Underwater with PoF

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Bug Fixes:

Necromancer

Scourge: Fixed a permissions bug preventing necromancers from accessing their scourge profession abilities underwater.

IT COULD BE SO EASY. But no, its Betavenant after all.

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Sure. Why not?

Ok Renegade isn’t like Herald with no ground targetted abilities. Herald could theoretically work underwater exactly is.

But Renegade would need only a few minor tweaks. Make disruption charr summon at targetted enemy’s location. Make the others spawn near you. Make the F bombardment enemy targetted.

Done.

Ok, arguably burning as a condition underwater is a little weird, but guardians do it so why not us? Or just change the condition’s name to ‘scalding’ and problem solved.

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

warrior banners do work underwater, they ground based.

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

But that would require resources spent on revenant and we don’t want any of that.

They should start by giving us core legends underwater AND another underwater weapon

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Nice, 40 new skills for Weaver and no new underwater skill for Revenant/Renegade. Also luckluster animation for Renegade wells.

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Many ground based skills work underwater. They just pop around the user in a sphere or around the target.

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Posted by: FranzM.1298

FranzM.1298

The renegade AI skills do not work when standing in puddles. I was in Spirit Watch and when i ground targeted the puddles it said i could not use it underwater.

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Caeledh.5437

Yes. I know.

Many ground based skills work underwater. They just pop around the user in a sphere or around the target.

Yep. That’s why I suggested it. Our own Mallyx’s Unyielding Anguish gets this treatment.

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

The renegade AI skills do not work when standing in puddles. I was in Spirit Watch and when i ground targeted the puddles it said i could not use it underwater.

What’s the excuse for Jalis and Glint?

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Posted by: FranzM.1298

FranzM.1298

I was being serious. It happens on those too? That’s just sad. I’m starting to think they should dedicate one developer per profession so each one gets the attention they need.

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

I was being serious. It happens on those too? That’s just sad. I’m starting to think they should dedicate one developer per profession so each one gets the attention they need.

What kittenes me off is legends that would be perfectly workable underwater, if they have a SINGLE skill that isn’t usable, they disable the whole legend. There’s no reason why all of jalis skills shouldn’t work as is underwater except for the road, which you could honestly just make a new skill underwater. But no, all their love goes to eles of course

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Road (Inspiring Reinforcement) could just be pulsing stability around the casting point, no big deal.
For Glint, Elemental Blast is the only ground targeted one, and could simply be auto targeted at an enemy in range.

I don’t see why they can’t adapt 2, TWO, skills for the Revenant when they made more than 40 for the Weaver.

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Caeledh.5437

What kittenes me off is legends that would be perfectly workable underwater, if they have a SINGLE skill that isn’t usable, they disable the whole legend. There’s no reason why all of jalis skills shouldn’t work as is underwater except for the road, which you could honestly just make a new skill underwater. But no, all their love goes to eles of course

There is a reason. Balance.

Herald is balanced around players using Elemental Blast every 15s. But they try to avoid using burning underwater and locking this single ability would significantly reduce Herald’s damage output.

Jalis’ Inspiring Reinforcement isn’t just a stability buff. It’s also a weakness debuff, lightning field and does damage. If you’re playing at range (i.e. the hammer in ground combat) IR makes a big contribution to total DPS.

Most of us would probably happily accept even a slightly kitten Jalis underwater but there’s alway PvP to consider. They would cop complaints about this.

That said, they could certainly alter such abilities to make them functional underwater.

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

What are you talking about? Guardian has tons of burning underwater.

Underwater with PoF

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

There is a reason. Balance.

Balance.

Underwater.

Lmao

There isn’t even underwater in pvp anymore