Underwater combat

Underwater combat

in Revenant

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

Ok so underwater combat is not used very much and it feels pushed aside very much so for Revenant. However here’s a few things that I think should be looked at however.

-I don’t really mind that there is only the spear however why is there 2 spots for underwater weapons? So I can equip spear/spear? Makes no sense.

-Secondly, the #2 skill on spear has no energy cost and is completely spammable with no consequence. It basically makes the #1 skill obsolete since it does more damage.

-Thirdly why only Malyxx and Shiro? This isn’t a big deal to me, however the #9 skill in Malyxx behaves in the same matter as it did on land in the betas. It teleports enemies in all random directions.

My ideas:

-Remove the 2nd underwater slot for a weapon or include a new weapon such as speargun

-Energy cost for #2 skill (10 energy?) and/or with a short cooldown similar to hammer #2

-Possible inclusion of other legends and a fix for Malyxx so the teleporting is removed

Certified Gameaholic

Underwater combat

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

The skill 2 is an auto attack for power based specs.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

Underwater combat

in Revenant

Posted by: Fturtle.2719

Fturtle.2719

In my case, I’m only seeing Jalis (Drawf) even when set to Malyx/Shiro and now utility skills at all. Level 48 Rev, so I’m not sure if there’s a prob with my files.

Underwater combat

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

In my case, I’m only seeing Jalis (Drawf) even when set to Malyx/Shiro and now utility skills at all. Level 48 Rev, so I’m not sure if there’s a prob with my files.

You have to set underwater legends to Mallyx and Shiro while underwater.

Underwater combat

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

-I don’t really mind that there is only the spear however why is there 2 spots for underwater weapons? So I can equip spear/spear? Makes no sense.

Revenant was originally only going to have one weapon equipped at a time, this is an artifact to that case.

-Secondly, the #2 skill on spear has no energy cost and is completely spammable with no consequence. It basically makes the #1 skill obsolete since it does more damage.

Intentional. If you’re power, #2 is your auto. if you’re condi, #1 is. And no, #1 does more damage than #2 if you’re condi, even more so when you’re a Viper Rev.

-Thirdly why only Malyxx and Shiro? This isn’t a big deal to me, however the #9 skill in Malyxx behaves in the same matter as it did on land in the betas. It teleports enemies in all random directions.

You answered your own question in the first sentence, they don’t care for underwater combat, so they put the minimum amount of effort into it, it’s also why #9 skill on Mallyx still teleports, they really don’t give a kitten about it.

Underwater combat

in Revenant

Fturtle.2719

Misguided: That’s the problem, I can’t change from Jalis, it automatically selects and sticks with him instead of Shiro/Malyx when they’re selected. Have to check and see if the issue was a corrupt file (ran the client in repair mode).

Underwater combat

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Misguided: That’s the problem, I can’t change from Jalis, it automatically selects and sticks with him instead of Shiro/Malyx when they’re selected. Have to check and see if the issue was a corrupt file (ran the client in repair mode).

You couldn’t change from Jalis while underwater? Never heard that one.

Underwater combat

in Revenant

Fturtle.2719

Turns out it was a corrupted file as running the repair option, solved the problem – I was able to set Shiro/Malyxx

Underwater combat

in Revenant

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

What I want to know is why is there no heal skill underwater ? this is probably the most unfinished class in the game right now, and also no utility skills which is also pretty pathetic, If I had created this class there is no way I could feel proud of myself as this class is far from finished, I just hope there is work going on behind the scenes right now to complete it. I actually enjoy underwater combat, but being underwater on revenant especially just feels like I’m playin in beta.