Suggestion- hammer movement skill

in Revenant

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I believe Revenant needs a movement skill (yes I’m aware of the in-combat/need target movement) and Phase Smash is a prime candidate for that. I would like to see it become a phase “leap” with the same 1200 range and 8 second cool down. All the bare bones are there to make it happen, it makes sense and is sorely needed on the battlefield.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Revenant

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

So an 8 second cooldown 1200 range Leap high damage AoE Blast Finisher with Chill that also counts as an Evade.

Playing Revenant has blinded you to what is ‘balanced’.

in Revenant

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

Except every skill on the hammer is clearly designed for heavy ranged damage.. Giving it a leap would only hurt the weapon, not help it.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

in Revenant

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

why would you add a gap closing skill to a ranged weapon like hammer?

norn warrior

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

So an 8 second cooldown 1200 range Leap high damage AoE Blast Finisher with Chill that also counts as an Evade.

lol this.

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

Yeah, it’s gonna be awesome!!!

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

Except every skill on the hammer is clearly designed for heavy ranged damage.. Giving it a leap would only hurt the weapon, not help it.

You ever need to reposition with a movement skill?

Do you wvw?

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

Think out of the box guys.. What about gap makers??? Right?

Like something is smashing your face… you’re crippled, chilled, immobilized… and you need to make some distance so you can keep distance so you can ranged hammer from a distance?

You guys really don’t wvw…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I can open and close gaps with Shiro just fine. I like the way Phase Smash is set up right now because I can lay down an AoE chill to slow people down while still maintaining the range that I might need against a heavily offensive melee spec.

in Revenant

Heimdallr.7021

Think out of the box guys.. What about gap makers??? Right?

Like something is smashing your face… you’re crippled, chilled, immobilized… and you need to make some distance so you can keep distance so you can ranged hammer from a distance?

You guys really don’t wvw…

Except when i’m using hammer i want to use #3 and still remain at range, with your change i would never be able to use #3 without going melee. Think inside the box.

norn warrior

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

It’s been suggested before and it isn’t a good idea (not only for balance reasons, but for hammer usability). If you need a gap closer, use Phase Traversal instead.

in Revenant

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I’d redisign Phase Smash entirely to be an evade gap opener. Or maybe even better, I’d reduce damage across the board, but I’d also reduce cast times. Right now in sPvP if a thief, a mesmer or other strong melee burst classes catch you with a hammer and weapon swap on CD you’re pretty much a training dummy. That’s why all competitive players that play revenant/herald wield a staff instead.

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

Guys and gals,

Hammer has 4 out of 5 skills that hits 5 targets. Number 5 skill can already by placed on walls in wvw so that is covered.

Phase travel requires a target and limits you to ya know… Shiro…

And if you want to get into melee combat you need… Shiro…

You are not getting out of combat for a breather by using… Shiro…

Not everybody wants to run ya know… Shiro…

A change to hammer 3 would allow for much needed movement and positioning without… Shiro…

When there are a thousand red circles on the ground and you’re crippled, chilled and immobilized, using… Shiro… doesn’t save you. Go run wvw and mets events in HoT and pay attention to what the ground looks like.

This is a condition heavy game and conditions happen to be a Revenant weakness. Revenant needs a little something to get out of condition death traps and it’s not by using… Shiro…

Once again, not everybody wand to run… Shiro… and you’d be thankful to have a movement skill like that so you can use other builds besides… ya know… Shiro…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Make hammer 3 similar to thief sword 2. It leaps to target and for around 5 seconds has an option of teleporting you back to your start location. That way you can use it as a gap closer/running skill or still stay a ways away and use as dps.

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Do you wvw?

What’s the movement skill on Warrior’s LB/Rifle? Or Guardian’s Staff/Scepter?

Hammer #3 was never supposed to be a gap closer:

…feels way more physical to fit the style of the hamer. We don’t wanna just have another “throwing the hammer”, so we’re like, what’s a cool way to do this?

https://youtu.be/MfYvmHyqumA?t=790

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

I don’t either. But the point I think you might be missing is that anyone that does run…Shiro…will have access to hammer. They just put a cooldown on Phase Traversal because…Shiro…had too much mobility. The change you are suggesting would effectively reverse that adjustment, so it isn’t going to happen. Like it or not, the weapons have to be balanced around all legends, including…Shiro.

Sorry, just couldn’t help myself.

in Revenant

Posted by: atenthirtyone.3806

atenthirtyone.3806

Honestly, I am very happy with the Hammer overall. Rev needs tweaking but that’s on our underused legends like Centaur, Dwarf, and Demon, not our best weapon. Hammer 3 is amazing the way it is right now. With how strong Dragonhunters are right now, Hammer 3 is very good at defusing traps.

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

Do you wvw?

…feels way more physical to fit the style of the hamer. We don’t wanna just have another “throwing the hammer”, so we’re like, what’s a cool way to do this?

I don’t care what it was supposed to be, things can change.

I’m not talking about any other profession here or their weapons. I’m talking about the Revenant and hammer.

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

I don’t either. But the point I think you might be missing is that anyone that does run…Shiro…will have access to hammer. They just put a cooldown on Phase Traversal because…Shiro…had too much mobility. The change you are suggesting would effectively reverse that adjustment, so it isn’t going to happen. Like it or not, the weapons have to be balanced around all legends, including…Shiro.

Sorry, just couldn’t help myself.

You guys and gals act like powers and skills can’t be balanced then.

Phase travel requires a target, this hammer skill 3 would not. If it’s problematic then lower the range on Shiro phase travel to 900 and make the change to hammer…

Think out the box people.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Do you wvw?

I can’t help it… really??? You are comparing revenant with warrior? Who with just about every other weapon has a leap/rush (mixed with Warrior’s Sprint and Fast hands for even more escaping)…… not to mention you can mix and match skills (unlike rev where you can only take…. shiro) to use and there are rushes included…. warrior has access to soo many movement skills…. rampage,sword leap,gs 3/5, Sundering Leap, Bull’s Charge…… just some of them…. plus don’t forget Berserker Stance and Endure pain for no condi or damage while you run away….

Where on the other hand revenant has….. Shiro……

Sorry I just couldn’t help it… comparing the vast amount of movement abilities of warrior to revenant is just too funny…

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

Do you wvw?

I can’t help it… really??? You are comparing revenant with warrior? Who with just about every other weapon has a leap/rush (mixed with Warrior’s Sprint and Fast hands for even more escaping)…… not to mention you can mix and match skills (unlike rev where you can only take…. shiro) to use and there are rushes included…. warrior has access to soo many movement skills…. rampage,sword leap,gs 3/5, Sundering Leap, Bull’s Charge…… just some of them…. plus don’t forget Berserker Stance and Endure pain for no condi or damage while you run away….

Where on the other hand revenant has….. Shiro……

Sorry I just couldn’t help it… comparing the vast amount of movement abilities of warrior to revenant is just too funny…

Lol that’s what I wanted to say, just tired of over explaining things to people.

Some players just don’t get it at all really. They are farming in Orr thinking everything is so “zomgawesomesauce, I can launch 50 five target ranged aoe attacks and look at my bags filling up!!!” “Don’t change hammer so good for farming”…

Movement should not be just tied to a legend. It’s silly and limiting other builds unnecessarily.

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

Use an axe. Problem solved. Leave hammer alone.

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

Use an axe. Problem solved. Leave hammer alone.

Axe needs targets, it’s limited in range and doesn’t solve the problems I mentioned.

This game is more than just aoe farming my friend…

in Revenant

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

This. People need to stop with crazy suggestions. Revenant is not supposed to have everything. If you want a leap in WvW, go Mallyx.

Pumpkin – Mag

in Revenant

Black Box.9312

Do you wvw?

I’m not talking about any other profession here or their weapons. I’m talking about the Revenant and hammer.

And just like how you don’t care about what it’s supposed to be, the rest of us don’t care if you want a gap closer on a ranged weapon. We like the skill how it is, and would rather have it be left alone. If you want a gap closer, then use one of the options that are already available to you.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Theres already one kittened gap closer/open on a ranged weapon and its druid staff. Ranged weapons arent supposed to be mobile. +i like wasting guardian traps with this ability. If it was a simple leap it would..hurt.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

Do you wvw?

And just like how you don’t care about what it’s supposed to be, the rest of us don’t care if you want a gap closer on a ranged weapon. We like the skill how it is, and would rather have it be left alone. If you want a gap closer, then use one of the options that are already available to you.

You guys and your gap closers… My primary concern was gap makers… Sigh

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

Theres already one kittened gap closer/open on a ranged weapon and its druid staff. Ranged weapons arent supposed to be mobile. +i like wasting guardian traps with this ability. If it was a simple leap it would..hurt.

By that logic, hammers aren’t supposed to be ranged weapons… but, ya know, this is the “matrix” we are talking about.

These are silly arguments to any of my points.

You sound bitter about that ranger staff, but that is the perfect example of what that hammer 3 needs to be. Revs have weakness to conditions so this is a perfect way to balance it and give them some breathing room from red circles and condition bombs when needed.

Can’t believe some people complained about ranger pew pew longbow, but this weapon is hands down far more pew pew. This weapon needs a utility skill to maneuver around the battlefield and can survive with its other three farming skills for pve and zergs.

in Revenant

Black Box.9312

Do you wvw?

Don’t pick fights you can’t win and you won’t have to run away from them.

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

This weapon needs a utility skill to maneuver around the battlefield and can survive with its other three farming skills for pve and zergs.

No, you want one, which I appreciate. It needs no such thing.

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

Do you wvw?

This game is more than just pve pew pew sorry.

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

This weapon needs a utility skill to maneuver around the battlefield and can survive with its other three farming skills for pve and zergs.

Sure it does. It will happen and you’ll appreciate it

in Revenant

Heimdallr.7021

No one here seems to agree with you, maybe you should stop passing your opinions as facts.

norn warrior

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I can’t help it… really??? You are comparing revenant with warrior?

No, I’m comparing two heavy armor classes and their respective ranged weapons to Revenant, the third heavy armor class, and his respective ranged weapon.

And I also included a dev opinion on the matter, all you got is yours. Keep your unhelpful comments to yourself.

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

No one here seems to agree with you, maybe you should stop passing your opinions as facts.

Don’t be afraid of good changes. You’ll love em!

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

I can’t help it… really??? You are comparing revenant with warrior?

No, I’m comparing two heavy armor classes and their respective ranged weapons to Revenant, the third heavy armor class, and his respective ranged weapon.

And I also included a dev opinion on the matter, all you got is yours. Keep your unhelpful comments to yourself.

And it’s a silly comparison and doesn’t matter.

in Revenant

Black Box.9312

Do you wvw?

This game is more than just pve pew pew sorry.

Good one. Good thing you know exactly what parts of this game I play.

Oh wait… You don’t. Have a nice day.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Imo while hammer could use some tools to kite we have to rebember about 1 thing – hammer is allowed to be powerful just for the fact it actually doesnt have kite tools. A kiting tool has to come with damage nerf (loking at ruins) to keep it balanced. Thats something people missing. And honestly i cannot imagine playing hammer with longer cd on CoR. Let it be pve, wvw or pvp.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.