Vengeful Hammers turning itself off?

in Revenant

Posted by: Cell.6821

Cell.6821

Q:

Hey all,

Just wondering if it’s intended that Vengeful Hammers turn itself off when an enemy dies. I’m running WvW with it and when I turn it on in a group of enemies, it gets turned off automatically once someone dies. This happened consistently and I’m sure it wasn’t because I was out of energy.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varkros.4158

Varkros.4158

It could have hit a wall or rock. It hates walls and will turn off if hitting them. Some large rocks do this as well.

in Revenant

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

One of the many Revenant ability bugs, if the hammers hit a wall or anything really they turn off.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cell.6821

Cell.6821

I’m not hitting any walls though. I notice this happening in WvW when taking camps, sentries, towers, etc.

Basically every time the experience pop up after you kill an enemy appears, it turns itself off even though there are 10 others still alive. I have to watch and keep turning it on.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I’ve noticed facets turning themselves off pretty regularly as well. I lightly suspect it could be changing levels in core tyria via downscaling, the same bug that messed up necro minions a while ago.

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I would submit a legit bug report just in case Roy does not see this, however this has been brought up on the forums a few times so it is becoming more common. And hammers are being turned off after to bash your enemies skulls in.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nerthus.3592

Nerthus.3592

yeah, happens to me all the time during wvw…it’s most important skill for wvw zerg fights and still not fixed(bug from Beta events)…hope it’ll get fixed in the next patch.

in Revenant

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

I had no problem with this skill until i bound it to something else..now it does this all the time. So annoying. Just use Shiro.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

It’s been doing this quite a lot to me this morning on my Revenant. It doesn’t matter if you hit walls or if you’re no where near any objects, it turns itself off very quickly, it’s not a double tap issue either.

It’s very strange, hopefully it gets fixed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

It’s been doing this quite a lot to me this morning on my Revenant. It doesn’t matter if you hit walls or if you’re no where near any objects, it turns itself off very quickly, it’s not a double tap issue either.

It’s very strange, hopefully it gets fixed.

When you say very quickly, do you mean less than a second? Did it do that every time? If so, try switching legends and switching back. Had you just used a waypoint right before that happened?

in Revenant

Nerthus.3592

In PvP I don’t have time to switch legends to fix bugs(it didn’t help anyway) and waypoint have nothing to do with it too.

For example:
Eternal Battlegrounds, killing Champion in a tower, hammers work well…we went to another tower, killing Champion but hammers auto deactivates itself before they even manage to deal some dmg..have no idea why this is happening because towers are identical and it happens to me too often, not just in towers…really annoying.

in Revenant

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

Boxes, chairs, damageable structures, walls, uneven ground, and probably more… all of the aforementioned things will cause the hammers to turn off on their own if they come into contact with them. At least that’s what I’ve seen so far.

in Revenant

Nerthus.3592

True, but thing is, that sometimes they turn off on their own even without collision with walls, rocks, chairs etc, like it was in EB towers: I stand in the middle of the room, floor is flat and walls are too far.

in Revenant

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

That’s odd. I can’t say I’ve had the problem thus far. I’ll have to keep an eye out for it next time I run Jalis.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

In PvP I don’t have time to switch legends to fix bugs(it didn’t help anyway) and waypoint have nothing to do with it too.

I didn’t say you should. I am merely trying to see if something odd that happened to me the other day is happening to anyone else.