Sword Autoattack

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: MunkeeBreath.9165

MunkeeBreath.9165

Anyone else think the sword AA looks weird?

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

You’re not the only one who thinks the AA animations are weird. I think it’s because of the order in which they are performed: a swing, a thrust, and another swing. Usual AA sword animations have always been swing twice and then thrust.

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: sebradle.7034

sebradle.7034

You’re not the only one who thinks the AA animations are weird. I think it’s because of the order in which they are performed: a swing, a thrust, and another swing. Usual AA sword animations have always been swing twice and then thrust.

They should switch sword aa 2 and sword aa 3.

(edited by sebradle.7034)

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Anyone else think the sword AA looks weird?

Oh yeah, there were several posts about the animations feeling odd. I also feel like the effects need to be a bit more flashy, ie. the Mist swings, the explosion from AA3. Further, I didn’t like the thrust animation. I’d rather see a swing opening for AA1.

On Charr, the order was thrust, something that looks like a swing, and swing.

They should switch sword 2 and sword 3.

No, no, Sword 2 and Sword 3 look fine as they are. Unless your talking about Sword AA 2 and 3, even then, they don’t look much different from each other on a Charr.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

We all agree that sword aa is weird.. You start with thrust which is used as a execute attack..then you throw your “sword” (pummel bash animation slowed down) and last one is just a regular swing.. That order makes no sense, espesially for the fact middle of aa takes longer to cast than rest of the chain..

1/2, 3/4, 1/2 – lolwut?

obey me

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Hopefully Roy sees this

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

I’ll take a look at tweaking the sword AA animations to feel smoother.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

I hate to repeat myself but I’d like to make sure that someone also looks at the third skill in the staff auto attack for charrs, please. That looks really weird, basically unfinished.

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind more finesse sword AA animations. They seem and feel very rough as for an assasin’s weapon – it’s essentialy smack and thwack.

Wouldn’t mind similar animations to swordplay from Witcher 1 (Silver Fast especially!).

Video for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oYA7-6rARo

And as said above, a bit more love for Staff animations on Charr!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

This may be just my opinion, but I think that sword AA would be more interesting if it was a bit slower. No, no, I don’t meant to nerf it. It could be something like 15% slower but 15% stronger.

The reason why I think that, is because there’s too much going on with the AA (which is something I really love, btw), so it’s quite hard to read where each damage tick comes from. You have cleaves, projectiles and delayed bursts all in one. I think players would feel more personal satisfaction and reward with the skill if they had the time to understand and digest all that while they watch it unfold.

Think of an action movie where the action scenes are cut so fast that you can barely read and appreciate what is going on in the screen.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Thanks Roy! Entering with a stab is a little odd looking. Still like the class though lots

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

The reason why I think that, is because there’s too much going on with the AA (which is something I really love, btw), so it’s quite hard to read where each damage tick comes from. You have cleaves, projectiles and delayed bursts all in one. I think players would feel more personal satisfaction and reward with the skill if they had the time to understand and digest all that while they watch it unfold.

This is my main problem with it. Combine that with multiple lifesteal procs and you have roughly 4 to 6 numbers pop up per strike

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Wow… if only RANGER auto attack with sword got a response like this… Being rooted by auto attack is horrible…

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

I saw the thread title in the Dev Tracker and was so happy to see someone finally would do something about the AA only to find out it’s a respond to a revenant problem. Again.

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

Sword auto attack is dull so not appealing . Rest of skills feel great and look as good ..
Staff auto loved especially on asura ( this little maniacs always get best animations )

But sword AA is lackluster I wish it had a different animation like mesmer sword

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Thanks Roy!

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind more finesse sword AA animations. They seem and feel very rough as for an assasin’s weapon – it’s essentialy smack and thwack.

Wouldn’t mind similar animations to swordplay from Witcher 1 (Silver Fast especially!).

Video for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oYA7-6rARo

And as said above, a bit more love for Staff animations on Charr!

Yeah, at least with Sword 2 and Sword 3, you got some sweet finese there. At least it looks that way on a Charr. Great job there btw Roy!

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I saw the thread title in the Dev Tracker and was so happy to see someone finally would do something about the AA only to find out it’s a respond to a revenant problem. Again.

Same.

I was really happy for a moment there only to follow the link and be disappointed.

I’d prefer them to get existing classes finished before they try to add a new one…

Server: Devona’s Rest

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Same.

I was really happy for a moment there only to follow the link and be disappointed.

I’d prefer them to get existing classes finished before they try to add a new one…

Nice contribution to this thread? Hate to play forum police, but doesn’t this violate the posting policy?

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Same.

Nice contribution to this thread? Hate to play forum police, but doesn’t this violate the posting policy?

Nope. I stuck a related bit at the end so it was on topic.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Same.

Nope. I stuck a related bit at the end so it was on topic.

You’re on the Hype Train part of the forums…. Do not derail it or pay the consequences!

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I don’t really think those are an issue, however why didn’t you use the same animations for sword AA on Guardian/Warrior/Mesmer?

Skill effects, cleave and hits are good however. Hoping an eventual change would only affect the swing animation.

I swung a sword™
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZp1qHOBBgc

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: MunkeeBreath.9165

MunkeeBreath.9165

Thats it! I now DEMAND for the next revenant specialization to be ROY!!!!

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Legendary Dev Stance

Class mechanic: Forum understanding (each time a user gives a feedback Roy will activate a random Legendary Dev Stance skill without consuming energy)

Skill tipe: Shouts (but not loud).

Healing skill: “I’ve watched Wooden Potatoes” (lore understanding and Protection)
Utility skill #1: “Soon™” (aoe Super Speed 1 week later)
Utility skill #2: “When It’s Ready™” (aoe Quickness 2 weeks later)
Utility skill #3: “I’ll write a forum post after the show” (apply 25 stacks of Confusion for 1 day to a party member)
Elite skill: “CHOO CHOO” (summon an hype train with no brakes, giving infinite defiance bar)

Still weak on condi cleanse.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: Griffith.7238

Griffith.7238

Wow … just wow

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Elite skill may need some tweaks, but we don’t have the tech for brakes

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

It does look bad but at least on char it is servicable.

My biggest gripe is AA animation. On human it looks bad.

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

I don’t really think those are an issue, however why didn’t you use the same animations for sword AA on Guardian/Warrior/Mesmer?

Skill effects, cleave and hits are good however. Hoping an eventual change would only affect the swing animation.

I swung a sword™
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZp1qHOBBgc

I agree with this pal just copy mesmer animations re work tail animation into misty tails on swing make swing fater because mesmer is rather slow and would be great I think
I think mesmer has one of best sword animation in game plus quite beautiful…. wish I would see something similar on Rev..
Slash Slash with tail of mist and Stab with rift explosion

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

I think the sword auto-attacks are fine as they are with one exception. The 2nd attack that throws out a ranged blade which comes back flat out disappears the moment it hits a wall. This makes it very clunky and awkward to use in dungeons and such where you are often fighting in tight corridors and near walls. You can get around it by positioning yourself well but it’s still going to occasionally going to be problematic. I’m just worried about the giant zones filled with rubble, vines and rocks we will be fighting in soon…

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

^Thats why projectiles on auto are a bad idea. It would be 100x better if this blade wasnt returning back to it user at all as in many cases we will experience 50% damage loss on this skill. Anyone who played gs warrior knows how bad bladetrail is.

obey me

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

I personally object to projectile on melee attack. It serves no purpose, you are at the enemy anyways. Remember guardian’s sword AA? you get no apparent benefit but get reflected alot.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

You cant reflect revenant sword aa tho. It doesnt count as projectile. It also applies to sword 2 i believe. The olny thing you can reflect on revenant atm is hammer 1 and jalis taunt – its sooo bad.

obey me

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

The olny thing you can reflect on revenant atm is hammer 1 and jalis taunt – its sooo bad.

reflect […] jalis taunt

Really? Ahahahahahah. Oh it feels so bad to be Jalis right now.
Berserker is getting an 8s cd AOE taunt that probably can’t be even blocked and we have to spend 50 energy for that thing. Lol.
Of course I’m not asking for the same skill, every class is different, but really? 50 energy for a single target taunt that can be reflected?

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Yeaah.. Dont try to chase a warrior with shield stance up..Youll never know if they are trained for a reflect.. that thing should be unblockable with faster projectile speed (can be strafed right now) and last 3 seconds. Its terrible on long range, espesially considering it cost. Im really surprised it passes without any changes once again other than added sneaky 3sec cd from last beta. That and nerfed into obvilion road push me away from core rev to Glint as right now theres nothing better at all for power spec.

In case of war i doubt its a “8cd” ..but lets not bring up warrior in the discussion. Revenant is a complete different class and they shouldnt be compared by any means. What we can compare to jalis taunt is jade winds which outclasses it by miles.

Imho Jalis remains to be a bad legend. Too costly, too nerfed and reduced dmg on hammer doesnt make up for it. Rite still 50 energy cost, taunt also 50, and i would like to see block on his heal like shelter. Atm Glint is tankier and offers also much more in offense – even reveal..

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

The olny thing you can reflect on revenant atm is hammer 1 and jalis taunt – its sooo bad.

reflect […] jalis taunt

Really? Ahahahahahah. Oh it feels so bad to be Jalis right now.
Berserker is getting an 8s cd AOE taunt that probably can’t be even blocked and we have to spend 50 energy for that thing. Lol.
Of course I’m not asking for the same skill, every class is different, but really? 50 energy for a single target taunt that can be reflected?

Yes I had this happen to me in WvW once, I assure you, it is not fun.
For that energy cost that taunt should be unblockable to begin with

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

I’m not quite sure I am legendary enough.

Legendary Dev Stance

Class mechanic: Forum understanding (each time a user gives a feedback Roy will activate a random Legendary Dev Stance skill without consuming energy)

Healing skill: “I’ve watched Wooden Potatoes” (lore understanding and Protection)
Utility skill #3: “I’ll write a forum post after the show” (apply 25 stacks of Confusion for 1 day to a party member)
Elite skill: “CHOO CHOO” (summon an hype train with no brakes, giving infinite defiance bar)

ROFL. Amazing.

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Legendary Dev Stance

http://tooltips.thatshaman.com/
have fun :P

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Roy fix Locust Swarm also AA it wont work when enabled.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I’m not quite sure I am legendary enough.

Oh no, Sir. I assure you, you are….. You are.

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

I forgot that tool existed. I made some adjustments here and there http://imgur.com/a/QcNFF

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

I forgot that tool existed. I made some adjustments here and there http://imgur.com/a/QcNFF

Amazing. I’ll get right on making that legend. Sounds like it might be a little OP though.

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Amazing. I’ll get right on making that legend. Sounds like it might be a little OP though.

It seems balanced to me!
Forum Understanding + “I’ll write a forum post after the show” can wipe your team and almost every skill is triggered 1 week later or 2.

But well, there is the elite ahah. We can move in that defiance bar.

Sword Autoattack

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Breaks stuns? More like stuns brakes.