in Revenant

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

Thank you for your attention.

Unrelenting Assault is massively OP

in Revenant

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

That might be because i’m mesmer and can both counter it via stealthing and provide additional targets to lower the damage, but overall i found it to be ok. Maybe needs some adjustment to the damage and/or 1 hit cut to reduce the evade duration, but otherwise i think it’s ok.

in Revenant

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

UA is fine. there are already so many ways to render it useless or ineffective. i’ve played TONS of matches as soon as the beta went live. UA can be gibbed so much, I dont understand why people think counter play means that a move should ALWAYS be counterable. sometimes there should just be situations where you get nuked because frankly setting it up is really hard and the pay out should be equal to the effort put in. most times before UA i use burst of strength and elemental blast just to get enough dmg going to make it even worth it to use.

(edited by Deth.4109)

in Revenant

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

people just need to learn to get acostumised to it and counter it, remember 100b was the topic of nerf for a good couple of months after release, now ppl barely speak of it anymore

in Revenant

cursE.1794

@Deth

Complete loss of reality. Wow.

in Revenant

Posted by: caerulean.4837

caerulean.4837

@cursE Deth is right, players just need time to get used to it and learn how to counter it. I was playing pvp a lot today and I had eles going invulnerable, mesmers blocking, people going invisible, dodging, whatever. There are plenty of ways to counter Unrelenting Assault, and there are other classes who have just as much burst. UA is more or less fine and I think people should probably play around a bit more before they cry wolf. I’d look at ele icebow or instakill shatter mesmers before this.

in Revenant

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

@Deth

Complete loss of reality. Wow.

no seriously. I have yet to even be threatened by another Revenants UA. I just riposting shadows or dodge. also blocks and aegis can render it useless and if a target uses stealth before hand (rangers, mesmers, thieves) it stops and goes on CD. against skilled opponents this move requires decent set up to use, you often have to make them vulnerable before hand before unloading it. for example I was dueling a necro during a match and he would just pop death shroud every time I used UA. I wasn’t able to use it to kill him until I burned off his shroud and then got it one off after a kockdown from my elite.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I’m already getting tired of people coming into the Revenant forum and demanding nerfs to skills because they don’t understand how the skills work and got wrecked in pvp. Everything about it is new, so take a little time to understand how it works and how you might counter it before demanding changes.

in Revenant

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

I just think it shouldn’t move people with stability.

in Revenant

cursE.1794

Ele going invulnerable? Even traited, mist form has 60 second cooldown. UA has 10 second cooldown. Ranger could cast sigil of stone, 80 second cooldown. People can dodge twice, nice. Like revenant doesn’t have other skills that need to be dodged. AGAIN, 10 SECOND COOLDOWN.

After all, how do you tell if a class/skill is op? People who play it start making ridiculous statements in order to defend it. Like comparing UA to ele icebow. Or this:

there should just be situations where you get nuked because frankly setting it up is really hard and the pay out should be equal to the effort put in. most times before UA i use burst of strength and elemental blast just to get enough dmg going to make it even worth it to use.

“To make it even worth it to use”. Not pointing this out because of the grammar.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

ur talking about the aoe mallyx thingy not sword 3

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I already proposed a change which doesn’t nerf UA but makes it more counter-able if needed and the thread is below.

Fun thing – If you see Rev using it on you and you have teammates nearby, drag him with yourself to your allies or away from teamfight. UA follows everywhere and won’t be stopped, so you can get too brave Rev out of position pretty easily.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

ur talking about the aoe mallyx thingy not sword 3

ops my bad.

Btw sword 3 is fine

Other ua like i said

in Revenant

Tora.7214

I already proposed a change which doesn’t nerf UA but makes it more counter-able if needed and the thread is below.

Fun thing – If you see Rev using it on you and you have teammates nearby, drag him with yourself to your allies or away from teamfight. UA follows everywhere and won’t be stopped, so you can get too brave Rev out of position pretty easily.

but your suggestion doesnt take the pve aspect of the game on count and would kitten the skill badly in HoT pve content

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

but your suggestion doesnt take the pve aspect of the game on count and would kitten the skill badly in HoT pve content

I don’t see why. More often than not, if you are facing multiple opponents, at least one of them is a vet/champion/elite/etc which you can select as your primary target. The only situation where it would be less effective would be against a swarm of trash (e.g. raptors) where you don’t really need it for damage anyway. If anything, I think the suggestion would actually make the skill better in PvE. Now, if the target of the final attack were random, it would be terrible.

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Someone lost in pvp and is crying that something is OP. What’s new. There is already a thread with suggestions on how to counter it. The game should not be balanced with 1v1 pvp in mind. UA is strong against one opponent and weak once you throw more people in there.

This is why I hate the fact that Anet chose not to split skills properly in pve and pvp. Inevitably it will get nerfed due to pvp crying and become useless for pve.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

in Revenant

cursE.1794

Someone lost in pvp and is crying that something is OP. What’s new. There is already a thread with suggestions on how to counter it. The game should not be balanced with 1v1 pvp in mind. UA is strong against one opponent and weak once you throw more people in there.

This is why I hate the fact that Anet chose not to split skills properly in pve and pvp. Inevitably it will get nerfed due to pvp crying and become useless for pve.

And there is a very good post from raven in that particular thread that disqualifies almost all of these as a good counter. It’s funny that “dodging” always appears on these lists while it is clear that having to use both of your dodges to counter a 10 second cooldown skill is clearly NOT a viable counter. Or you could use shocking aura, right? Since shocking aura is accessable to so many classes. Or stand against a wall which is nothign else than bugging this skill and I’m quite certain that this is not how it’s indended to be.

The game should not be balanced with 1v1 pvp in mind.

If something is OP in 1v1 then it must be balanced. That’s common sense and it’s beyond my understanding how someone could argue “it’s not op in a complete different situation and therefore must not be touched”.

range – the range is pretty short. kite the revenant and they’ll never get to use it
—Rev might just have enough gap closers to earn the title unkitable.

block
—only 1 class (war) has a block that doesnt auto expire after 1-3 attacks, and this is negated by phase traversal

dodge roll
—this is good for mitagation, but it would take 2 dodge rolls, which is not really balanced.

evade
—see dodge. The exception to this are classes with super long evade frames like mes sword2, pistol whip or 1h sword rangers.

protection/retaliation
— this is more of a mitagation than a counter.

apparently walls?
— this is good, thought might not be intended and could get fixed.

be near allies. sure, it doesn’t change the damage, but it shares it out a bit.
— this is okay for partial mitagation for mes, ranger or minion necro. fighting on point, but a counter should not be “have a buddy.”

(edited by cursE.1794)

in Revenant

xarallei.4279

Again, the game should not be balanced over 1v1 pvp. Once you throw even one person (or pet) in there UA’s damage goes down dramatically.

Or at least if they change it, they should change it to what another poster suggested and basically load most of the damage toward the end. That way if someone is not being braindead and is paying attention they can dodge the most damaging portion of the ability. Something like that would at least leave the ability useful in pve. But the ability needs to be strong and it needs that evade. Otherwise it’s useless.

in Revenant

Posted by: Eloid.4569

Eloid.4569

it same with rapid fire on ranger, learn how count it and nobody remember that skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I think due to the fact that it has an evade now, it needs either a longer CD or a slight damage reduction. I dont think its OP, but its very, very strong

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Aa others stated 100b and rapid strike were extremely op to. It’s just a matter of learning. When to dodge, use retaliation, protect, or blocks. The animation is pretty easy to see it coming.

Or jump off a cliff, does rev follow? I dunno

in Revenant

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This is always the type of response you see right before everyone realizes something is OP. Here is the reality for you. This is the new class from ANET. It will be OP right at the start. Why? Because people aren’t as used to playing it. After launch, it will be slowly nerfed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Thank you for your attention.

Prove it please. Blanket statements do nothing.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I don’t know how long it currently, but last BWE that skill would even follow a mesmer through portals, which seems kinda extreme to me. They should probably limit the shadowstep range to 450/600 each, so it’s possible to port away from it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

In SPvP i been countered by Stealth, dodge, block, Invulnerable and terrain.

this doesnt need nerf. If it does, Anet has to add burst damage to something else because right now they have none other.

in Revenant

xarallei.4279

This is always the type of response you see right before everyone realizes something is OP. Here is the reality for you. This is the new class from ANET. It will be OP right at the start. Why? Because people aren’t as used to playing it. After launch, it will be slowly nerfed.

Then it will be useless again. Just like it was before. They buffed it for a reason. It was terrible before.

in Revenant

Azure.8670

In SPvP i been countered by Stealth, dodge, block, Invulnerable and terrain.

this doesnt need nerf. If it does, Anet has to add burst damage to something else because right now they have none other.

after 2 dodges it still hits you twice, and then you get auto attacked, which is where the real damage comes from

in Revenant

Posted by: AlliedKhajiit.2794

AlliedKhajiit.2794

@cursE,
What’s the reason for saying every counter people are giving you for this skill is useless?
What about rapid fire on ranger? Would you say dodging rapid fire isn’t a counter? Or blocking it? Or moving behind the ranger? Or reflecting it? Rapid fire, unlike UA, actually tracks targets through stealth. If blocks, evades, and invulns aren’t viable choices to counter something, then what the kitten is? On this logic alone, there’s no counter for anything in PvP.

in Revenant

Azure.8670

@cursE,
What’s the reason for saying every counter people are giving you for this skill is useless?
What about rapid fire on ranger? Would you say dodging rapid fire isn’t a counter? Or blocking it? Or moving behind the ranger? Or reflecting it? Rapid fire, unlike UA, actually tracks targets through stealth. If blocks, evades, and invulns aren’t viable choices to counter something, then what the kitten is? On this logic alone, there’s no counter for anything in PvP.

rapid fire is somethingf people have always complained about, except with rapid fire, once it ends, thats that. with UA, the AA on Rev is so strong, its annoying. this is peoples complaint, its a lose lose. personally I dont mind, ive crushed every rev on a minion mancer so far, but I see why people are complaining

in Revenant

Rym.1469

Aa others stated 100b and rapid strike were extremely op to. It’s just a matter of learning. When to dodge, use retaliation, protect, or blocks. The animation is pretty easy to see it coming.

Or jump off a cliff, does rev follow? I dunno

Unrelenting Assault follows everywhere you go. For 2s, you’re basically tied to your chosen target. I managed to follow other Revenant spamming Phase Traversal on WvW with it, traveling about 4000 units in total from my initial position.

I’m not sure what happens if target jumps off a cliff, though. If he lands, Revenant lands with him. I assume that if target dies from falling damage, but UA was still active when he did, Rev gets no falling damage.

The question if UA ends in Air does it still teleport you to suicidal jumper and force you to jump with him or not. That may actually be another counterplay. OP, add it to your list! Jumping off some high cliff!

in Revenant

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

When i played Rev, it’s true there’s counter play to UA, though with a Shiro/Glint Set up, I can preemptively counter this before hand by using Gaze of Darkness for reveal before UA. Swap to Shiro stance and use the Jade Wings before UA. I can pretty much insta gib thieves this way unless they expend all dodges, and other dodge skills. Mesmers are a different story just because clones take fragments of the damage your target would take due clones being another RNG target choice. Shiro DPS revs are also really strong in trading when you have turn impossible odds on, and there’s so much fall back on Glint’s heal, which is a way better version of Warrior’s Defiant Stance.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Revenant

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

The iframes on the skill needs to be removed. It’s already doing a lot of damage on top of being unavoidable without blowing defensive cooldowns.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rygg.6237

Rygg.6237

People need to learn how to counterplay, that’s all, confusion, blinds, daze, stun, evasion, blocks, knocback, knockdown you just need to learn the starting of the animation… which is a backflip and it has a characteristic sound, the thing is most people are too lazy to recognize and or find counterplays for something and if there’s none then use tactics to your advantage, why bother staying on a fight that you can’t win if you’re useful elsewhere?

in Revenant

cursE.1794

What about rapid fire on ranger? Would you say dodging rapid fire isn’t a counter? Or blocking it? Or moving behind the ranger? Or reflecting it? Rapid fire, unlike UA, actually tracks targets through stealth. If blocks, evades, and invulns aren’t viable choices to counter something, then what the kitten is?

You mention rapidfire, list all the counters that work, generalize to “something” and then apply to UA. Seriously?

No there is a lot counterplay
[…]
using aoe on yourself when it ends

That is the most hilarious one so far.

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

Unrelenting Assault follows everywhere you go. For 2s, you’re basically tied to your chosen target. I managed to follow other Revenant spamming Phase Traversal on WvW with it, traveling about 4000 units in total from my initial position.

I had wondered about that. If that is true, why not give it a max range it can travel once the initial effect begins, like 1000 or something like that?

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Interrupt during cast, double dodge, invulnerability, kite to neutrals… get better?

in Revenant

Rygg.6237

I had wondered about that. If that is true, why not give it a max range it can travel once the initial effect begins, like 1000 or something like that?

You can just use it around 3 times and you’re out of energy, you can choose to stick and move or die, also you’re stuck for around 3/4-1 second until the naimation of PT ends, which makes you interruptable, I’ve been stopped by mesmers this way just time the daze after the hit, PT is a very nice gap closer but if used carelessly it’s also suicidal.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Each of the 7 hits can crit with 2k damage, so you will eat 1on1 14k damage without counterplay.

My suggestion to fix it: change it so it can hit each target only 2 times. This way it stays powerful against large groups, but wouldn’t be op 1 on 1,.

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

UA is fine, pls theres no need to nerf a prof when people still dont know how to play against it

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Kodama.6453

UA is fine, pls theres no need to nerf a prof when people still dont know how to play against it

14k damage with one skill with evade and without a chance to kite it because it will port you wherever the enemy runs in a 1 on 1 fight is fine? srsly? xD

(edited by Kodama.6453)

in Revenant

Rygg.6237

14k damage with one skill with evade and without a chance to kite it because it will port you wherever the enemy runs in a 1 on 1 fight is fine? srsly? xD

Backstab does the same and a stunlock MoD mesmer does even better if it catches you with no stunbreaks, it’s only 14k if you stand still and do nothing, back in the day a Mace/Torch medi-guard could hit 21k with 4 skills and it was easily done in classes that didn’t have easy oh crap buttons, the thing is people learnt how to play against that, it’s been 2 days since the current iteration of revenant is out.

Also changes for just PvP on this skill would make it worthless in PvE, if anything is needed for better balance in this game is splitting skill and trait effects in between game modes altogether.

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Game is not balanced around 1 on 1, deal with it. PvP is a team game mode, work with your team mates. In WvW there’re even more people, but if you want to solo cap stuff to boost your ego, that’s not the devs problem.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Yes. Because if it does hit 14k that’s 100% the other players fault for failing to know how to dodge or use any other form of defense that’s given to them. It’s a learn to play issue. The class and skills are new

in Revenant

Kodama.6453

Don’t know why so offensive. I suggested just to limit the hits per target. For the “pvp is a team game” thing: the skill would function almost the same because you will hit multiple targets. Just that there are only 2 hits for each of them. And I think there should be some balance for 1 on 1 situations too, because if you can kill another player with 1 single skill which makes you untouchable at the same time I don’t think this makes much sense.

I got that you guys want it to stay at this state, but I have another opinion and hope the devs will change something about it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Backstab does the same and a stunlock MoD mesmer does even better if it catches you with no stunbreaks, it’s only 14k if you stand still and do nothing, back in the day a Mace/Torch medi-guard could hit 21k with 4 skills and it was easily done in classes that didn’t have easy oh crap buttons, the thing is people learnt how to play against that, it’s been 2 days since the current iteration of revenant is out.

Also changes for just PvP on this skill would make it worthless in PvE, if anything is needed for better balance in this game is splitting skill and trait effects in between game modes altogether.

Not only all this, but this skill is the only damaging skill that the rev has aside the AA, so is the only skill you need to dodge/block/avoid/whatever in any sword set, I think is a good deal.

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Posted by: AlliedKhajiit.2794

AlliedKhajiit.2794

What about rapid fire on ranger? Would you say dodging rapid fire isn’t a counter? Or blocking it? Or moving behind the ranger? Or reflecting it? Rapid fire, unlike UA, actually tracks targets through stealth. If blocks, evades, and invulns aren’t viable choices to counter something, then what the kitten is?

You mention rapidfire, list all the counters that work, generalize to “something” and then apply to UA. Seriously?

No there is a lot counterplay
[…]
using aoe on yourself when it ends

That is the most hilarious one so far.

lmfaooooo, so you say that blocking UA isn’t a counter, but blocking rapid fire is a counter?
What the kitten are you even trying to argue? Your ideas are literally so ridiculous I can’t even understand an ounce of the logic that’s going in them

in Revenant

Tora.7214

Yes. Because if it does hit 14k that’s 100% the other players fault for failing to know how to dodge or use any other form of defense that’s given to them. It’s a learn to play issue. The class and skills are new

i would love to know what that revenant did to achieve 14k UA, because with full berserker gear and all hits criting the highest i manage is 8k on single target

in Revenant

Rym.1469

I actually think that it shouldn’t have a range limit and it’s current version has interesting hmm…“counterplay”. I’ve been doing this today a lot. Basically, if UA was casted on you, you quickly move “behind your lines” to your allies or drag unwary Revenant everywhere else, like off point in PvP so your teammates can decap. He will be glued to you, so for 2s you have complete control over his positioning.

This part I think isn’t just highlighted enough, but I believe it adds a layer of very interesting counterplay and risk for using UA without much thought.

in Revenant

xarallei.4279

Don’t know why so offensive. I suggested just to limit the hits per target. For the “pvp is a team game” thing: the skill would function almost the same because you will hit multiple targets. Just that there are only 2 hits for each of them.

Yay, then it would be useless in pve except for trash! Just what I always wanted. /s

in Revenant

Posted by: Odik.4587

Odik.4587

10 seconds cd and give him ’’evades’’ when he doing that and its lasts not 2 seconds but 3 seconds.
Lets take a look…huge damage? Yep, force your enemy waste all dodges/blocks/invuls?Yes.
Follow you even you blinked? Or portalled away ? Yes.
Cannot be blinded/dodged/LoSed ? Yes. (yes, if you stay in range of that skill but would be behind wall he will jump,magic!)
Oh yeah , anyone seen unblockable status in description? I dont.
. So you need 3 seconds block/invul each 10 seconds , sure everyclass have that!
/sarcasm
So only 1 way to counterplay that is be somewhere out of range which is not possible with spammable Shiro blink.

(edited by Odik.4587)