Underwhelming mobility wvw

in Revenant

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

Was testing revenant in wvw today and realized that it has poor mobility. Even mesmers surpass revenant in terms of mobility.

Edit: Both Revenant and Herald have poor mobility. I am using herald glint and shiro and still mesmers can catch me easily. Also they kill me easily cause they can spam endless amount of conditions instantly.

(edited by The Ace.9105)

in Revenant

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

Become a Herald, problem solved.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in Revenant

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Mesmer has pretty decent mobility now, so I wouldn’t use them as an excuse.

If you use Shiro you can use Phase Traversal to dash towards neutral/ambient creatures etc. to move more quickly. Also super-speed from Impossible Odds helps combat mobility a lot.

I agree with the condition part of your post though. Pretty bad fight to pick if you run Shiro/Glint (the way I build it at least).

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

There’s two kinds of mobility. In combat and out of combat.

Out of Combat, Herald is pretty much unparalleled in the game. Even when using stances like Shiro the 12s of Swiftness from One with Nature still gives you Swiftness let alone Facet of Elements.

In Combat we’re still one of the most mobile classes in the game. I mean Impossible Odds is literally on demand super speed, which is the same as out of combat Swiftness even when in combat. Phase Traversal, even with kitten cd, is one of the most spammable range mobility moves in the game. Mallyx has a leap that leaves behind a pit that chills/torments with no cool down. In addition to these legends we also get weapon mobility moves like Surge of the Mists and Frigid Blitz.

I understand going out in WvW and dying is frustrating. However WvW roaming is dominated by heavy Condition play which is going to run counter to us. Mobility has never been our issue, but rather simply other mobile classes that can also apply a lot of Condi that we can’t counter.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

So far I think Rev is one of the most mobile classes ever, you get so many abilities that help move/dodge and alot of superspeed/perma swiftness.

I do agree on the condi part, the only really good condi removal is in Dwarfs heal and that is on a cd where it wont help much with condi removal.

But still if you do not run around alone all the time its a really good class for WvW, especially since you can give your whole team basically perma prot