Tanky revenant build?

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I kinda like to play heavy class where they can take hits, is there a build for revenant that’s tanky and can do supportive roles such as healing or contest points?

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Of course go Jalis/Ventari, but in all honesty we don’t have very much condition cleanse, and conditions are the flavor of the year. Remember heavy armor is useless against condis.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kirk.3086

Kirk.3086

Herald + ventari (May try herald + dwarf, but not any healing).
But, under any focus you 100% die.
Or will play into interesting game “run away from necr/warrior/thief/ranger/guardian/mesmer”…

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Kirk.3086

Of course go Jalis/Ventari, but in all honesty we don’t have very much condition cleanse, and conditions are the flavor of the year. Remember heavy armor is useless against condis.

Dwarf has only one healing. Herald has 3, and at 2 of them you doesn’t get any dmg.
Dwarf has 0 survivability (just wasting foe time).

And one more: ventari is a ranger healer, don’t try to get close to the fight.

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Well Jalis is supposed to be the tank here but it’s not. If you want something to tank go Herald with shield but there was a nerf today so you will have less sustain that before.

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

DrDivine.5378

So it’s better to just go offensive?

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

DresdenAllblack.1249

Its considered the tank because it has tanky qualities:
Stability. Taunt. Elite=50% less damage.

It needs a bump though.

Crystal Desert

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Well the thing is that you don’t have really defensive tools. Jalis is supposed to be the tank but it’s a shadow compared to glint who has the best heal in game, and sustain with shield 4 heal and protection and shield 5 block. So just take Herald with Shiro and take retribution trait line and invocation (those 2 have defensive traits). It’s the best you can do for now, waiting for a true tank legend.

PS: Jalis has acces to stability and retaliation but in very little number, near invisible. Retribution traitline is, in fact more effective than the legend itself for now.

If you really want tanky plate go guardian. Revenant are not going to be at the same defensive level than guardian never.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

DresdenAllblack.1249

Yes Dr, yes.

The game is adding build diversity slowly but surely but still damage wins.

Crystal Desert

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

DrDivine.5378

Yes Dr, yes.

The game is adding build diversity slowly but surely but still damage wins.

I’ve always mained mesmer and warrior, and I want to like warrior but I don’t feel like it’s as good as it used to be. I miss playing a heavy sometimes, it’s just weird that all the light classes are tanky and all the heavies are more damage xD

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

There are options. With recent addition of Versed in Stone trait to Retribution, traited Jalis’ Elite became powerful teamfight tool imho.

Yesterday I was playing this build both on stream (there should be VoD of that) and outside of it and it performed very decently. With good rotations, it’s extremaly hard to take down, being able to withstand 3v1, 4v1 for good time and permanently stall or win vast majority of 1v1s and 2v1s I encountered.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW8unXN2gSqJvQRBlbosfyPU4Q5IKYr8EllZlhNma2RNgEawO6r7G-TZBGwAJeAAv2fQaZAAHBgDXEAA

This is of course not Druid level (although it should survive sudden burst better), but I assume that Druid will be nerfed in close future.

It also deals very decent damage for a bunker and brings utility. Worth trying out.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Dwarf is the tank legend. With Hammer or Staff and Forced Engagement, you can lock down Defiance Bars better than any other class in the game.

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Garimeth.8725

Garimeth.8725

TBH I haven’t even unlocked herald yet, and my jallis/shiro sword/axe build is more survivable than my guardian, while dealing more damage, wearing full zerkers compared to my guard’s 33% valk set.

UA let’s me have a channeled evade that chases my target and let’s me keep dps’ing. Axe 5 let’s me bunch up enemies and mess up break bars, 4 can be used as an evade if used properly. I’ll probably swap to herald when i unlock it since its utility is tough to pass up, but the problem is not Jallis being weak. I actually prefer Jallis to Shiro tbh, but on demand quickness and superspeed is too good to give up. The Jallis toggle pairs quite nicely with unrelenting assault as well. And the dwarf elite? SO GOOD.

But, at the end of the day, getting rid of IO is just not an option, its just THAT good. Here is what I am running atm:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXinvNWNS6JrJRZlBlsryfSYV5QJYscrkFNFhd852q12FsdQgGA-TRBPwAgWfUmBYDgQKN6q+zLlgBAOA88zP/8zP31/+8vP/bpAiYYF-e

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Kirk.3086

Good chrono much better, like a good druid, like a good scraper, like a good guard, like a good reaper, like a good dragon hunter…
May anyone play withour shiro? It’s so interesting all time run at shiro, changing stance only for ult + healing and swap back.
Just want to see how you kill any reaper/mesmer at there, prefering dwarf=)

(edited by Kirk.3086)

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Garimeth.8725

Garimeth.8725

TBH, I think dwarf has a better chance on mes than shiro. My hammers would kill their clones and also heal me. That said I run herald in pvp, I was talking about pve, hence my comment about not having it unlocked fully yet.

In pvp tbh I’d rather play my guardian.

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

This is my tanky wvw build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAsX8unXNuNSqJ7JRBlZlsfyrS4QZVJYrcsklZlhNma2RNgDewe6q/G-TFiEABCpM7hTCApKBXR9HqUaAgZODeCAks/AA-w

I don’t have time to do a write up but in short the goal is to keep your stability up when you are fighting as there is no point having high health/defence if you get cc. my runes and sigils are still being tested

basically you get stability every time you roll, you need endurance to roll you can get endurance from shrio’s riposting shadow and skill tree vigorous persistance and enduring recovery. with facet of nature active you can get 8 seconds of stabilty with one roll, (warning FON has an up keep of 2 the max up keep you can have is10, that means you cant use impossible odds so if you want to run away from combat make sure to deactivate FON)

I use shield for the extra 2 heals, because they nerfed phase travle i use an axe to close the gap with axe 4, but axe 5 is a good cc skill.

the rest is self explanatory

(edited by hypehype.9047)

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sarlan.7682

Sarlan.7682

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAsX8unXNuNSqJ7JRBlZlsfyrS4QZVJYrcsklZlhNma2RNgDewe6q/G-TFiEABCpM7hTCApKBXR9HqUaAgZODeCAks/AA-w

I don’t have time to do a write up but in short the goal is to keep your stability up when you are fighting as there is no point having high health/defence if you get cc. my runes and sigils are still being tested

basically you get stability every time you roll, you need endurance to roll you can get endurance from shrio’s riposting shadow and skill tree vigorous persistance and enduring recovery. with facet of nature active you can get 8 seconds of stabilty with one roll, (warning FON has an up keep of 2 the max up keep you can have is10, that means you cant use impossible odds so if you want to run away from combat make sure to deactivate FON)

I use shield for the extra 2 heals, because they nerfed phase travle i use an axe to close the gap with axe 4, but axe 5 is a good cc skill.

maybe you should try the runes of the defender…. they give you practically a 3rd healing skill with your shield 5 or improve shiro/dwarf heal by 4k

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

I find tanking/staying power in melee in shiro stance the easiest. Dodge Dodge RS Dodge RS Dodge Dodge :P Sword 3 evade, Sword 4 block, Hammer 3 evade XD

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

compared to glint who has the best heal in game

Lol ok. Maybe if you’re facing someone who bought the game yesterday.

Ever wondered why warriors still use heal sig?

(edited by Laraley.7695)

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

I had given up on the stability on dodge stuff so far, but planning on keeping Facet of Nature up fulltime and using them is pretty clever. Time to work on the build.

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Jalis is incredibly tanky. His 9 ability heals, his 6 ability heals, with shield your 4 and 5 can heal, plus your ult. Then swap to Herald for the buffs and such. While I’m working on herald, I’ve been running Mallyx/Jalis and love it in WvW.

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

Jalis would be perfect for tanking in WvW if Vengeful Hammers didn’t bizarrely turn off when you’re near an incline & they hit the ground.

You’ve also got three separate traits that offer 10% damage reduction, so once the hammers work properly you’d often have 20-50% DR, and that’s before taking Protection into account.

Tanky revenant build?

in Revenant

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

People overlook the fact that Ventari can spam skill 6 for:

• A small heal
  • AoE Blind (salvation trait)
  • AoE Protection (herald trait)
  • An extra heal fragment (salvation trait)

If you choose Momentary Pacification, Ventari’s elite is AoE knockback around it, AoE daze around you, and a decent heal if you are mobile enough to pick up the fragments.