Tank CC Revenant for Raids

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/No-more-full-zerker-meta/first

So what will be our CC-HighSurvivability (+power/condi?) build?

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

1: Power Tank

Hammer and Sword/Shield

Jalis/Glint

Retribution
Invocation
Herald

Soldier/Valkyrie/Knight/Sentinel/Celestial

CC comes from:
- Chain
- Chaotic Release
- Hammer knockdown

Tankiness comes from:
- Hammer evade
- Sword evade
- Both shield skills
- Stability dodge from retribution
- Extra stability from herald
- Toughness from herald
- Incoming damage modifiers from retribution
- Stunbreaks from RotGD, legend swap, gaze of darkness
- RotGD
- Your two healing skills (obviously)
- Vengeful hammers
- Healing traits (like steadfast rejuvenation and invigorating flow)
- Facet of chaos
- Field of the mists (block + leeching with hammer auto)
- Stability from road

That’s more or less what the tank build will be. Glint might be able to be replaced with Ventari and Invocation could be replaced with Salvation. Staff could replace either weapon set and give you a block, heal, condi cleanse, evade, daze and healing orbs.

I’m not sure how a condi tank would work exactly. Mallyx seems like a very offensive legend but I’ll give it a go.

2: Condi Tank

Mace/Axe and Sword/Shield

Mallyx/Jalis

Corruption
Retribution
Herald

Dire/Rabid (only with invocation)/Celestial/Settler

CC comes from:
- Chain
- Temporal rift
- Unyielding anguish

Tankiness comes from:
- Sword evade
- Both shield skills
- Stability dodge from retribution
- Extra stability from herald
- Toughness from herald (You still have vengeful hammers and embrace the darkness for upkeep skills)
- Incoming damage modifiers from retribution
- Stunbreaks from RotGD
- RotGD
- Your two healing skills (obviously)
- Vengeful hammers
- Healing traits (like steadfast rejuvenation)
- Stability from road

Unfortunately, I just don’t see how this one would work. The way I see it, with conditions on revenant, you have to invest everything you have in offence. I mean look at what I wrote. It’s nonsense.
You could also go with Shiro but you’d just be replacing a taunt for a stun and a 40 energy stunbreak for 30 energy stunbreak while Shiro has a lot less defence overall.
You could also go with Glint and try to play tanky with facet of nature, light and chaos but it’d just work way better for dps than for tanking.
One more option is just using a mace/shield as the second weapon set for the first build just for that very little of condi + the fire field (for might stacking if you have no ele or berserker). Ultimately though, the sword is just better for CC and survivability.

in Revenant

Posted by: Enrif.7359

Enrif.7359

Staff will be THE tank weapon for Rev

Staff 1
healing, regen&swiftness (if traited) and whirl finisher

Staff 2
got better, now has a daze

Staff 3
blocks ANY attacks and blinds

Staff 4
heal, condi cleanse and blast finisher

Staff 5
this is a beast for defiant bars, biting of HUGE chunks

(edited by Enrif.7359)

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Shield has basically a 4s invuln for pve and 4k heal, and sword has a 3s dodge. I’m not sure that staff is better.

I personally like the idea of glint being able to swap from dps mode to tank mode. Also another invuln on healing

in Revenant

Enrif.7359

may depends on the traits you use. if you use staff you want the staff trait for regen and swiftness, so you take salvation which also brings:

Minor Adept – Disarming Riposte
Striking a foe while they are using a skill blinds them.

Minor Master – Hardened Foundation
Gain toughness based on a percentage of your healing power.

Major Adept – Blinding Truths
Blind nearby foes when you use a healing skill.

Major Master – Tranquil Benediction
The healing orbs that you create while wielding a staff will now grant swiftness and regeneration when picked up by allies.

Major Grandmaster – Momentary Pacification
Daze nearby foes when using an elite skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

1 very dumb qustion are we even sure that the raids are going to work like raids in other games where tanks are a must and healers to or will it be more a matter of countering abilities and kiteing/swapping focus of the boss all the time or how is it going to be?

meaning depending on how the raids are the so called tank could be a overextantion of what is needed and be countering your needs(just saying as im not sure what type of raid it is going to be)

so it could very well be smarter to focus on both on bunkering down and being able to deal a good deal of support/damage with the swap of the legend at least that possibility needs to be left open, if not then we are gimping our own possibility.

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Revenant

Enrif.7359

we actually don’t know. but i guess more of the second then traditional trinity raiding.

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Way too early to be trying to figure out this stuff the class isn’t even officially “completed”

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

It’s never too early for theorycraft

in Revenant

Enrif.7359

ha, thats what i thought in silence

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Practice>Theory you don’t even know if you’ll need tanks and what not until we have more info. For all anyone knows you could beat these raid fights in zerker still if you can dodge hence a waste of time. You made a raid topic with information that seems to have been pulled out of no where.

We also don’t know if we’ll get new stat combos in HoT i personally expect we would which also opens up options. Hence too early to Theory anything still.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

It is when we don’t even know what situations we’ll be pushed into in the raids.

We don’t know whether the encounters are lax enough to warrant everyone camping in zerker armor and go full glass cannon or if certain players/builds will need to build more defensively to accomodate certain phases of said fights.

We don’t know if certain players will need to build for a more control oriented playstyle, mesmers focusing on dazes and stuns more-so than damage for example.

Nor do we know if healing roles (E.G Water ele, staff/ventari Revenant) will be highly sought after.

For all we know, nomad could become the meta for raids.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I think it’s reasonable to allow for intuitive speculation. Obviously the more information we have, the more accurate we’ll be in our guesses but so what? They say it’s going to be hard and we might need some defence so let’s just explore some of the current options.

To me, all the last two posts said are: “Never think. Never use your intuition or your brain. Just accept what there is and what there isn’t until we’re told what the new conditions and parameters are.”

in Revenant

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

I think it’s reasonable to allow for intuitive speculation. Obviously the more information we have, the more accurate we’ll be in our guesses but so what? They say it’s going to be hard and we might need some defence so let’s just explore some of the current options.

To me, all the last two posts said are: “Never think. Never use your intuition or your brain. Just accept what there is and what there isn’t until we’re told what the new conditions and parameters are.”

But they are right, we have no idea what the challenging content involves. However, Arena-Net has a track record of the meta going completely lopsided to their intentions. So I think it is safe to assume that regardless of what A-Net has planned for the content, it is not going to be done as intended by most of the players.

Chances are we will still have the berserker meta, but invest slightly more into defenses and CC now instead of completely pure damage.

Playable Tengu please!

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

https://twitter.com/RoyCronacher/status/637781113126023168
Here our boy is talking about “roles”
We can start theorycrafting about tank, healer, dps and so son. Of course more specific roles (like tank+cc) are a bit different, but just a bit.

Are we really discussing the implications of theorycrafting? Live and let live guys.

in Revenant

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

https://twitter.com/RoyCronacher/status/637781113126023168
Here our boy is talking about “roles”
We can start theorycrafting about tank, healer, dps and so son. Of course more specific roles (like tank+cc) are a bit different, but just a bit.

Are we really discussing the implications of theorycrafting? Live and let live guys.

It is difficult to theory craft something we know nothing about. We don’t know the boss mechanics, how the mob’s ai will work, how effective CC and non-damage support will be. For example, staff five for revenant may be needed to separate mob groups, or it might just hinder the group like it would do now. Remember at the beginning, the idea was to have groups of five with some being the damage dealer, other being support, and another with CC, but that never turned out as intended, and I do not believe it will start here.

Playable Tengu please!