Ventari compared to shout elementalist

in Revenant

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

How does a ventari rev do compared to a shout elementalist?
I have played alot of succesfull games as a shout elementalist, which can heal allies pretty well and keep up, even when focused.
Then I thought, could Ventari not do the same, with less effort (not having to juggle through 4 stance, auras etc., even though it is the fun part aswell) with both more armour and health (tier 3 / 2 vs tier 1).
Plus alot of condi cleanse without burning shouts.

So before jumping in and fiddling with it, I want to hear your experience.
I’ve seen a vid, and actually considering taking Hammer instead of sword/shield.
Still using staff, but trying to be a backline healer (as ele you are in the fray:/).

in Revenant

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Not really. Everything I’ve seen of Ventari (and Rev support legends in general) is geared toward passive or upkeep functionality, while Ele is built for Burst functionality (and field combo juggling). Almost all of that comes from their attunement rotation canter, as Eles are effectively never on cool down, and simply oscillate between build functions.

Since Combat in GW2 heavily favors bursting (in both PvP and PvE), upkeep abilities (like Soothing mist and regeneration) only serve to counter act off-focus damage sources…. But when things get dicey, if you have no source of burst recovery/healing/cleanse, the cumulative effects of multiple damage sources turn into a burst, and can easily wipe you out before upkeep based healing/support can act on them.

Thats a huge reason why Revs have permanent-passive support functions; as its designed to raise the bar to down a player, but not really designed to mitigate burst damage in the way Guardians do. Its the same conceptual difference between Protection and Aegis boons. Prot improves your endurance, but can’t stop overwhelming damage; while Aegis prevents a single blow, and hoping that was the brunt of the damage. If Eles were a Boon, it would be “Out of Combat healing”…. because if nothing is harassing them, they’re kitten near unstoppable.

But one thing you’ll notice is that Revs can’t juggle roles, while Eles as a design concept are essentially made for it. So expect to be disappointed with Ventari, unless you’re in a niche situation, and the rest of the team are built around you.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

But one thing you’ll notice is that Revs can’t juggle roles, while Eles as a design concept are essentially made for it. So expect to be disappointed with Ventari, unless you’re in a niche situation, and the rest of the team are built around you.

I’m not so sure I agree with you on juggling roles, depending on the situation of course. As an example, I play a hybrid build, using Glint and Mallyx. When I’m with my group, I have glint on in boonbot role and using the elite for CC. When I need to go damage, I switch to Mallyx. Similarly, if need to tank, I might switch out Glint with Jalis. On rare occasion, I’ll use Ventari for area control or (laughably) heal, condi cleanse, and projectile block.

I will agree that Ventari healing is disappointing. However, I’ve never maxed out my HP stats either.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i can upload some video if you want my rev can press move tablet + 7 heal my allies for 11k hp i run 2k healing power 155.5% out going healing if everything popped

in Revenant

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

I’m not so sure I agree with you on juggling roles, depending on the situation of course. As an example, I play a hybrid build, using Glint and Mallyx. When I’m with my group, I have glint on in boonbot role and using the elite for CC. When I need to go damage, I switch to Mallyx. Similarly, if need to tank, I might switch out Glint with Jalis. On rare occasion, I’ll use Ventari for area control or (laughably) heal, condi cleanse, and projectile block.

I will agree that Ventari healing is disappointing. However, I’ve never maxed out my HP stats either.

I meant within a single build. Eles naturally have a bit of everything, as certain build features are tied more directly with the attunments then the weapons themselves. Burns and Damage in fire; Heals, chills cleanse in water; Protection, Bleed, CCs in Earth, and Blinds, Stuns, Speed in air. Regardless of their overall build, they’re always stacking condi, stacking boons, and have access to lots of AOEs.

The only other class that streamlines that well is the Guardian; and is more or less the reason both classes are in almost every group meta.

Going back to Year One, Dagger/Dagger was an insanely powerful build where you traded some raw DPS for a huge amount of utility and survivability. Dungeon groups used to hate it, but often times I’d be the only one standing…. and that was back when dungeons were actually hard, and the speed meta hadn’t set in yet.

(edited by starlinvf.1358)

in Revenant

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Revs in Ventari and geared towards healing have pretty insane burst healing and their passive healing isn’t to far behind an ele that ops to take the soothing waters grandmaster buff. I’d say the hardest thing is landing the heals on moving teammates

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Revs in Ventari and geared towards healing have pretty insane burst healing and their passive healing isn’t to far behind an ele that ops to take the soothing waters grandmaster buff. I’d say the hardest thing is landing the heals on moving teammates

It’s just that you get crapped on vs opponents who use CC and you have to reduce your healing output to almost 0 in order to provide boon support/counter to condi dps.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

I have played alot of succesfull games as a shout elementalist, which can heal allies pretty well and keep up, even when focused.
Then I thought, could Ventari not do the same, with less effort (not having to juggle through 4 stance, auras etc., even though it is the fun part aswell) with both more armour and health (tier 3 / 2 vs tier 1).

I’ve seen a vid, and actually considering taking Hammer instead of sword/shield.
Still using staff, but trying to be a backline healer (as ele you are in the fray:/).

Stick with Elementalist, a Ventari Rev can never beat an Auramancer in healing/support.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hwarang.4789

Hwarang.4789

i can upload some video if you want my rev can press move tablet + 7 heal my allies for 11k hp i run 2k healing power 155.5% out going healing if everything popped

Please do. Interested. Greatly.

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Please do. Interested. Greatly.

Me as well. I tried a full healing power spec once in WvW, food and all, and it was very underwhelming as a ventari rev.

in Revenant

Taobella.6597

i can show you one of AI training week i completely sick threw the raid so i look like garbage in healing aspect it most current one i have there older one on my channel i try get some good one up this week.

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

The main problem with ventari is the scaling, the lackluster traits, no stunbreak, no tablet summon on legend swap and that its mandatory for the rev to stay next to the tablet. Eles can move freely while supporting and can tank at the same time with the sustain (as far as possible with this health pool). Rev are vulnerable when helping others except they stay next to the tablet.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Revenant

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Isn’t the scaling actually pretty great due to the trait?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Traits that provide scaling are mandatory for Ventari users – that means that even though some traits in Salvation are cool and provide decent options,you have to ignore them in favor of the traits which increase the scaling of healing done to others.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

It’s just that you get crapped on vs opponents who use CC and you have to reduce your healing output to almost 0 in order to provide boon support/counter to condi dps.

Theres way too much CC tbh. Black desert online used to have the kind of CC this game has then they changed it so that if you get cc’d, you cant again for 3-4 seconds.

in Revenant

Taobella.6597

here a new tablet

video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUvFCiOabbo&feature=youtu.be

just 1 long fight thought i would share.

in Revenant

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I hate to say it, but ventari and druid are horrible for movement based combat healing. Ele is not much better, but the best on the move. Overall, anet made horrible support roles and skills in this game, some of the worst I’ve ever experienced.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

I hate to say it, but ventari and druid are horrible for movement based combat healing. Ele is not much better, but the best on the move. Overall, anet made horrible support roles and skills in this game, some of the worst I’ve ever experienced.

Druid is mobile with staff, and ventari can command the tablet. Problem is that druid has 1 movement skill on a weapon and not on CAF. And vebtari sacrifices self sustain when you help people in a little area. Ele has just better AoE support which makes it more reliable and it has not to be primarely focussed on support do buff and support allies in some way.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Revenant

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Druid is mobile with staff, and ventari can command the tablet. Problem is that druid has 1 movement skill on a weapon and not on CAF. And vebtari sacrifices self sustain when you help people in a little area. Ele has just better AoE support which makes it more reliable and it has not to be primarely focussed on support do buff and support allies in some way.

“Movement based combat healing”, as in, healing moving allies… Gw2 support roles suck to support moving players. The worst support skill designs in any mmo, that I’ve played, that had support roles.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.