Ventari Protective Solace Bug

in Revenant

Posted by: AtMango.3106

AtMango.3106

When switching to another legend while having protective solace active will not correctly cancel the absorb field, leaving it there but invisible. The invisible field lasts for about 40 seconds after switching, and works as a combo field and absorbs projectiles. Works in and out of combat, any level and with any legend/Ventari. This bug has been there since the first revenant stress test.
I recorded a video to make it a bit more clear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=660pkFMyt-E

in Revenant

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

When soloing Lupi, this added effect of Protective Solace made the fight much faster from phase 2 onward. However, I didn’t like how long the effect lingered and without any visual indication that it was still up. I really hope they fix this, because I feel like a bit of a cheater whenever I swap to Ventari.

The skill Protective Solace is described as having a 20 second duration. This leaves a light field and absorbs projectiles within a 240 radius.
The skill Diminish Solace is described as a method to collapse the barrier, and the light field with it.

I really think Protective Solace should keep a lingering effect after being summoned, but only for the rest of the 20 second duration and with a visual indication that the shield is still up. The lingering field cannot be moved with the tablet if the tablet is no longer active, which is a fair trade in my opinion since HoT content requires much more mobility with advanced AI.
I still see Diminish Solace as still being useful in this case by eliminating the light field if needed so that other fields can be blasted without the light field interfering.

Overall, I definitely want this to be fixed, but I personally feel like the skill deserves a lingering effect and visual indicator of aforementioned effect.

Golden shackles are still golden.

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

Thanks, this was something brought up to me over the weekend and I’ll be looking into fixing it.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Can you comment on the hammer bugs?

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

What bugs are you talking about?

in Revenant

Posted by: momistah.2053

momistah.2053

What bugs are you talking about?

Seems like some of the hammer skills have wonky range.

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Roy. Im sorry for any Rev hate I may have posted in the past ,it is now one of my fav professions. I beg for your forgiveness

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

I’ll look into some of the range issues.

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Sometimes the staff 4 heal doesn’t remove conditions, I am not 100% sure what causes it Roy. May have happened when the skill moved from a stationary to mobile one.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

I’ll look into some of the range issues.

Thanks!

Kodiak X – Blackgate