Underwater Utility Skills?

in Revenant

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

What’s the deal with this? You can only use Demon or Assassin stance underwater, the other 3 are not available. Obviously a bug right?

in Revenant

Posted by: LaFleur.9374

LaFleur.9374

Rev underwater in a nutshell.

The whole underwater side of this class feels like a joke.

in Revenant

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

Rev underwater in a nutshell.

The whole underwater side of this class feels like a joke.

So true LOL.

norn warrior

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Yeah, it’s a significant issue. Herald Facets will remain on underwater, so I turn on swiftness, fury, and regen then go do what I have to do. If I know I am going to be doing any major fighting underwater, I drop Shiro in my other slot so at least I have something to switch to.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

As much as I like this new class, I have to agree that they failed us with underwater.

No utility skills at all for the two stances that I consider the core ‘go-to’ stances in the current game’s style… is a serious failing.

As has been noted in many recent threads, the era of Dungeons in GW2 seems to be past. So the whole idea of running around with a pure DPS mentality and no defensive abilities is, IMO, no longer a wise meta. You need some defense and support to handle yourself and keep all those fools around you still wearing zerker from spending 90% of the fight for that zone-event group thingy in the downed state…

As such I’m noticing a LOT of revenants spending the bulk of their time in Dwarf and Centaur. At least until they unlock Dragon. Not so much in Demon and Asian-Guy (because yeah, once again American techies treat us as a stereotype – gone is everything from GW1 that would have made him more).

At the very least… Dwarf and Centaur should have had basic self-heals in the utility area – even if it meant just copy pasting the utils of Demon and Asian-Guy into their stances…

But given how Demon and Asian-Guy basic use their land based util in the water… I see no reason why this could not be copied into Dwarf And Centaur…

Possible challenges exist in how to control moving the tablet, and with laying out the glowing brick road for Dorothy… But don’t we already have some area based utils on other options that work in water?

So I’m baffled as to why this happened. I just have to think this is some major bug in the live code that somehow ArenaNet has not yet noticed… Because the idea that it was intentional seems an epic failure in design…

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

(edited by Kichwas.7152)