Ventari feedback and suggestions.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I think you missed my thread ;o

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: ArkofLeight.3746

ArkofLeight.3746

I think the biggest problem with the ventari skill line is that it keeps giving you +% healing to allies… when exactly two legends out of the five have anything to do with that and one of them is mostly regeneration pulses. I’d reverse the tablet control and have it follow, with the #6 skill working like ranger’s “Guard!” to specify points.

And for god’s sake, have it do something other than heal. Healing is cool and all, but you have to trait in CC and kitten.
Dorfmans does
>Condi removal + Retaliation
>Stability
>Taunt/slow
>AOE damage and damage mitigation
>Absurd damage mitigation
Shiro does
>Basic healans
>Stunbreak on super low cooldown
>Some unblockable thing and engage
>Get a crapton of a thing everyone else has to pay out the nose to get
>AOE hard CC
Meanwhile, our friend the horseman gets
>Heal
>Block projectiles which you can already do with the hammer
>Heal
>Heal and remove conditions
>Knock back I guess and you probably traited in the daze too also healing
With trait options to heal, heal, heal and heal.
He’s too focused, and focused on something that’s not very useful most of the time, at that.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I think you missed my thread ;o

I do. :p But I still care about Ventari balance.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

you probably traited in the daze too also healing

No sane person uses that trait.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

I think the biggest problem with the ventari skill line is that it keeps giving you +% healing to allies… when exactly two legends out of the five have anything to do with that and one of them is mostly regeneration pulses. I’d reverse the tablet control and have it follow, with the #6 skill working like ranger’s “Guard!” to specify points.

And for god’s sake, have it do something other than heal. Healing is cool and all, but you have to trait in CC and kitten.
Dorfmans does
>Stability
>Taunt/slow
Shiro does
>Basic healans
>AOE hard CC
>Heal
>Heal
He’s too focused, and focused on something that’s not very useful most of the time, at that.

Agree with your points, ventari needs more versatility, i thought about slow, immob/root instead of taunt because thats a jalis thing and no AoE dmg because that does not fit ventari. For boons we already have protection, swiftness and regen. Some stability, vigor and even a little bit of resistance.
Utility wise we need better controlability and remove the summon of the tablet. The teather idea could be something interesting to work with. Or teleport the tablet to your self after combat and follow you out of combat.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Revenant

Posted by: ArkofLeight.3746

ArkofLeight.3746

Agree with your points, ventari needs more versatility, i thought about slow, immob/root instead of taunt because thats a jalis thing and no AoE dmg because that does not fit ventari. For boons we already have protection, swiftness and regen. Some stability, vigor and even a little bit of resistance.
Utility wise we need better controlability and remove the summon of the tablet. The teather idea could be something interesting to work with. Or teleport the tablet to your self after combat and follow you out of combat.

The problem is the versatility. They can’t pack on too much healing or rev goes critical in PVP.
I’d say no stability, but a passive shenanigan around the tablet might be workable, like the 6th effect from superior rune of Hoelbrak. Either trait in or standard. Actually, I just noticed the lack of a stunbreaker, too.
For another weird idea, keep the protective solace combo field as Light, but whenever it’s not being used for that, have it be a water field? Or make the other abilities cycle through that. Something like the engi grenade kit, to pack more possible effects in on there.
Third try on weird stuff: Adjust numbers to work for constantly having it up, maybe even nerf them a little, BUT you and the tablet both do the effects. Double up if you’re next to the tablet.

in Revenant

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I think that Ventari just needs a stunbreak and that Energy expulsion energy cost gets lowered.

Give Energy Expulsion a stunbreak and lower the energy cost to 10. This way, Energy Expulsion becomes a panic skill. Then we can see Ventari being more viable. The sustain healing is there, but the stuns just makes it not viable.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

I think that Ventari just needs a stunbreak and that Energy expulsion energy cost gets lowered.

Give Energy Expulsion a stunbreak and lower the energy cost to 10. This way, Energy Expulsion becomes a panic skill. Then we can see Ventari being more viable. The sustain healing is there, but the stuns just makes it not viable.

Runeblade your sense of energy cost is as precise as always.

5/7

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Dorfmans does ->>> mate, who the actual kitten is Dorfman?
>Stability
>Taunt/slow
Shiro does
>Basic healans
>AOE hard CC
>Heal
>Heal

This is why I proposed on my first post that instead of a buff to %of healing done, as revenants we should have the ability to buff the amount of healing received by nearby allies (see the talents I designed on my 1st post, Ventari’s Embrace and the reworked Serene Rejuvenation).

Also the barrier from Centaur is better than the barrier from Hammer because it blocks projectile that come from the air (like ranger and dragonhunter bow #5).

Runeblade go back to page 1 and read my reasons againts having a tablet that follows you around…I am too lazy to go copy-paste right now. Also stun break on energy expulsion is a terrible ideea…the last thing you wanna do as Ventari is blow up the tablet while you still need it for heals or projectile defence. I would argue that the healing on EE needs to be buffed.

The problem is the versatility. They can’t pack on too much healing or rev goes critical in PVP.
I’d say no stability, but a passive shenanigan around the tablet might be workable, like the 6th effect from superior rune of Hoelbrak. Either trait in or standard. Actually, I just noticed the lack of a stunbreaker, too.
For another weird idea, keep the protective solace combo field as Light, but whenever it’s not being used for that, have it be a water field? Or make the other abilities cycle through that. Something like the engi grenade kit, to pack more possible effects in on there.
Third try on weird stuff: Adjust numbers to work for constantly having it up, maybe even nerf them a little, BUT you and the tablet both do the effects. Double up if you’re next to the tablet.

I actualy like your ideea about that buff similar to Superior Rune of Holebreak, very much, but the thing with double healing to the owner of the tablet doesn’t feel in line with the flavor of Ventari. I would argue that it would make more sense for them to put the water field on PE due to it’s animation, but in my redesign I put the water field elsewhere.

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

in Revenant

runeblade.7514

Runeblade go back to page 1 and read my reasons againts having a tablet that follows you around…I am too lazy to go copy-paste right now. Also stun break on energy expulsion is a terrible ideea…the last thing you wanna do as Ventari is blow up the tablet while you still need it for heals or projectile defence. I would argue that the healing on EE needs to be buffed.

I didn’t make any points of having the tablet following the player around. Therefore, I won’t need to read it.

Energy expulsion gives tons of healing anyways and Tablet summoning is fast casting anyways. But, I agree it should be the last thing. It is a panic skill that is there when you need it to be used. As a last thing to use, with the low cost, you can switch to the other legend when you run out of energy for healing. It makes the Ventari legend much more fluid and feel more like a part of the build instead of the complete build.

I made some variation of Ventari build. I had some success. I could survive longer as a bunker against many builds. but the biggest counter to my ventari builds are tons of interrupt and stuns.

in Revenant

runeblade.7514

Runeblade your sense of energy cost is as precise as always.

5/7

Being a sustain healer, I am always low on energy. Besides, Energy Expulsion cost me half of my utilities so the low energy cost is justified.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

I didn’t make any points of having the tablet following the player around. Therefore, I won’t need to read it.

Energy expulsion gives tons of healing anyways and Tablet summoning is fast casting anyways. But, I agree it should be the last thing. It is a panic skill that is there when you need it to be used. As a last thing to use, with the low cost, you can switch to the other legend when you run out of energy for healing. It makes the Ventari legend much more fluid and feel more like a part of the build instead of the complete build.

I made some variation of Ventari build. I had some success. I could survive longer as a bunker against many builds. but the biggest counter to my ventari builds are tons of interrupt and stuns.

… Being a sustain healer, I am always low on energy. Besides, Energy Expulsion cost me half of my utilities so the low energy cost is justified.

First off,sorry about that,it must have been someone else who probably edited his post by now. Also I had similar success when I started using Ventari in PvP and I always got screwed over by my inability to decide whether or not I should blow up the tablet. Other than that it was alright, despite the fact that I wasn’t using any healing amulet just so I can see how far I can get with the basic heals and it was mostly down to deciding whether or not I should keep solace up or hammer #4 skill to block projectiles.