Tweak my build!

Tweak my build!

in Revenant

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I’ve been wanting to play rev for pvp for the longest time but power revs just never really stuck with me; suffice to say, rev is one of my worst classes.

With the latest changes I’ve tried condition rev and I’m quite liking this build, there are a lot of options, but I notice it doesn’t do well against pressure from thieves.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRApX8unfNmNSuJzJRHlNlskyoS4S5UJorMsklTlZNmb6JNgDaw+82rH-TpQZABAUGo09HAA

I see the build as a support build with condition damage. I really like the alacrity from ventari, with mace I can bombard team fights from outside the point with Mace2, 3 and Axe 5.

Mallyx lets me deal with condition pressure really well, and thanks to the traits I can dish out a lot of torment even while using ventari.

I’m not glued to the idea of using herald, other than the F2 and protection on heal trait I feel like it doesn’t offer much, the shield in this build feels lacklustre. I’m thinking renegade might be able to improve this build.

Tweak my build!

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Gonna have a real tough time vs anyone with hard CC without Invocation.

You’d be much better off going Mallyx/Glint with this build and taking Invo, since your only healing power is the tiny amount from your runes of the revenant, it kind of makes the tablet pointless… Unless you just want the tablet to be an energy explosion cheeser—but that really only works against the lowest tier of players—which you probably would have beaten in any build.

Or I mean, if you really want to do tablet support/condi damage hybrid, maybe switch up to Sage Amulet and a Healing Power Rune set and drop Herald for Invocation.

Tweak my build!

in Revenant

Ramoth.9064

Gonna have a real tough time vs anyone with hard CC without Invocation.

You’d be much better off going Mallyx/Glint with this build and taking Invo, since your only healing power is the tiny amount from your runes of the revenant, it kind of makes the tablet pointless… Unless you just want the tablet to be an energy explosion cheeser—but that really only works against the lowest tier of players—which you probably would have beaten in any build.

Or I mean, if you really want to do tablet support/condi damage hybrid, maybe switch up to Sage Amulet and a Healing Power Rune set and drop Herald for Invocation.

Yeah, I was thinking about that, the vitality from carrion is probably acting like training wheels at the moment, might go Sage.

I just don’t like glint though, the facets feel very situational and doesn’t offer the options the tablet has IMO.

Tweak my build!

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

use this
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRApX8snfNmNSuJzJRHlNlskyoS4S5UJorMsklTFJNwhGrxu1jN5zqA-TZRPABAs/w6HEgxfCAofCAuuMAA

more healing power . use ventari as a short support for cleanse and small heal. the rune will give you another 1k healing and blind. and blast before you switch back to demon to collect 7k healing back fragments.

invocation will allow you to build above 15 might stacks to increase both power and condition dmg

careful from cc and dont 1v1 a thief. so stick to team fights.

have fun

Tweak my build!

in Revenant

Ramoth.9064

use this
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRApX8snfNmNSuJzJRHlNlskyoS4S5UJorMsklTFJNwhGrxu1jN5zqA-TZRPABAs/w6HEgxfCAofCAuuMAA

more healing power . use ventari as a short support for cleanse and small heal. the rune will give you another 1k healing and blind. and blast before you switch back to demon to collect 7k healing back fragments.

invocation will allow you to build above 15 might stacks to increase both power and condition dmg

have fun

Thanks! Just how effective is charged mists for gaining might? Didn’t think you could get 15 might from that. Will give it a go

Tweak my build!

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

use this

have fun

Thanks! Just how effective is charged mists for gaining might? Didn’t think you could get 15 might from that. Will give it a go

use mace 2+3 and gain 3-6 might. also you AA will give 1 stack. control your nrg below 50% and gain 2 . so you need 4 attacks and you got +15 stacks. easy done

Tweak my build!

in Revenant

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

As a necromancer i found out there’s one thing that destroys thieves completely…well 2 things.

First is weakness. Kills their endurance and stamina regen, changes their OP crits into 50% normal damage fumbles. They hate it. It’s a perfect way to screw them over.

Second (if you’re playing this type of build) is to condi bomb them when they’re outta dodges and then cease all attacks. Thieves’ best condi cleanse is losing a condi when they evade. Don’t feed them free condi cleanses after you’ve dropped your condi bomb on them, and it should end fast.

Also i personally would definitely go retribution if it’s thieves i gotta deal with, but then again in spvp i’m a necro not rev. Also i know how current cancertari gives free wins, so not gonna push for it.

Tweak my build!

in Revenant

narcx.3570

Also i know how current cancertari gives free wins, so not gonna push for it.

I can’t imagine how a necro main is having trouble versus the tablet-cheese build.

Every time he does his lame energy explosion he can’t cleanse or heal for 5 seconds (or do any damage), more than enough time to load him with condi’s, count to 4.5 in your head, and the fear him. Even if that doesn’t kill him, he’s still out of energy again and the cycle repeats… He’ll be forced to swap to Mallyx (no more tablet cheese), and hope that all your boon corrupts miss his resistance, but they won’t since he doesn’t have Glint to cover his resistance with, so he’ll die very quick and very salty at himself for assuming you were a bronze 1 player who’s never seen a tablet before.

All he accomplished was forcing you off the point for a second, and then having to instantly forfeit point control to all your counter pressure.

Tweak my build!

in Revenant

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

That’s because i’m a power necro, not condi one. Also the little gems his elite drops cleanse condies and heal if I recall correctly.

Tweak my build!

in Revenant

narcx.3570

That’s because i’m a power necro, not condi one. Also the little gems his elite drops cleanse condies and heal if I recall correctly.

They heal but don’t cleanse, the skill itself removes 1 condi per 10 energy spent.

Yeah, if you’re power you probably can’t kill him as easy, but you have even better area pressure than a condinecro, so he at least shouldn’t be able to out cap you. Or you know, when you see a revenant, you can just switch to condi before the game starts cuz it’s basically a free five points vs any revenant of equal of lesser ability.

Tweak my build!

in Revenant

Ramoth.9064

I think the ‘cheesy’ ventari builds use glint.

Anyways that said, not looking to be cheesy with this build, I genuinely like the utility ventari has, I think the alacrity is perfect.

The problem I see with ventari is the animation. When the tablet is out for a while, its easy to see the vines before the explosion. But when you just switch to ventari or you resummon the tablet, the tablet isn’t shown visually, but it is still there.

Tweak my build!

in Revenant

Ramoth.9064

Oh i did end up using invocation, I think my mechanics improved bit also. I realized I shouldn’t camp a legend and make use of the benefits of legend switching instead when I’m in the thick of a fight.

Switched to menders, didn’t notice a change in my defensive play, but definitely dealing more damage too!