Unrelenting Assault with Confusion

in Revenant

Posted by: Nick de Ridder.1423

Nick de Ridder.1423

Q:

Not sure if this was posted already, (i guess it did) and I dont know if this was intended but when you use Unrelenting Assault while you have confusion on you, you get hit 5 times instead like normal 1. i thought confusion would hit you on skill use instead of actual hits you put out. maybe im wrong and please correct me if i am but its not how i remember confusion works.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

A:

UA triggers confusion for every hit right now (5 times) and this is a known bug.

No other similar skill triggers confusion this way (warrior’s 100b for example).

We are waiting for a fix…

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

UA triggers confusion for every hit right now (5 times) and this is a known bug.

No other similar skill triggers confusion this way (warrior’s 100b for example).

it’s not a bug…it’s intended

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

If you want to post such bs, you should do it with source. Abilities trigger confusion only once.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Ilias.8647

Then why the same behavior doesn’t apply to the numerous other skills that inflicts multiple hits (Warr : GS#2, Sword #F1 Guard : GS#2, Sword#2 Mes : Sword #2, Ranger : LB #2 etc etc)

GW2Wiki : Confusion is a condition that deals damage each second and additional damage each time the affected target begins to activate a skill.

So, confusion is triggered per skill activation, NOT per hit! … for all of you that pretend you don’t know it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Confusion warrior/mesmer detected.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

guess we need to wait until LS3 or LS4. Maybe GW3

in Revenant

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t think its a bug per-se. Rather, I think its due to the fact that UA is programmed differently than most other skills and is actually programmed to act kitten separate attacks, likely for a specific reason related to the unique properties of the attack. Perhaps its because its a single-target attack that hits multiple enemies. Perhaps its because they wanted it to end if the original target died.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I don’t think its a bug per-se. Rather, I think its due to the fact that UA is programmed differently than most other skills and is actually programmed to act kitten separate attacks, likely for a specific reason related to the unique properties of the attack. Perhaps its because its a single-target attack that hits multiple enemies. Perhaps its because they wanted it to end if the original target died.

Perhaps bc whole revenant class is badly programmed and we know who is responsible for that. Even 3rd mace chain strike is kittened and doesnt work with quickness. Or PT canceling teleport and going on cd (+energy..) cause on your way there was small stone yet guardian/mes/thief has no issues to teleport over the same path. Its not supposed to trigger multiple times, “someone” just kittened up

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

i swear rev forums crack me up. Always one bug or another, even i’m still learning of new ones. People don’t know which is a bug and which isnt. Bugs as old as the class itself, some even older than the class itself.

We should all just post screenshots of every bug we have encountered on the class.

Man i love this game

in Revenant

Ilias.8647

This could be the issue, still it shouldn’t trigger Confusion on every hit because this makes it more than a double edged knife!

If its intended… its just a really bad idea!

in Revenant

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

Perhaps bc whole revenant class is badly programmed and we know who is responsible for that. Even 3rd mace chain strike is kittened and doesnt work with quickness. Or PT canceling teleport and going on cd (+energy..) cause on your way there was small stone yet guardian/mes/thief has no issues to teleport over the same path. Its not supposed to trigger multiple times, “someone” just kittened up

I think it has a lot to do with the garbo kitten lunge forward, if that wasn’t there and PT was a straight normal teleport it would be much better, but no, they had to make us lunge forward…maybe they did it for it to act a sort of telegraph to not make the utility too strong since it also gives unblockable but they could have added a clear animation of 1/4 or 1/2 a second before the port occurs to let people who are fighting the rev know a port is coming.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

This is intended, it’s brings more skill and thoughts to the skill other then spam fest no skill kitten spam on CD. you have to control your skill spamming when you see stacks of confusion or you can full heal yourself with infuse light with it…

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

This is intended, it’s brings more skill and thoughts to the skill other then spam fest no skill kitten spam on CD. you have to control your skill spamming when you see stacks of confusion or you can full heal yourself with infuse light with it…

You keep posting this “intended” bs without any source.. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unrelenting_Assault
Wiki agrees with it being a bug.
How about we change HB to trigger confusion 10 times?

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

It’s a bug.
My guess is that it is triggering per skill activation it’s just that the use of the skill and every single port/slash is a separate skill activation therefore 6 confusion ticks.
They would have to make the UA port/slash a exception for confusion and that probably isn’t easy to do…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

He seems to think people using this one skill is considered spam, so they deserve to be insta-gibbed. Meanwhile, the condi user they’re fighting can spam all their skills without consequence. Infuse Light will spare you a few seconds though, so I guess that makes it even some how.

in Revenant

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

It’s a single skill, it should trigger confusion once.

If there were a way to stop the skill once it activates, then proccing confusion on each hit might be more reasonable, but there’s not, so it shouldn’t.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Revenant

Posted by: Goosekilla.2796

Goosekilla.2796

This is how confusion used to work…

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]