Water Combat/Stance Issue?

in Revenant

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

So atm on land I am using Jalis/Ventari stances. Problem is, every time I enter water I have to choose different stances? The problem here is when I leave water the chosen water stances are saved and I have to change for land again – every time.

Will this get a fix? I main an engi and there are separate saved setups there for land and water why not for Rev?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I’m not sure I had that issue, but I did have to drag & drop the utility skills onto my blank bar.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Revenant

Posted by: Garimeth.8725

Garimeth.8725

May or may not be a bug, but last night i couldn’t put any of my Jalis stuff on my underwater bar.

in Revenant

DresdenAllblack.1249

That happened to me at first, but I went back in and it let me drag & drop.

It’s something with cooldowns, either the legends themselves or the utilities.

Just a guess, maybe I have no idea what I’m talking about lol.

Crystal Desert

in Revenant

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

I think we’re only able to use Shiro/Mallyx under water at the moment – haven’t unlocked Herald so I don’t know for that one.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

in Revenant

DresdenAllblack.1249

Ahh that makes sense. Only Shiro worked for me.

So horses can’t swim but demons can?

Crystal Desert

in Revenant

Posted by: KotCR.6024

KotCR.6024

I brought up this issue after BWE2 and again after BWE3. I knew ANet would be too lazy to address it. It makes me sad.

It’s fine if only Shiro and Mallyx work underwater, but ANet should make it so when you go underwater as a Revenant, that your chosen Legends automatically swap out to those two (then back to whatever else you had selected when you return to land), just like the way Rangers and their pets work underwater.

BWE3 Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Underwater-Revenant-Broken-ANET-Overlooked/first#post5570971

BWE2 Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Glint-utilities-not-available-in-underwater/first#post5465591

Can somebody like, nudge ANet and tell them to actually pay attention to these threads?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rikkado.7321

Rikkado.7321

Even Glint, our elite spec doesn’t work underwater, have to put on Facet’s before i enter, it’s crippling in high level stuff…(

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Only Shiro/Mallyx works which not sure why. Only Elements is ground targeted and it could be made to occur at the Revenant under water. Inspiring Reinforcements could have an alternate effect. Ventari, being entirely ground based, is problematic.

I’m hoping this was a “Roy ran out of time” issue and he plans to add Glint and Jalis under water.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Barracudas can be scary when half your bar is empty and your only weapon is condi-based and you’re specced for power.

Fish are mean.

in Revenant

Posted by: Soleiya Starbow.7013

Soleiya Starbow.7013

Just noticed this myself and went searching for an answer on the forum.

It does seem a bit limiting that only the “power” and “condition damage” specs are available underwater, but neither of the durable/support specs are. Haven’t gotten to try Glint yet, but if that’s also unavailable underwater (as someone above said), that’s even more disappointing.

However, from my perspective, that’s a separate issue from the problem of legends not automatically swapping from land to water setups when entering the water, and vice-versa. I agree, it should be exactly like Ranger pets, or the utility skill setups that all other classes use. Set up an underwater build once, and every time you go underwater, the game automatically equips those legends & utilities. Same when you go back on land.

Honestly, this “missing feature” feels very much like a bug (or something someone forgot to include in the code). As opposed to the limits on which legends will work underwater, which could be a “feature” (similar to how any utility or elite skill could be designated “land-only” on another class). We may not love the limitations, but I do think they make sense. A centaur is very land-based, as is a dwarf. Glint, however….one would think that a magic dragon would require the laws of physics to bend slightly…

in Revenant

Posted by: roman.6390

roman.6390

I’m sure when it came down to it, it was either a nicely polished class above water, or more bugs with the class and more underwater legends/skills. If that’s the case I’m fine with waiting for the rest of the underwater features since It’s not a huge part of the game, and from I’ve seen non-existant in HoT content

in Revenant

Posted by: Soleiya Starbow.7013

Soleiya Starbow.7013

Fair point, roman

in Revenant

Paulytnz.7619

Phew glad I was not imagining this. Really needs a fix. Once done I can happily play my Rev again!

In the mean time I guess it’s low lvl map completes lol..

in Revenant

KotCR.6024

I’m sure when it came down to it, it was either a nicely polished class above water, or more bugs with the class and more underwater legends/skills. If that’s the case I’m fine with waiting for the rest of the underwater features since It’s not a huge part of the game, and from I’ve seen non-existant in HoT content

Fair point, roman

Not really. So sacrificing the quality of the overall product just to leave a more positive first impression? Sounds like immoral marketting to me!

It being a usuable and decent quality on both land and water originally, would have been better than being perfect on land but practically unusuable underwater.

I mean, if you are attempting world completion, this basically means you are now locked into Shiro and Mallyx on land too, just incase you get dragged underwater mid-fight, which hurts the land gameplay experience too, so as a side-effect of ANet deciding to ignore Revenant’s underwater, they’ve also destroyed the ability to have a perfectly polished class on land too.

And honestly, how hard can it be to just let us record two different builds, one for land, and one for water, like every every other class? The functionality is already in the game, we see it on every other class, they just have to turn it on…

(edited by KotCR.6024)

in Revenant

Posted by: Akachi.1352

Akachi.1352

I have the same issue, this needs to get sorted asap!

in Revenant

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

It is pretty clear that they didn’t put much thought into underwater combat, which is understandable I suppose.

The first legend you get you can’t use underwater, which means if you use underwater combat early you don’t get a heal skill.

in Revenant

Paulytnz.7619

This really needs to be addressed. Can we some kind of official word on this please?

in Revenant

KotCR.6024

Just to update and put this back on the frontpage, as many other people have now also started a thread on this issue, I’ve posted a thread on it too in the bug/support forum, seems as I presume it is a bug, and was not intended for Revenant to have these gross inconsistancies with the way other classes work underwater.
If you can post your support here too, as maybe then ANet will finally take notice of these huge issue with the class and it’s incomplete mechanics:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Revenant-Underwater-Bugged-Inconsistant/first#post5681488

in Revenant

Paulytnz.7619

Thanks a lot KotCR, I was wondering if anyone had done so in the bugs forum. I thought surely by now someone has.