Underwater Weapon Swapping, Just Spears?

in Revenant

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

Greetings All!

Okay, I’m confused. We can swap weapons underwater, but our only weapon choice is spear? I know we can choose different stats and sigils but doesn’t this seem kinda wrong? I mean, what’s the point?

Cheers, Henri

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

You replied to yourself, for different stats and sigils.
Also, “on swap” sigils.

Anyway i think is a techincal limit that comes from out-of-water weapon swap

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Melee Trident!!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

in Revenant

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Revenant was originally designed to be the Heavy armor single weapon profession (like Ele and Engineer). However, players were underwhelmed by the profession since you made three flat choices (weapon set + 2 Legends) and had no way to change up your primary bar like Eles and Engineers can.

ANet went with a kinda lazy fix and just added a second weapon, but didn’t design a second underwater weapon. Just like how they didn’t design beyond the initial 3 utilities per Legend.

They had time constraints that prevented completely new development on skills but it’s bad PR to say such and Roy has avoided commenting on either fact (lack of additional utilities for build nuance or additional underwater weapons) and is unlikely to. What will happen is that a few months from now they’ll say “While the Revenant has been a rousing success we felt they could use more nuance to their builds! So we’re adding Trident as an under water weapon and an additional utility per Legend!”

in Revenant

Posted by: SinDynasty.7541

SinDynasty.7541

Revenant was originally designed to be the Heavy armor single weapon profession (like Ele and Engineer). However, players were underwhelmed by the profession since you made three flat choices (weapon set + 2 Legends) and had no way to change up your primary bar like Eles and Engineers can.

ANet went with a kinda lazy fix and just added a second weapon, but didn’t design a second underwater weapon. Just like how they didn’t design beyond the initial 3 utilities per Legend.

They had time constraints that prevented completely new development on skills but it’s bad PR to say such and Roy has avoided commenting on either fact (lack of additional utilities for build nuance or additional underwater weapons) and is unlikely to. What will happen is that a few months from now they’ll say “While the Revenant has been a rousing success we felt they could use more nuance to their builds! So we’re adding Trident as an under water weapon and an additional utility per Legend!”

I like the original design of rev.I think #1(#4)weapon skill and #2(#5) weapon skill should be one melee skill and one long range skill.

(edited by SinDynasty.7541)

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Trust me, Spear for Revenant is completely broken right now.

Spear 2 being a no-cooldown nigh-spammable insane melee cleave damage ability that also applies vulnerability (no idea why this doesn’t have a 3s cooldown). The autoattack is 1200 range and applies Torment and is a projectile finisher. The other abilities are fine except Venom sphere is not a Poison combo field and Rift Containment is not a Ice combo field.

It’s clear, underwater weapon was rushed for Revenant and will be adjusted.

in Revenant

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

I would hardly call adding weapon swapping a “lazy fix”. It was a simple and needed fix, and I’m very happy with the change.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

I would hardly call adding weapon swapping a “lazy fix”. It was a simple and needed fix, and I’m very happy with the change.

If you set out to create a the Heavy armor answer to the Ele and Engineer (single weapon users who make up for it in other ways) and then players complain about lack of nuance or options to their builds and you go back on that design decision in an attempt to add some options rather than addressing the actual design flaws then – yes – that’s the “lazy fix”.

They could have done something like convert the existing Elites (which aren’t really ‘elites’ Impossible Odds is more an elite than Jade Winds is) into Utilities thereby providing options and make the Legendary Elite skills a thematic kit to change your main hand weapons then THAT would be maintaining your design. But they thought having two hard-coded immutable Legends would be enough, were wrong, and went with the easy option of giving you a second weapon set rather than addressing what is still an issue with the profession.

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I have a condi spear with the throw set to autocast in one slot and melee autocast with a power spear in the other, saves bagspace i suppose.

I am more concerned with the empty legend bars, particularly since the only way to have a working swap seems to be Shiro + Mallyx and yet it doesn’t save for underwater so you very rarely have an actual swap in there. The spear melee auto is so good that it doesn’t matter i guess, but still it’s really clunky.

in Revenant

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Shiro form.
Impossible odds.
Anguishing bane.
Rapid strike.
perma press 2.
Plow out chained heavy melee damage.
win button.

Try the deep fractal final boss. It can’t escape you, the energy gain allows for near continuous attack 2 spam. Evade agony strikes. Resume as before.

in Revenant

Posted by: Arutha.9874

Arutha.9874

If you set out to create a the Heavy armor answer to the Ele and Engineer (single weapon users who make up for it in other ways) and then players complain about lack of nuance or options to their builds and you go back on that design decision in an attempt to add some options rather than addressing the actual design flaws then – yes – that’s the “lazy fix”.

They could have done something like convert the existing Elites (which aren’t really ‘elites’ Impossible Odds is more an elite than Jade Winds is) into Utilities thereby providing options and make the Legendary Elite skills a thematic kit to change your main hand weapons then THAT would be maintaining your design. But they thought having two hard-coded immutable Legends would be enough, were wrong, and went with the easy option of giving you a second weapon set rather than addressing what is still an issue with the profession.

I would have preferred they stick to their initial plans also. My solution would be a 4th utility slot skill per legend that would be like a kit or conjure weapon, you would have to give up one of the core 3 to get the “transform” skill.
Maybe less skills and upkeep to make people not prefer it but have the options.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

Yo dawg I heard you like spears…

in Revenant

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Shiro form.
Impossible odds.
Anguishing bane.
Rapid strike.
perma press 2.
Plow out chained heavy melee damage.
win button.

Try the deep fractal final boss. It can’t escape you, the energy gain allows for near continuous attack 2 spam. Evade agony strikes. Resume as before.

I don’t know where you get “Anguishing bane” or “Rapid strike” from, the Revenant has no such weapon skills or traits. The spear has “Spear of Anguish” and “Rapid Assault” though.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

I honestly wouldn’t mind the one weapon if each legend was viable underwater.