate shield to yet another useless or ultra niche weapon alternative in this game.”

|Seer – Elementalist|

|KnT | BG|

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

having a root on Shield 5 makes shield not even worth taking

We may simply have to agree to disagree. I think it will be phenomenal in PvE. Situational, yes, but it isn’t your main heal, so that’s perfectly ok with me. It isn’t a skill you are going to spam on cooldown.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jasmine Salina.3609

Jasmine Salina.3609

We may simply have to agree to disagree. I think it will be phenomenal in PvE. Situational, yes, but it isn’t your main heal, so that’s perfectly ok with me. It isn’t a skill you are going to spam on cooldown.

I wouldn’t even take it in PvE at all. Could you find a use for it in PvE? Yes.

I’m mainly talking about SPvP and WvW. Movement is everything in those two areas. In WvW, if you get CC’d or use a skill that locks you into place, like 100B, you’re more than likely dead and just rallied any foe that hit you.
In SPvP, same thing. You leave yourself wide open for a burst as soon as the block goes down.

I fully understand it’s not a main heal. My primary issue, is that where I would be using shield the most, i.e. SPvP and WvW, that root is a death sentence. You’re essentially putting a target above your head and shouting “Look at me, I’m unable to move, drop all damage on me in 3 seconds!”

|Seer – Elementalist|

|KnT | BG|

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I wouldn’t even take it in PvE at all. Could you find a use for it in PvE? Yes.

I’m mainly talking about SPvP and WvW. Movement is everything in those two areas. In WvW, if you get CC’d or use a skill that locks you into place, like 100B, you’re more than likely dead and just rallied any foe that hit you.
In SPvP, same thing. You leave yourself wide open for a burst as soon as the block goes down.

I fully understand it’s not a main heal. My primary issue, is that where I would be using shield the most, i.e. SPvP and WvW, that root is a death sentence. You’re essentially putting a target above your head and shouting “Look at me, I’m unable to move, drop all damage on me in 3 seconds!”

You’re no more vulnerable afterwords as you would be with it standing on point…? So use it, block/heal and hold the point with a great block and if you’re really worried about getting stomped on after it ends have your finger on shiro evade and duck out of there. The only issue the skill had before was that it prevented point capping. Now, you’re going to be there anyways, there’s really no major draw backs to it in spvp except that it can’t be used TO flee, but that’s not the purpose of it. Use it to block and heal then flee.

Anywhere else, just use sword offhand. No way to make everything perfect for every situation, you have flexibility.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Just use sword+defender runes and don’t waste your time using shield it’s that easy. Mobility is huge in every and all games especially action ones this is fairly obvious.

After playing closed beta Gigantic and waiting for 3 years for gw2 to get it right, i know where I’ll take my pvp more serious in a game at this point.

I can’t honestly name a single skill in guild-wars 2 that is satisfying that roots you for pvp purposes. I can however name how several skills once their silly roots were removed became much better. Engineer comes to mind whirling wrath ect.

But back to the defender runes, You’ll get an insane heal for something as basic as aegis block or just using your sword to block and have even more regen.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Revenant

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

I actually think the CD should have remained at 30 seconds. With the pretty decent heal and all…

(edited by Icdan Sevaen.4628)

in Revenant

Posted by: zebbers.6139

zebbers.6139

tbh, for the sake of pvp and the shield not being super-niche, I have to agree with the suggestion to lower the heal a lot and allow us to move.

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I think you guys are not giving enough credit to the heals on shield.

Off-hand sword can block on the move, great! In 24 sec you can have 4 sec of block + high damage skill with an unreliable pull. Using shield you can have 3 sec of block + 8k heal + 4 sec of protection. In terms of survivability I can’t see how oh sword is better.

(edited by FLiP.7680)

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

@FLiP Yes not enough credit with our terrible condition removal and the likely hood that in pvp we will be poisoned because that’s what good players would do.

Not to mention its a block and so other Revenants will be able to shiro+staff 5 you out of the skill anyway. Lets add un-blockable Necro marks into the mix shall we? There are tons of things that make this a bad skill when you cannot move.

The ability to move is everything in GW2 that’s game-play 101.

Sword offhand is superior in this regard because you can get to a place to Line of sight your foe. You won’t/don’t have to be a sitting duck waiting to get blown up.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

Off-hand sword can block on the move, great! In 24 sec you can have 4 sec of block + high damage skill with an unreliable pull. Using shield you can have 3 sec of block + 8k heal + 4 sec of protection. In terms of survivability I can’t see how oh sword is better.

Your numbers are wildly inaccurate, with shield in 24s you can have 3 sec of block and a 4k heal that also roots you as well as 2s of protection because you can’t recast it twice in 24s.

The point of contention that people are making is that being rooted will lead to you ultimately taking more damage than you will heal/recover from with Shield5. This is based on experience with existing effects that also root you. They are also typically very powerful as well, but generally speaking the power of them doesn’t offset the fact that you’re setting yourself to get bursted into the ground the second you come out.

Again…in a game where PvE teaches you to move out of things, PvP teaches you to move out of things, and WvW teaches you to move out of things…giving you a skill that keeps you into them is just backwards design.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

Off-hand sword can block on the move, great! In 24 sec you can have 4 sec of block + high damage skill with an unreliable pull. Using shield you can have 3 sec of block + 4k heal + 4 sec of protection. In terms of survivability I can’t see how oh sword is better.

fixed the heal. still this with 1.9k on shield 4 gives an insame amount of self heal, near to elementalist. You run this on bunker builds, mostly.
People really do not see how strong it is right now…

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

Not to mention its a block and so other Revenants will be able to shiro+staff 5 you out of the skill anyway. Lets add un-blockable Necro marks into the mix shall we? There are tons of things that make this a bad skill when you cannot move.

Haha right? I’m SO looking forward to using Malicious Reprisal now that they changed Assassin’s Presence to Master. Oh are you blocking? Who cares!

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: blokejoe.6590

blokejoe.6590

i rather be able to move and block and take a 4sec regeneration . instead of rooted and heal for 1200

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Crystal Hibernation is now blocking, meaning it really makes you a sitting duck… Imagine fighting s/f power ele, you give the ele a free phoenix hit. Which can go up to 6-7 hits dealing MASSIVE damage. I am totally against this…

in Revenant

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

I think Shield 5 is fine as it is. Shield 4 though, i think the duration of protection is way too short to be of any meaningful purpose. I would trade that away for a blast finisher. Would you consider this trade-off?

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Your numbers are wildly inaccurate, with shield in 24s you can have 3 sec of block and a 4k heal that also roots you as well as 2s of protection because you can’t recast it twice in 24s.

The point of contention that people are making is that being rooted will lead to you ultimately taking more damage than you will heal/recover from with Shield5. This is based on experience with existing effects that also root you. They are also typically very powerful as well, but generally speaking the power of them doesn’t offset the fact that you’re setting yourself to get bursted into the ground the second you come out.

Again…in a game where PvE teaches you to move out of things, PvP teaches you to move out of things, and WvW teaches you to move out of things…giving you a skill that keeps you into them is just backwards design.

Actually, wouldn’t he be right if you take the GM trait? You get the skill use when you are hit below 25% health, then you can use Shield5 immediately afterwards to use the skill again.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

No, he’s factoring in both shield skills (hence the protection from shield 4). Shield 4 has a 15 second recharge, so you could actually have 8k healing and 4s protection by about 17 seconds. By 24s, shield 5 would be off cooldown again.

Bottom line: shield is fine. If you folks don’t want to use it, don’t. It’s clearly a defensive option and no one uses defense in this game anyway, right? That’s what people keep telling me anyway.

Having said that, I do think being able to dodge roll out of the channel (or break it some other way) would be a great thing, but I’m not sure if you can. Regardless, I think sword 3 could be useful for preventing yourself from being gang-tackled once the channel is over.

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

fixed the heal. still this with 1.9k on shield 4 gives an insame amount of self heal, near to elementalist. You run this on bunker builds, mostly.
People really do not see how strong it is right now…

I meant to say 4k from Shield #5 plus 2k from Shield #4 twice. Poison can screw our healing, but even -33% is better than nothing from sword.

Anyway, if you like mobile block stick with sword, it’s a lot better if you’re being chased by a big group. Shield is an excelent tool if you intend to fight the enemy. You can dodge when it ends btw, it’s not like you’re locked in place for 1 second.

And I never said block is better than what used to be. I replied to another thread saying that the partial-invulnerability was better imo. Block has a bunch of weaknesses against Warrior, Rev, Necro.

(edited by FLiP.7680)

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

I think it’s rather funny that so many people are complaining how shield is awful, yet there are people in the Guardian forum who would be happy dancing if they could get the shield skills rom Revenant.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I think it’s rather funny that so many people are complaining how shield is awful, yet there are people in the Guardian forum who would be happy dancing if they could get the shield skills rom Revenant.

Totally true ha ha, I for one have no complaints at all with revenant shield. Yes its situational, but its still really good if use correctly. I’m very happy to actually have a shield be usable and not something that hinders your damage/survival by a long ways.