THEY TALK?!?!?!

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: MunkeeBreath.9165

MunkeeBreath.9165

So I was in game right after I updated my client and as I switched to Jalis to see the changes about 10 minuets after idoly looking at the traits Jalis started talking to my character!!!!! Is this new or am I just unfortunate enough to not have heard them speak? The dialogue is in the picture attached. Please let me know as I am currently freaking out about this!!!!

Attachments:

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

No, they talk now. Interesting little addition.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

No, they talk now. Interesting little addition.

This was actually promised before the profession released, here we are getting it 2 years after HoT

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

Unsurprising, but I can live with something like this being late, unlike how late some of the many bug fixes were.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Ebax.1320

Ebax.1320

So far, the only examples I can see are on humans. This looks to be a human only change so far unless you’re on a sylvari or norn.

Thirty minutes of running around on my asura and I haven’t heard a peep from them.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

CutesySylveon.8290

So far, the only examples I can see are on humans. This looks to be a human only change so far unless you’re on a sylvari or norn.

Thirty minutes of running around on my asura and I haven’t heard a peep from them.

My main rev is an asura. They speak for them, female asura at least.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Blue.1207

Blue.1207

My main rev is an asura. They speak for them, female asura at least.

Male Asura here, Glint spoke to me. Was a tad jarring, but a nice addition.

[Maguuma] Since BETA – Just Bri
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

They finally added that function that they talked about when Rev was first revealed?

I thought it was something that’d never happen. I need to go play my Revenant now, because I always thought it was a cool concept and made a lot of lore flavor sense

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Faight.9308

Faight.9308

Human Revenant. And I’ve tried out one of each to see them all. Here is what I have from each right now.

Shiro: The Emperor feared my power. Do you?

Char: Is that supposed to scare me?

And another.

Shiro: What has become of the empire in my absence?

Char: Speaks about the Empire being closed off since I cannot remember everything specifically.

Now Jalis.

Jalis: Age is not a problem for dwarves. Erosion however…

Char: So you get smoother instead of wrinkling?

One more.

Jalis: You fight like a natural born dwarf!

Char: I learned from the best.

And onto Ventari, who is one of my favorites.

Ventari: I remember the simply joys of galloping through an open field.

Char: I’ll have to take you to Shaemoor Fields sometime.

And onto Mallyx

Mallyx: The hounds of Death and Despair will hunt you down!

Char: Your threats do not scare me.

Now Glint.

Glint: Everything is going just as I predicted it.

Char: Unfortunately, the world is still a dangerous place.

And that’s all of them for now. I hope we can get an official list on the Wiki or something.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Really amazing feature, but might get annoying after awhile. Would be nice if it played only once every 24 hours while idle, or something. It’s a tiny easter egg, not a necessary requirement of the profession. People who main Revenant would be hearing it a lot, anyway.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Faight.9308

Faight.9308

Really amazing feature, but might get annoying after awhile. Would be nice if it played only once every 24 hours while idle, or something. It’s a tiny easter egg, not a necessary requirement of the profession. People who main Revenant would be hearing it a lot, anyway.

Oh hardly. It’s very rare. You won’t get annoyed, it’s like once every 15 to 20 minutes.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

You won’t get annoyed, it’s like once every 15 to 20 minutes.

Which is annoying. It happens too frequently in my few hours since the update.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

You won’t get annoyed, it’s like once every 15 to 20 minutes.

Which is annoying. It happens too frequently in my few hours since the update.

They’ve got a handy new selective mute feature for legendary weapons. If anything, I’d rather they just apply that here as well. 24 hours sounds absolutely absurd to me, may as well not be there at all with that rarely happening. I welcome it happening every 20 minutes, but obviously different strokes and all that.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: LimeSamurai.9140

LimeSamurai.9140

In all honesty yea, with the amount of chatter in game and loud noises when out and about, is eventually fade with the rest.

Tudes

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: MunkeeBreath.9165

MunkeeBreath.9165

Got another one! Ventari: Is it true that my words have inspired an entire race?
Human: It is. Sylvari society is built on your teachings.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Oh they brought back the talking? They used to talk in the HoT beta. Then they nerfed it for some reason. Idk why because it’s not like they talked a lot. I was sad when they stopped. It was one of the things they promised afterall. A little thing to add flavor to the class. Do they talk out-loud like they used to or is it only in text?

edit: nvm, it seems they talk outloud. But they say more stuff compared to before. Thought they didn’t say the previous dialogue, but they do that too.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

You have no idea how excited seeing this thread has made me!

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I like that there is back and forth dialogue now. Before they just said some phrases when you switched to their legend or during a fight, but your character never actually talked to them.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

It looks like the responses change based on race and I’m very happy they do. I play a female Charr Revenant and got these different responses.

Glint: “Everything has unfolded as I knew it would.”
Character: “You keep me alive, I’ll keep making a difference.”

Ventari: “Sometimes I miss the simple joy of galloping across an open field.”
Character: “Just as long as we’re galloping toward the enemy.”

Shiro: “The emperor feared my great power-do you?”
Character: “You’re so easy to ignore.”

I got a few new ones too.

Mallyx: “I shall consume you from within.”
Character: “Only if I’m already dead.”

Mallyx: “You can’t hold me forever.”
Character: “But I can hold you as long as I need to.”

Mallyx: “Demons of Torment will hound you to death and beyond.”
Character: “Enough of your threats. I’m not impressed.”

Shiro: “What has become of my empire in my absence?”
Character: “They say Cantha expelled all nonhumans and closed its borders long ago. After Orr rose, it was isolated further.”

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

(edited by Dipdoo.4861)

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Gomes.5643

Gomes.5643

YES! YES! YES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is exactly the kind of fluff I imagined the Rev had since its launch…… I was really disappointed that all they were talking where catchphrases when using a heal skill or elite or so.

Does the chatter come randomly or do you have to do something for it? Like applying a buff or killing a enemy?

That it is Racespecific is the non-plus-ultra…… hopefully Anet will go more into that direction …….

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Celldrax.2849

Celldrax.2849

Nice little feature.

Only one I’ve personally seen so far is Glint on my Charr Rev, though they’ve all been the same.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

OK surprised the heck out of me when glint suddenly started talking to me. Been main rev for at least half of HOT and was wondering how I’d never seen that. Good to know it was a recent patch. Considering for the last week I’ve not had time to do much more than login for daily’s I’m not surprised it took a week for one of them to speak up. didn’t play much of the preview due to working last weekend.

Cool bit of flavor and I hope they add more over time.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Got two conversations with Kalla on Male Charr:

Kalla: You strike me as someone who never gives up. I like that.
Rev: You never know when history will be watching.

Kalla: I understand you brought soldiers from all nations together to fight the dragons.
Rev: It’s true. Defeating a dragon took the strength of all five races.

THEY TALK?!?!?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

There was a line that’s specific to female charr as well.

‘Do me proud, sister!’
‘You restored our right to fight for ourselves. I will honor your sacrifice!’

Thematically this is looking like quite an interesting class (and specialization) now. There’s a lot to fix in gameplay though, particularly the abysmal sustainability. You could leave the heal slot empty and you’d barely notice the difference.