Unnerf Unyielding Anguish

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Unnerf Unyielding Anguish! Anet Unnerf it!!!!

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I’m quite happy you can now stack torment with it, but I agree a lot of the fun the skill had has now died.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Okay I understand the displacement being gone, it was really game breaking. But that 10 second cooldown is obscene. It should be 5 AT BEST.
They dont seem to understand we’re also dealing with energy to manage our skills.

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

They need to stop adding kitten cool downs. It’s ruining the class. Why should revs have to deal with the double punishment of energy AND a cd?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I agree with the 5 second cd instead of 10 if it needs any at all.
10 second cd and 1/3 of max energy seems like too much.

in Revenant

Posted by: moonlightseal.6927

moonlightseal.6927

I could see how it was reasonable to change the displacement. If it still had displacement 10 sec would be good. Without it I’m not really seeing the point.

in Revenant

Posted by: Luthic.7290

Luthic.7290

+1, demon stance 4, and 5 got gutted.

rest is … a reasonable comprimise between what they want and they old

in Revenant

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Wow. they just made mallyx stance useless. Unique Mechanic now ruined.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in Revenant

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

This skill used to be completely useless and was simply just annoying but added no other benefit. Now it’s amazing. Mallyx is even better than before, and no this is not a troll post. Completely disagree with OP.

in Revenant

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I think Roy’s team is just being lazy with coding. The problem with unyielding anguish and downstate 2 was that displacements went through stability. This is a video game, just change the rules of physics to allow stability to stop the displacement. But no, they got rid of it entirely because reworking the code was too hard. Thats also why they took breakbars off of all of the skills, coding to make them fun and appropriately balanced was too hard for them it seems.

I am glad that it will pulse torment now, but with embrace the darkness being useless, theres hardly a point in even running a condition revenant build now, as torment and weak burns and confusion stacks aren’t really enough. This also means that revenant’s will be pigeonholed into Shiro to have any CC at all.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Revenant

Posted by: ChrisG.1703

ChrisG.1703

This skill used to be completely useless and was simply just annoying but added no other benefit. Now it’s amazing. Mallyx is even better than before, and no this is not a troll post. Completely disagree with OP.

Do you PvP, Photinous? It was really good for reviving team mates as well as forcing clutch decaps in sPvP.

in Revenant

Posted by: Maxite.6102

Maxite.6102

The down skill was silly. No problem yanking it out.

But does the initial displacement on Unyielding really have to go? It brought about some much needed strategic elements to all three modes. Is there really no way to save the mechanic? Seems such a huge thing to lose.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

• Remove the cooldown
  • Now displaces/knocks out of the area on first pulse. Each Pulse applies 3x Torment. Last Pulse knocks out of the area/pulls foes within the area.
[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Displacement nerf is necessary in PvP, but the CD is definitely not.

in Revenant

ChrisG.1703

Displacement nerf is necessary in PvP, but the CD is definitely not.

Yes, the displacement effect was an issue but don’t you think it could have been replaced with a knock back or a fear? This way it could keep it’s usefulness as a utility.

in Revenant

Posted by: WindGodGirl.6405

WindGodGirl.6405

I don’t even use Mallyx and I felt this nerf.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

As posted in the BWE2 changes post, if they have to get rid of displacement at least put KB/Fear on landing otherwise cd/cost is HIGHLY unjustified

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

(edited by Gaaroth.2567)

in Revenant

ChrisG.1703

As posted in the BWE2 changes post, if they have to get rid of displacement at lead put KB/Fear on landing otherwise cd/cost is HIGHLY unjustified

Can’t say that enough. The skill really needs one or the other.

in Revenant

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Not a bad idea tbh, Mallyx do need some CC and fear seems to be fitting condition legend.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cylokin.2560

Cylokin.2560

Not a bad idea tbh, Mallyx do need some CC and fear seems to be fitting condition legend.

Agreed, please put at least fear, some form of CC, it’s pretty underwhelming for PvP right now, I know I wont be using the Mallyx form anytime soon if it stays like this.

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

They need to stop adding kitten cool downs. It’s ruining the class. Why should revs have to deal with the double punishment of energy AND a cd?

Energy + cooldown is excellent to balance a class, and revenant was always meant to have both at the same time.

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Energy + cooldown is excellent to balance a class, and revenant was always meant to have both at the same time.

Rev utilities were NOT always meant to have both. They only started adding these recharges after.

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Rev utilities were NOT always meant to have both. They only started adding these recharges after.

I understand that, but it has not been working very well.