Sword 3 not an evade?

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I don’t know if I was hallucinating or something, but I though sword 3 was intended to be an evade?? Right now the person can just drop AOE on you or just auto attack and you are defenseless. Idk if others had this though, just sharing what I found.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: AlphaK.9486

AlphaK.9486

Sword 3 currently has no evade on it. Damage feels a little low so I believe evade during use would be justified, that or a damage increase to make timing it right rewarding.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: sunnypsyop.3025

sunnypsyop.3025

Thieves get the same thing in PW with a daze AND evade on top of it… oh, and better damage.

Why are we playing Sword Rev again…???

GF Left Me Cos Of Ladderboards [WTF]
:: |SPvP | Rev | Engi | ::

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Thats something we been complaining the moment we saw it on stream.. Yes it needs evade, just like hammer 3/staff 5. Rev remain squishy either way

obey me

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

evade would make sense on it given what the skill is trying to do as well as the fact you are frozen in place during it and can’t really evade while using the skill.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Recursivision.2367

Recursivision.2367

An evade for the full duration might be on the strong side, but it certainly needs something. Maybe evades between hits at least.

As it is, it’s extremely high risk with limits reward. One hilarious example I ran into in PvP earlier was using it on a guardian who had just popped purging flames. I dashed in and out of the circle stacking 20 something burns in about 1 1/2 seconds and died before the skill animation even completed.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

It should be an evade for the whole skill period. Animation lock with pathetic damage that will bounce between pets <.<.

The might is point-less especially since you can cancel jade winds over and over to build 20+ might with a single trait. It will also bait out dodges from people if they know what to dodge on a Rev.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Jade wind stow is a bug. It will be fixed as no way it will make it into the game. Already reported as a bug.

obey me

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Bloodyx.5946

Bloodyx.5946

Thieves get the same thing in PW with a daze AND evade on top of it… oh, and better damage.

Why are we playing Sword Rev again…???

lmao no, theives don’t get an evade

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

Revenant skills has no CD, its energy based so you can probably spam it atleast 3 times before you run out of energy, that’s probably too much evade.

ANET is definitely testing it internally and prolly know’s better then most of us here and there’s a reason it isn’t evade yet.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Revenant skills has no CD, its energy based so you can probably spam it atleast 3 times before you run out of energy, that’s probably too much evade.

ANET is definitely testing it internally and prolly know’s better then most of us here and there’s a reason it isn’t evade yet.

Umm… Unrelenting Assault has cooldown actually.

An evade for the full duration might be on the strong side, but it certainly needs something. Maybe evades between hits at least.

As it is, it’s extremely high risk with limits reward. One hilarious example I ran into in PvP earlier was using it on a guardian who had just popped purging flames. I dashed in and out of the circle stacking 20 something burns in about 1 1/2 seconds and died before the skill animation even completed.

Hahaha yeah this happened to me a couple of times as well. So dumb. That’s why I started ranging with hammer instead.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Well using dodge rolling with energy/energy on swaps and riposting shadows lets you dodge like 12 times from 100% resource. You could prolly go even higher with a Runeset that gives you endurance back as well. Thing is its not practical and you will likely never see this happen in actual play.

Also Revenant skills do have cool downs, they are not entirely energy based. They use both Resource and Energy @Pride so i don’t know what you were referring to.

P-whip is an evade stun and good damage

Warrior Gs is an evade mobility skill and good damage

Blurred Frenzy is an evade with good damage

Ranger GS auto attacks have an evade built into it while on the same weapon they have swoop a mobility double leap finisher evade skill.

I dont really see what the problem is why people would be against this to me it seems like they are either ill informed, or have not actually tried playing with this skill in pvp against good players.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

^ This. What’s the point of being able to isolate a player and burst them with Unrelenting Assault if they will just interrupt you or deal the same or more damage to you while you’re stuck in a long animation?

GOOD players that I fought today on my Revenant knew when to dodge my Unrelenting Assault. With just one dodge, you mitigate quite a bit of damage from it. So there’s really no reason not to give it evade frames.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

^ This. What’s the point of being able to isolate a player and burst them with Unrelenting Assault if they will just interrupt you or deal the same or more damage to you while you’re stuck in a long animation?

GOOD players that I fought today on my Revenant knew when to dodge my Unrelenting Assault. With just one dodge, you mitigate quite a bit of damage from it. So there’s really no reason not to give it evade frames.

Even in PvE, there’s nothing like engaging a veteran and having them instantly knock you down at the start of your RA completely cancelling everything. My jaw dropped when that happened and was about to report it as a bug until I looked at the tooltip and it didn’t have an evade…

This skill is by far the riskiest and least rewarding skill of sword Revenant now. I couldn’t imagine even trying this in PvP, and Shiro S/S is supposed to be the legend that could do this best (lore-wise).

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Sword #3 needs something this much is clear. Either it needs an evade for the period keeping the current cast time or (and this may be a better fix) remove the cast time on the ability and maybe have the ability cripple foes it hits for a short period? Right now it seems sluggish and unresponsive.

As everyone else has said, sword 3 just doesn’t really have a place right now. Its decent if you’re not being focused, targeted, have no condis, and just want to see a flashy ability go off. But it really lacks application within fights (I’m speaking from a small group wvw prospective 1-6 players). In 1v1’s its a deathwish more or less since the opponent just can tank it and dps you down during it. Larger fights the only benefit you really get is stacked might, since you can’t use it to only focus one opponent to pressure and at the end you’ll probably find yourself being out of position.

Changing sword #3 would help Revenant in the department it needs help in the most currently, its complete and utter lack of ability to trade blows with any spec and class currently.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I find it hilarious that the smokescale mobs in the new map seem to have an unrelenting assault like ability, only theirs has an evade. So trash mobs have a better version of the skill than us.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Valfaros.6908

Valfaros.6908

Lol really I saw them doing the skill but didn’t thought it’s different from the rev skill.
Jup an evade should really be added for those phase skills rightnow you are just going to kill yourself if the enemy knows what he has to do.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Aguasatori.7236

Aguasatori.7236

Unrelenting Assault definitely needs an evade. I’m sure most of us can agree on that. Shortening the time this attack takes to complete would also be immensely helpful.

Borlis Pass
[SBZY] Guild Leader

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: KingFarout.1092

KingFarout.1092

I was thinking about this, at first I though giving 3 an evade would make utility 1 a lot less of an important skill. However thinking about it a bit more, I came to the conclusion that’s two different issues. Revenants are already super squishy, having more then one skill to dodge combat is fine. And Utility 1 is overpriced as heck anyway.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Anet might be worried about the lack of counterplay that might occur if they add evasion to it. That being said, I agree it needs some sort of defensive mechanism.

If not full-on evade, then, at the very least, the skill should give you immunity to CC during its duration. Having your opponent interrupt mist is just weird.

I wouldn’t mind if the skill was ~5 energy costier for this.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

The might is point-less especially since you can cancel jade winds over and over to build 20+ might with a single trait. It will also bait out dodges from people if they know what to dodge on a Rev.

That’s a bug, thanks for pointing it out. It’ll be fixed for the next iteration of revenant.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

That’s a bug, thanks for pointing it out. It’ll be fixed for the next iteration of revenant.

Another bug is when you use Sword 3 if the target has a back to a wall it cancels and the animation stops because it won’t let you go to that location so it stops instead of putting you in the wall.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

sword 3 is generally pretty glitchy. I imagine devs know that, though

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

only fix the might please not the cancel, baiting dodges with skill canceling is not an abuse but was frequently used on hambow or ranger entangle aswell.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I really loved the way sword was designed, and even sw/sw setup, but I agree, #3 is it’s bane. The damage was incredibly low for how risky it is. Needs either some condi stacking, more damage, or an evade.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

As I said in another thread, if you wish to survive in its current iteration, you’ll have to pop the heal then push sword 3 if you wish to live. Even then, the low healing probably won’t save you. Necros have a super easy time just bombing their feet.

Maguuma Guardian

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zxavier Augistine.7312

Zxavier Augistine.7312

i find sword 3 to be really underpowered, i think the damage may need to be increased a bit, other than that i find that the class really lacks mobility skills such as leaps and some defensive options would be nice. other than that its a decent class. thats just my opinion though.

people are the reason we cant have nice things…
Guild Wars 2: waiting for content simulator.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

literally had someone ask me “how did you die?” when i used sword 3 at them from range, when they were trying to kill my teammate(i had low hp at the time too)

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Recursivision.2367

Pro tip: don’t use on greatsword warriors, necros, or burn guardians. Mileage may vary with other classes.

Best moment: using it on a greatsword warrior who was using whirlwind attack. Think I managed to get hit more than should normally be possible for a total of 12k damage.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

i find sword 3 to be really underpowered, i think the damage may need to be increased a bit, other than that i find that the class really lacks mobility skills such as leaps and some defensive options would be nice. other than that its a decent class. thats just my opinion though.

Sword #4 is your block and Phase Traversal is your gap closer. The elite is a powerful CC. You can weapon swap too meaning go to hammer for more CC and blocks.

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

I find it hilarious that the smokescale mobs in the new map seem to have an unrelenting assault like ability, only theirs has an evade. So trash mobs have a better version of the skill than us.

It’s identical-they also have an aoe ability that gives them evade while standing in it.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Dstroya.6705

Dstroya.6705

I think if they don’t add an evade to the skill, then its damage needs to be increased to close to Hundred Blades level. Especially since we cannot cancel/dodge out of it one we start it.

Players Killing Players [PVP] – Fort Aspenwood

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

The might stacking is a bug but the animation would be great if you left it in, there are countless other skills u can fakecast, thats just an extra fun mechanic

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

In PvP: It’s true that evade on sword 3 sounds crazy but revenant is just so easy to kill even outside using skill3 that it does need more defense. BTW in a team environment it teleports to clones and pets randomly too so a lot of dmg is wasted + even if it hits other players the damage is unfocused so its pretty useless to dmg every1 at the same time, that way none of them will eventually die.

Suggestion: Make it attack the target only and if target goes stealth or dies, only then go to a next target. +Add evade to it

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Why would it not be an evade? Mesmer blurred frenzy is, they both root you etc. Yea it also gap closes but still not justified since it’s a suicide button against anything.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

I think if they don’t add an evade to the skill, then its damage needs to be increased to close to Hundred Blades level. Especially since we cannot cancel/dodge out of it one we start it.

I Think the dmg should already be increased – at least in AoE Situations where we Jump to multiple targets. (A Cleave effect or sth like the AA with the exploding Rift could totally fit in to handle this)

but Sword #3 definitively needs an Evade – DMG doesnt help you against your foes actions. As you cant interrupt it you’re probably dead against a whirling Guard (PVP) or a exploding mushroom (PvE).

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

In PvP: It’s true that evade on sword 3 sounds crazy but revenant is just so easy to kill even outside using skill3 that it does need more defense. BTW in a team environment it teleports to clones and pets randomly too so a lot of dmg is wasted + even if it hits other players the damage is unfocused so its pretty useless to dmg every1 at the same time, that way none of them will eventually die.

Suggestion: Make it attack the target only and if target goes stealth or dies, only then go to a next target. +Add evade to it

I agree that it shouldn’t focus clones or pets. Though I can see why they want clones (they are suppose to trick you after all), but pets are just silly to attack this way. Given the randomness, the channeling, and inherent weaknesses to this giving the skill evade seems a fair trade. It makes sense thematically as well as mechanically.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

it needs at the very least a 2 target cleave, otherwise there’s just no reason to use it if you’re fighting more than one thing. any cleaving skill will outclass the damage, and since it removes control of your character without making you invuln, there are very very few times when using it is going to be advantageous

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

DiogoSilva.7089

What I think is best:

1. Either an evade to give this skill a defensive niche (like blurred frenzy);
  2. Or CC immunity and either more damage or cleaving to make this skill not useless when against 2+ targets.

I prefer my second suggestion, as it still retains some counterplay while not making it way too similar to blurred frenzy. Unlike BF, which is definitely a “third dodge” skill, I think players would rather have this cool-looking, epic sounding skill be more “offensive”. Thus why I prefer some CC immunity + extra damage/ cleave, instead of full on evasion.

And QoL changes:

1. Make both this skill and sword’s AA have their damage UI indicators stack, so instead of seeing 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000 damage on the screen, we get to see it as 4000 instead.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

What I think is best:

1. Either an evade to give this skill a defensive niche (like blurred frenzy);
  2. Or CC immunity and either more damage or cleaving to make this skill not useless when against 2+ targets.

I prefer my second suggestion

why? thats the last thing this skill needs – it needs damage protection and no CC protection.
The problem is that you die during the skill and not that you maybe Hammer#F1 out of it – this would just stun you and you’ll be able to counterplay the stun for your own.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Recursivision.2367

Adding a 100% evade to it for the full duration of it would make it pretty cheesy. It would pretty much become a low risk, high reward, use on CD skill thats extremely powerful both offensively and defensively.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Adding a 100% evade to it for the full duration of it would make it pretty cheesy. It would pretty much become a low risk, high reward, use on CD skill thats extremely powerful both offensively and defensively.

Wouldn’t be wildly different than Blurred Frenzy or Pistol Whip. While ours is mobile and theirs isn’t, it hits for far less dmg and we don’t have very good CCs to combo it with. In the end, the difference isn’t huge. Plus I’d take a 2 second CD added if it was at least usable… Right now, you can exploit someone in Sword 3 so easily, especially with AOE.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Recursivision.2367

Wouldn’t be wildly different than Blurred Frenzy or Pistol Whip. While ours is mobile and theirs isn’t, it hits for far less dmg and we don’t have very good CCs to combo it with. In the end, the difference isn’t huge. Plus I’d take a 2 second CD added if it was at least usable… Right now, you can exploit someone in Sword 3 so easily, especially with AOE.

I’m not 100 percent certain, but I’m pretty sure it does more damage than pistol whip. It definitely does more damage than blurred frenzy. Then also factor in the siphons from traits and shiro heal procs.

Blurred frenzy also requires the use of another skill to be of any use offensively in PvP (an immobilise or stun) in most situations.

Unrelenting assault will follow a player to the end of the earth and it can’t be fully negated anywhere near as easily as blurred frenzy or pistol whip.

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

DiogoSilva.7089

Besides, Unrelenting Assault has been advertised as an epic-looking and offensive skill. The general playerbase will probably want it to deal good damage, not to be balanced around defense.

I think CC immunity would be good because, even in PvE, you can get randomly interrupted out of it. Considering that you are transforming into mist, I think it would be flavorful – and needed, gameplay-wise, to get some sort of immunity, but I disagree that the skill should give full-on immunity and be balanced around defense.

So either damage immunity, or damage reduction, or CC immunity, or self stability, etc. To be honest, I think for an opposing player, it’ll make much more common sense throwing an AoE field on the zone and keep damaging the revenant while in mist, than interrupting something that fast and invisible. At least, it would probably be easier/ less clunky to pull-off, while still assuring that you get the damage you invested for without interruption.

But, say, a 50% damage reduction could be cool as well. It would still make you vulnerable, it would still be counterplayable (less with damage, but definitely with CC), but it wouldn’t be full-on suicide more neither.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

One thing – All those Sword #3 attacks should strike foes from side or in back, so it synergizes with Assasin’s Annihilation.

As a bonus, that trait should have same ICD, but per target, so Sword #3 could function not only as damage, but also defense move in TFs.

Besides, Unrelenting Assault has been advertised as an epic-looking and offensive skill. The general playerbase will probably want it to deal good damage, not to be balanced around defense.

“General playerbase” would only like it see profession made entirely out of damage modifiers and direct damage with a lot of mightstacking.

Then cry because mobs are too hard and can kill them.

I would not balance around that General playerbase.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

Sword 3 not an evade?

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

If it does more damage than those other skills it sure doesn’t always feel like it… Only time I had it feel really scary was with the heal up and the siphon trait, then uncoils get a decent spike. Felt kind of unreliable otherwise and really risky.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)