To Rev or Not to Rev

To Rev or Not to Rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Artellus.7130

Artellus.7130

Morning friends. I find myself in the middle of a small conundrum, which the title may or may not give away. We’ve been gifted with a Level 80 boost, a fabulous prize that I do not wish to waste.
So my question is… Is Revenant worth creating and spending this boost on right now? I have been reading the forums quite a bit lately, and it doesn’t seem that the class is in a very good place atm. For perspective, I primarily play PvE, with very brief excursions into PvP.

Feel free to give me your opinions in the positive or negative. I appreciate your help and feedback.

To Rev or Not to Rev

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

if you want so you called “good place” nothing but ele is worth the 80.

To Rev or Not to Rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Morning friends. I find myself in the middle of a small conundrum, which the title may or may not give away. We’ve been gifted with a Level 80 boost, a fabulous prize that I do not wish to waste.
So my question is… Is Revenant worth creating and spending this boost on right now? I have been reading the forums quite a bit lately, and it doesn’t seem that the class is in a very good place atm. For perspective, I primarily play PvE, with very brief excursions into PvP.

Feel free to give me your opinions in the positive or negative. I appreciate your help and feedback.

To be honest I’m hearing different opinions, if you go to every class board they will all likely yell you the same thing beyond ele, because while some do have problems the others are just making it sound worse then it is, I’m having fun leveling mine, also revenant is really fun in dungeons and fractals since you can switch rolls like a Swiss army knife, I’m not sure how true that is for raising they say here it’s not.

Anyways I recommend you try it yourself because it’d hard to tell for sure, I would use it on a playstyle you know you love.

To Rev or Not to Rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Clear Black.8521

Clear Black.8521

I pondered this same question Saturday morning as HoT finished installing. I went ahead and did the Rev 80 boost. As for perspective, I am exactly the same type of PVE with the occasional PvP player. My advice to you, the majority of the QQ and negative comments toeards Revs is the hardcore PVP players making a fuss about nerfs. Thats fine, I get it. In regards to YOUR playstyle, I feel you will enjoy it very much. The ranged Hammer playstyle has made me wonder why I waited as long as I did to buy HoT. My god..I had a ton of fun. I have yet to dive into Raids or Fractals and honestly the fact so many talk about how Revs have to run Herald to be useful worries me a bit. I dont conform to meta builds and player base requirements. I play how I wanna play.

Do it, have fun, and play how you want with whatever build you want. Kitten the meta

To Rev or Not to Rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Nightweaver.6271

Nightweaver.6271

I’d say the rev is the best class to spend the 80 boost on.

Mainly because the class is rather painful to level because the way it’s class mechanic is set up. (Unlocking skills.)

Rev. has a good share of problems and bug’s that still haven’t been fixed.
Still, it can be a very fun class to play.

My advice though, should you use the lvl 80 boost on a Rev.: Do not go for Glint straight away! Learn to play the other legends first or you will regret it later.

Your residential know it all!
Keepers of Memory.[FADE]

To Rev or Not to Rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Hennessey.2985

Hennessey.2985

To be honest I’m hearing different opinions, if you go to every class board they will all likely yell you the same thing beyond ele, because while some do have problems the others are just making it sound worse then it is, I’m having fun leveling mine, also revenant is really fun in dungeons and fractals since you can switch rolls like a Swiss army knife, I’m not sure how true that is for raising they say here it’s not.

Anyways I recommend you try it yourself because it’d hard to tell for sure, I would use it on a playstyle you know you love.

Seems like my advice wasn’t so bad after all, eh.

OT: Rev is versatile, wanted and fun to play, but without Glint I imagine leveling is a pain in the kitten , so it’s def. worth using your boost.

Gnome Child [Gc]

(edited by Hennessey.2985)

To Rev or Not to Rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Artellus.7130

Artellus.7130

Thanks for all the replies so far! I think I’m close to deciding, but further responses are appreciated!
Cheers

To Rev or Not to Rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Revs my favourite profession but there are some significant issues. I don’t mean balance wise. I mean bug wise. Jalis is very buggy and so is hammer, your only ranged option. Try some PvE with it, or test it out in the PvP lobby, and see how you feel about the playstyle. I don’t recommend determining using the boost based off PvP games since the playstyle/role is a bit different and you have much more freedom in PvE. Try it out for sure in PvP, it’s where it shines, but it’s much less intense in PvE.

People typically don’t like it in PvE cause raid teams just use Rev for Facet of Nature which is really really really really boring

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

To Rev or Not to Rev

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

Seems like my advice wasn’t so bad after all, eh.

OT: Rev is versatile, wanted and fun to play, but without Glint I imagine leveling is a pain in the kitten , so it’s def. worth using your boost.

The core builds are fine, Mesmer DPS is more dependent on traits then Rev, leveling is easy.

To Rev or Not to Rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Clear Black.8521

Clear Black.8521

Thanks for all the replies so far! I think I’m close to deciding, but further responses are appreciated!
Cheers

Actually, you may or may not know this, I sure as kitten didnt, but when you activate the lvl 80 boost you are ported to the Silverwastes to “try out” the character before you commit. You can play the entire zone if you like I believe, then you go back to the lvl 80 Boost “vendor” and make your decision to keep it or move on to another character to test out.

To Rev or Not to Rev

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

Cheers

Actually, you may or may not know this, I sure as kitten didnt, but when you activate the lvl 80 boost you are ported to the Silverwastes to “try out” the character before you commit. You can play the entire zone if you like I believe, then you go back to the lvl 80 Boost “vendor” and make your decision to keep it or move on to another character to test out.

Wow I wish I would of known this myself, to bad you cannot try them in a fractal though.

To Rev or Not to Rev

in Revenant

Posted by: iczek.9628

iczek.9628

A couple days ago I logged in for the first time in a while and tested the level 80 boost option for the Rev in Silverwaste. It was fun. I have two warriors and a guardian and so the rev feels like a mixture of both those classes.

After playing in Silverwaste for a hour I boosted the guy to 80 and played in the first two HoT zones. That was a challenge, as expected since the zones in HoT are more challenging than Central Tyria but it was a good challenge. I was learning how to play offensively and defensively. And before I knew it I was performing better on my Rev than my warrior and guardian. I was taking down mobs a little faster and my survivability was greater too. I fought most of the time in melee with the occasional range.

I then unlocked the Elite specialization and enjoyed the profession even more. I feel like a true dps and support player at the same time. The elite specialization is great. My favorite professions are the ranger and warrior. The rev may take the #1 spot now.

From a PVE perspective, yes, I would recommend it.

To Rev or Not to Rev

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Actually to lvl a rev is pretty fun thats because i would use the boost for an ele because they are a good class but squishy as hell and a pain in the kitten to lvl.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.