The UA change

The UA change

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Longer cd with extra 2 seconds so 12 total now.

I’d prefer a 10% damage reduction much more.

Why? With sword I never use 2, with shield 4 and 5 are both situational and don’t always need used off cooldown. UA was really our only skill with the weapon skills worth using off cd. We are just auto attackers really

The UA change

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

It’s only…. two seconds…
You want it to do practically nothing when you hit the key during a team fight for it being a 10s CD or wut?

I used sword 2 a lot but after finding out it was a bit buggy with its range I only used it after finishing a UA to be stuck to the target and not letting them escape. As for shield 4/5 them combined pretty much give you a third heal.

UA being used every 10 seconds kind of carried bad revenants to new places and wasn’t really a fun deal. This way you actually have to think when you want to use it instead of just hitting it whenever.

Also sword auto hits pretty kitten hard.

The UA change

in Revenant

Posted by: zebbers.6139

zebbers.6139

don’t think 2 seconds will change us into ‘auto attackers’. it was pretty insane to be able to evade for that long, do that much damage and then only have to wait 10 seconds.

The UA change

in Revenant

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

It’s honestly a fine change. It allows you some breathing room with energy management. I would often find myself unable to use it on cooldown anyway because of energy issues. With Glint/Shiro in a Marauder amulet, you absolutely use all of your energy to keep alive in the fight. It’s a nice challenge to manage energy costs for offense vs defense.

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

The UA change

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

It was a little needed nerf.. UA is very good and it had to be toned a bit down

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

The UA change

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Why? With sword I never use 2, with shield 4 and 5 are both situational and don’t always need used off cooldown. UA was really our only skill with the weapon skills worth using off cd. We are just auto attackers really

2s more on cd is better then 10% reduction. The skill is already weaker then AA, so it has to be worth the energy.

Adding cd is a smart move because it doesn’t lower too much your sustained dps, but you can dodge less frequently

The UA change

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Brace yourselves, Alacrity is coming \o/

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

The UA change

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I agree. Now what weapon will i use on my herald in pvp?

Sword 3 was the only useful skill on that mainhand… i want a new main hand power weapon if this is the direction they going in….

The UA change

in Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

2s more on cd is better then 10% reduction. The skill is already weaker then AA, so it has to be worth the energy.

Adding cd is a smart move because it doesn’t lower too much your sustained dps, but you can dodge less frequently

If thats the case than i want to see a buff to the legend skills to off set for this nerf.

because demon Unyielding Anguish also got nerfed. What legend is now good for pvp that isnt Elite Specialization. ….?

The UA change

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Why would you use UA skill off cooldown anyway. I barely used it every 20 seconds.

Is this how other people play in pvp? Spam the best skills they have and hope for the best?

If thats the case than i want to see a buff to the legend skills to off set for this nerf.

because demon Unyielding Anguish also got nerfed. What legend is now good for pvp that isnt Elite Specialization. ….?

Mallyx is still good for PvP along with Jalis and Shiro. Don’t be so dramatic. This is turning in to the ranger forum – the way everyone’s saying: “Poor us. Life is so unfair”.

The UA change

in Revenant

Posted by: zebbers.6139

zebbers.6139

Why would you use UA skill off cooldown anyway. I barely used it every 20 seconds.

Mallyx is still good for PvP along with Jalis and Shiro. Don’t be so dramatic. This is turning in to the ranger forum – the way everyone’s saying: “Poor us. Life is so unfair”.

this man speaks sense. although I don’t agree with the malyx changes and feel it takes a lot of flavour away from the class, it’s still beta. if it’s weak in pvp, it will be buffed. Trust in Roy.

don’t become dirty Rangers QQing 24/7

The UA change

in Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

this man speaks sense. although I don’t agree with the malyx changes and feel it takes a lot of flavour away from the class, it’s still beta. if it’s weak in pvp, it will be buffed. Trust in Roy.

Funny seeing people say this to people as if there wasnt a 3 year history of them doing this to a few classes regarding pvp….

The UA change

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Funny seeing people say this to people as if there wasnt a 3 year history of them doing this to a few classes regarding pvp….

True, but in the past 3 years we haven’t had a developer as openly spoken as Roy. It’s a new class, and they’re trying out new mechanics entirely so it makes sense that some ideas have to be adjusted or scraped entirely; the class is still in beta so any changes are fair game until launch date.

Though what I appreciate from Roy is that he’s very thorough about why particular changes are being made AND he goes the extra mile to incorporate feedback where he can.

In the case of UA, I don’t see much of an impact to it from the additional 2s cooldown. The utility from this skill is in such a way that I don’t want to be spamming this skill when it’s off cooldown anyway. A 10% damage reduction would fix the players’ problem with the skill rather than the issue with the skill itself. It’s a new skill, and it seems like a majority of the player base doesn’t know how to react properly against the attack is why they feel like it’s too strong atm.

Mallyx is a different topic entirely, but that conversation goes beyond the OP’s concern.

(edited by savacli.8172)

The UA change

in Revenant

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

A change to UA so that it works similar to Gravity Well the Chronomancer offers would fit well here.

Let the field pulse a pull to the center every 2 seconds for 4 seconds so that players caught will be pulled into a field of Torment.

Ofcourse it should be a weaker version of it so that Mesmer won’t start QQing.

The UA change

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

In the case of UA, I don’t see much of an impact to it from the additional 2s cooldown. The utility from this skill is in such a way that I don’t want to be spamming this skill when it’s off cooldown anyway. A 10% damage reduction would fix the players’ problem with the skill rather than the issue with the skill itself. It’s a new skill, and it seems like a majority of the player base doesn’t know how to react properly against the attack is why they feel like it’s too strong atm.

Most of the outcrys against UA are from people doing 1v1ns with Revenant. The game has never been balanced around 1v1ns. So if the damage was nerfed on it from what it is now then it would do close to nothing in group fights and it would be pretty useless in pve.

Also you said people don’t know how to react to it yet. Which doesn’t give it a valid reason to be nerfed. Once people know what it does and how easily they can counter it then it will severely impact the skill. Any nerfs to its dmg or anything else now will offset it horribly.

Its fine as is. If you nerf it further it wont be used offensively at all. It will also become useless in pve.

As for other posters in this thread.
We have 10 weapon skills and 10 utility skills. You shouldn’t be only hitting UA over and over. Stop putting all your focus into one skill. There is no need to further nerf it. Its fine at 12 seconds.

The UA change

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Err, I think I went misinterpreted on that last post.

What I meant to say is that the player’s gripe with the skill is that it’s too strong and needs a nerf of sort, but that’s mostly because they aren’t familiar with how to react to the attack. So if the skill did end up getting nerfed damage-wise it would effectively be from all the QQ. I agree that the damage is fine the way it is and doesn’t need to change.

If any change came to the skill I’m glad it was the cd. Again, this isn’t a skill that I personally use off cd, but I can see the annoyance of using it right as it became available.