Thoughts on new Runes with Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The runes introduced in Flashpoint seem like a decent choice for Ventari Revenant, at least in WvW. +Healing Powr, -15% incoming Condition Duration, and AoE condition cleanse every 10 seconds on heal skill.

Opinions? Narrow, sure, but I think they could be decent.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Sure they are, but there’s really no place to use them. In organised PvE they have no use as of right now, in WvW your condition cleanse comes mostly from Pain Absorption and other members of the group.

They would have some use in PvP, though.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

could be used in pvp with jalis heal skill to remove 4 conditions and ventari roatation

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I haven’t seen these runes yet, May have to try them on my WvW heal build. just for kittens and giggles.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Revenant

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

(edited by ZeftheWicked.3076)

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

From the wording it doesn’t look like allies have to be near the tablet, just near the caster. 10 second ICD for just 1 clear doesn’t seem like its that big of a bonus though. I don’t see the benefit over using Monk runes tbh. When I run my Heal rev in WvW I rarely switch out of Vent during combat.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Didn’t found a single Ventari Rev in PvP in my ~100 matches at Season 6; the build isn’t currently meta in PvP and that game mode is more than toasted, so that rune probably doesn’t have much use aside to balance the uneven leg of a table…

in Revenant

messiah.1908

Didn’t found a single Ventari Rev in PvP in my ~100 matches at Season 6; the build isn’t currently meta in PvP and that game mode is more than toasted, so that rune probably doesn’t have much use aside to balance the uneven leg of a table…

no way, i was playing support rev ….. this rune could be nice with centaur / jalis

in Revenant

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

As it’s unavailable in PvP, that’s a tough call to make.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Revenant

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I still prefer my boon duration runes with Herald in WvW. It’s too helpful having 100% boon duration and getting long duration Resistance, Protection, etc. I could potentially work around this by running the new Bounty rune in conjunction with F2, but it just doesn’t seem as helpful as other sigils overall.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

As it’s unavailable in PvP, that’s a tough call to make.

My point is: the rune could be the best one for Ventari builds in PvP and still wouldn’t have any impact due no Rev was running support builds in S6 at ranked. Not at least in EU in my experience (can be argued that 100 matches aren’t a huge amount, but anyway the pool of players in PvP was small amd the only “weirdos” I saw were a power hammer Rev and a couple op players using a mace). Every other I saw (including myself) was pretty much running the same power Glint/Shiro s/s+staff prevalent from like a year ago.

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Gonna second BlazeQ on Monk Runes since you get some boon duration too and extra outgoing healing effectiveness (at least for WVW).
However, I understand that Revenants are hurting for condi cleanses as is, so I guess its an option for that and less suffering against stacking short condis to cover against big ones vs a cleanse. If it comes to PvP, it could be interesting.

in Revenant

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i have been testing them out honestly i cant say i really notice a difference

^ in wvw

(edited by Taobella.6597)

in Revenant

messiah.1908

i have been testing them out honestly i cant say i really notice a difference

^ in wvw

its a 10 sec cd only 1 condition which is better than 0

if it was 5 sec cd than it would fit perfectly to the ventari healing skill (3 sec is just to much to ask) or make it remove 2 conditions

in pvp where revenant needs every condi removal is could be nice but not that much needed if you taking too many conditions

in Revenant

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Yeah i personally like tempest runes the most for tablet then when you go deal with con in demon stance you still have that extra heal mech

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

While Ventari Revenant isn’t really too viable in PvP as of right now, it doesn’t mean that the rune wouldn’t have a good synergy with the build, which is what I’m saying.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144