Swords damage.....

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

After playing around for a while I feel the hammer destroys the swords dps.

Hammer has skill 1, 2, 3, and 5 dealing great damage.

Sword 1 seems to do “ok” damage in my opinion. 3 is good for single target, 2 4 and 5 don’t really do any damage.

I think because of this sword aa should get some form of buff. Was taking me a kinda long time to kill things

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Honestly, I think sword AA is strong enough already, and I’m afraid that this weapon might turn into a “spam AA all day” kind of thing. I’d rather have Anet enhance sword #2 to be more useful overall.

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: Jubex.2378

Jubex.2378

I agree with Sylent. Despite the Sword’s (aa)damage is meant to build up over time (applying vulnerability) it is still a little low for “the” dps weapon of the revenant.

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: Dinsy.2491

Dinsy.2491

As a side note i don’t think 5 is meant to do much damage, it’s more of a setup to allow you to get more out of 3 by landing all the hits on one target. 5 could benefit from applying some vuln before pulling to further setup the spike though.

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Offhand 5 is incredibly underwhelming. It could at least apply some sort of useful condition like vuln or weakness or something.

The sword main hand needs tweaking. Since they bumped up the damage of the other weapons (which is a good thing! really!) it feels meh. I think it could use a smallish buff.

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

I agree. While the sword main hand is fun, the hammer dps is much higher than the sword even with specing for the duel option, the hammer destroys the sword dps wise.

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: Valfaros.6908

Valfaros.6908

Sword 5 seem to just not work properly.
In 2 of 5 cases it does what it says
In 2 of 5 cases it does nothing
And in 1 of 5 cases it does dmg jumps back and thats it

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

I agree. While the sword main hand is fun, the hammer dps is much higher than the sword even with specing for the duel option, the hammer destroys the sword dps wise.

Oh yea it was fun. But to actually kill things I had to switch to a hammer =/

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: ShadowLordX.5148

ShadowLordX.5148

I think you’re having a case of big #s = big dps, but every dps test i’ve done indicate hammer’s dps, while looking big, is actually fairly average. Sword on the other hand seems to do respectable damage, but individual hits are small, on the whole damage is high.

All Classes 80; Kylar, Verushk, Thorgar,
Valar, Lyala, Laya, Leyela, Cattee
Coldsnap [IX], Blackgate

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: Sonickeyblade.8415

Sonickeyblade.8415

I am glad I clicked this thread. I was wondering what was the point of Sword Offhand 5 as a skill. It’s meant to chain with 3 so that makes sense.

But if anything, I need Sword 2 needs a buff in damage. That or the applied chilled effect needs to be buffed.

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Sword 2 sux, sword 3 needs evade frames (as do hammer 3, staff 5) – theres nothing to discuss about it, they really do need it (well maybe except staff but after all we still goes to mist form right?). Camera also should follow our toon during sword 3. Sword 4 “riposte” could give us more time to use it – 10 seconds.

Here are damage tooltips for all swords, staff and hammer and legends. Stats in vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89owRBJpkls

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

Sword 2 sux, sword 3 needs evade frames (as do hammer 3, staff 5) – theres nothing to discuss about it, they really do need it (well maybe except staff but after all we still goes to mist form right?). Camera also should follow our toon during sword 3. Sword 4 “riposte” could give us more time to use it – 10 seconds.

Here are damage tooltips for all swords, staff and hammer and legends. Stats in vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89owRBJpkls

Yes I noticed the dodge needed as well very badly for sword 3 and hammer 3. I got wrecked a couple times while in animation not where my character was because missing dodge

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: Sonickeyblade.8415

Sonickeyblade.8415

I will concur that Sword 3 needs dodge or something. I thought it had it already until I went back for another play of Revenant.

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Definitely agree. Sword attack speed should be either 1/4 second or damage numbers improved. The hammer was very well adjusted. The damage output along with the DPS feels 10 times better and right on par with what it should have been. If you take the trait, Rapid Lacerations, that is what Shiro should feel like at its base which would be a 10% increase of its current speed. It also feels like if you want real DPS with at least one sword, you’ll want to go Sword/Axe with a Shiro/Mallyx setup.

The thing I’m noticing more and more is that its not about the legend you take but the weapons you choose. It would be nice to see Legend’s utilities and even weapon skills reflect that. Right now, they aren’t bad, but they could definitely be better. I think Ventari is doing the best of what I’m trying to explain.

Maguuma Guardian

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

I don’t want 5 to be TOO good, i don’t want every revenant and their brother spamming that and sending enemies all over the battleground.

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Yup, rapid lacerations should be baseline. We shouldn’t need to trait it. Shiro is supposed to be a fast attacking spec.

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

Yup, rapid lacerations should be baseline. We shouldn’t need to trait it. Shiro is supposed to be a fast attacking spec.

Yes that would help a lot. Or at least buff attack speed a little and keep trait. I feel kinda slow and clunky with sword. It is fun though minus the animation.

Using axe offhand now to. Little better but no block sadly

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

I also ended up using sword/axe in Assassin stance and mace/sword in Dwarf.
Axe 4 feels very “shiro” and also is a nice gap closer from far away though you end up a one step away from your target when the animation ends.

Anyway it would be nice, if the weapon sets would be tight to stances , so that you could for example have hammer as a ranged weapon on both Assassin and Dwarf,
but sword/axe in Assassin and mace/sword in Dwarf stance.

Though this would require either an UI change for the Hero panel or actually messing around with the inventory when switching stances …

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: makagoto.1204

makagoto.1204

I like the shiro way of swinging 2 swords but because staff is greater than swords there is no point to it. Those swords definitely need a buff.

Swords damage.....

in Revenant

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

Honestly, I think sword AA is strong enough already, and I’m afraid that this weapon might turn into a “spam AA all day” kind of thing. I’d rather have Anet enhance sword #2 to be more useful overall.

The sword AA is already the highest DPS attack on the bar. For maximum damage, you’d just keep mashing 1 if you don’t need the might from #3.