Suggestion for Dismantle Fortifications

in Revenant

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Dismantle Fortifications
Skills that disable foes (stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, launch or taunt) remove an additional stack of stability.

This trait feels a bit weak to me for a grandmaster. How about making it remove all stacks of stability instead of just 1 extra one? I feel like removing 2 stacks of stab per CC is not going to have much of an effect.

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I completely, totally disagree. Granted there isn’t a great deal of Hard CC for Revenant to use, in group play, removing 2 stacks along side what your team/group would be removing, almost makes it OP. If it weren’t for the lack of Hard CC’s I would say it is OP.

Thinking about it more, depending on how taunt affects stability, it could very well be OP in some group settings.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Revenant

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I never tested how it works. Does it remove the Stability before or after applying its control effect? If it’s before, that’s definitely a potent Grandmaster. If it’s after… I’m gonna have to agree that it seems like a bit of a poor choice.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Revenant

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

I completely, totally disagree. Granted there isn’t a great deal of Hard CC for Revenant to use, in group play, removing 2 stacks along side what your team/group would be removing, almost makes it OP. If it weren’t for the lack of Hard CC’s I would say it is OP.

Thinking about it more, depending on how taunt affects stability, it could very well be OP in some group settings.

Considering that most sources of stability pulse the boon every 3 seconds, removing 2 stacks is kind of underwhelming since it will come right back in a few seconds. Instead, if you’re able to rip the whole stack off then you’re given a lethal few seconds to deliver your combo.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Considering that most sources of stability pulse the boon every 3 seconds, removing 2 stacks is kind of underwhelming since it will come right back in a few seconds. Instead, if you’re able to rip the whole stack off then you’re given a lethal few seconds to deliver your combo.

I agree, considering that Rev has not many CC to begin with.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

It seems weak right now. I think making it 3 stacks would be fine since Reve doesn’t have that much hard CC outside of 50 energy skills.

in Revenant

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

It is an interesting idea to a trait, but I agree the Rev doesn’t have enough hard CC to make good use of it.

I think removing all stacks of stability might be too much, some stability pulses which would make it balanced but others don’t and those are large cooldown skills that I don’t think it’s fair to just nullify them like that. But I really don’t know what to do with this trait. It’s certainly not worth a Grandmaster in its current form (as many of the Rev’s GM traits).

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

2 of the 3 GMs increase damage in the damage trait-line and then you have this silly trait that’s not needed.

Mallyx and corruption trait line eats the boon to begin with which makes removing stacks a waste of your time. In PvE staff 5 already rekts the break bar.

I would much rather have damage on interrupts or some better trait than this garbage one.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The problems with traits or skills like that is they’re in general niche and compete with traits which are universal and good all-rounders.

They’re designed to suck, they’re useful in single situations in entire game and they’re there to theoretically give you an alternative you never pick unless we face some meta or raid where everyone has perma 1 stack of Stability so our CCs always connect.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

It’s only good with surge of the mist. So honestly, it’s not that impressive. Especially compared to the other 2 GM traits that increase your damage and/or sustain by a lot.
I was rather thinking to make it something like:
‘’Skills that disable foes remove an additional stack of stability (0 ICD). When you remove a stack of stability, you gain a stack of stability yourself for a short duration (4 seconds, 5 seconds ICD) ’’

Toughts?