V Tablet needs to be a back piece

in Revenant

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Tablet is awful for wvw play and is completely clunky in other game modes too. The need to have the tablet manually controlled makes most rev players not even want to touch it… This game was built with fast paced movement oriented combat in mind, and it makes zero sense why the tablet was designed this way in the first place…

Devs, do you all want more build diversity and to move away from the “unhealthy zerker meta” more? Then please fix this so playing support can be fun, fast paced and viable in all game modes.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Revenant

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

It isn’t awful just hard to get used to. Well tbh I got used to it the moment I used it.

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

It isn’t awful just hard to get used to. Well tbh I got used to it the moment I used it.

The current tablet design would fit better in wow or something, not gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

It’s an unusual mechanic but I think it’s a great one. It allows the rev to stay away from combat while still doing significant healing. This is why so many traits focus on increasing outgoing healing to allies. But, I prefer a more selfish setup because my healing is high enough on allies and more often than not, I’m being focused lol.

in Revenant

Posted by: allias.1420

allias.1420

Tablet is awful for wvw play and is completely clunky in other game modes too. The need to have the tablet manually controlled makes most rev players not even want to touch it… This game was built with fast paced movement oriented combat in mind, and it makes zero sense why the tablet was designed this way in the first place…

Devs, do you all want more build diversity and to move away from the “unhealthy zerker meta” more? Then please fix this so playing support can be fun, fast paced and viable in all game modes.

Have you even tried it yet? I would say it’s a better option that auramncer right now and that is saying a lot. Being able to heal from a distance is incredibly useful in sticky situations when there’s lots of aoe dmg going on. The added alacrity just makes things that much better. Hell, even I would rather have a ventari over a druid in my team. Seriously, just give it a shot and then give us your feedback.

in Revenant

Abelisk.4527

Have you even tried it yet? I would say it’s a better option that auramncer right now and that is saying a lot. Being able to heal from a distance is incredibly useful in sticky situations when there’s lots of aoe dmg going on. The added alacrity just makes things that much better. Hell, even I would rather have a ventari over a druid in my team. Seriously, just give it a shot and then give us your feedback.

Plus it heals while CC’d

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

Hi peeps,

I’m not trying to be rude, but please take your tablet rev to wvw and record your sessions. Come back and show your video of the amazingly clunky and useless tablet in action.

Thanks!

Edit- This is what the tablet is like in competitive play… Imagine if the devs changed it so rangers had to manually move their pets in combat… Yeah.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Revenant

allias.1420

Tell that to my 10 streak win in sPvP. Lucky or good build? You tell me.

in Revenant

Abelisk.4527

And my 9 win streak

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

Go wvw my friend and record your session for us to watch. Come back and show us how it worked out.

Edit- and funny how your response seems to oppose a huge qol improvement, one that allows the ventari to focus on other elements as opposed to playing with the tablet half the time.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Revenant

allias.1420

There is one already, check it out.

in Revenant

Swagger.1459

There is one already, check it out.

That’s looks bad and clunky, because it is. Back tablet would function far better.

in Revenant

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yeah, no. He was keeping the frontline topped off quite well with ease. That wouldn’t have been possible if he were present in the frontline himself.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Revenant

allias.1420

IMO, his build and playstyle isn’t even optimal. I reckon with practice you could do a much better job than what’s shown in the video. But that’s understandable since the patch has just been released and people are still getting used to it.

Believe me though, with practice you will be able to multitask; manipulate the tablet’s position while delivering sweet heals and keeping yourself a good distance from the enemy, meaning you should be safe and sound. Just what more can you ask for, come on!!

in Revenant

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Oh, I thought this thread was going to be about wanting a ventari’s tablet backpack skin and I was all set to thoroughly support the request.

Never mind then.

in Revenant

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

Oh, I thought this thread was going to be about wanting a ventari’s tablet backpack skin and I was all set to thoroughly support the request.

Never mind then.

I’m totally in favour of this!