Posted by: AehAZE.1867

AehAZE.1867

Balls and Wieners

(edited by AehAZE.1867)

Well, I refuse to play Rev now...

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Oki doki. Going to be far too many revs anyways.

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I hope you realize that your defenses against conditions… really didn’t change much. It still relies on resistance from the trait. if anything, with the lower costs on the new UA and EtD, your “defenses” theoretically went up a smidge…

Your weakness to conditions didn’t do anything, all that changes was what you do WITH them, and it only ‘really’ changed in the form of EtD not COPYING them back. AFAIK, EtD never transfered them or removed them, so I’m not sure what you’re on about. Good luck though with your burn guard having very little resistance removal and getting smoked by Banish Enchantments.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I hope you realize that your defenses against conditions… really didn’t change much. It still relies on resistance from the trait. if anything, with the lower costs on the new UA and EtD, your “defenses” theoretically went up a smidge…

Your weakness to conditions didn’t do anything, all that changes was what you do WITH them, and it only ‘really’ changed in the form of EtD not COPYING them back. AFAIK, EtD never transfered them or removed them, so I’m not sure what you’re on about. Good luck though with your burn guard having very little resistance removal and getting smoked by Banish Enchantments.

I’ve seen a couple of threads like this and it’s funny because these forum warriors who are so personally offended by the change really seem to have no idea how Mallyx worked in the first place. Just as you describe, nothing about the change to Mallyx reduces defense against conditions. If anything it’s gone up.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I’ve seen a couple of threads like this and it’s funny because these forum warriors who are so personally offended by the change really seem to have no idea how Mallyx worked in the first place. Just as you describe, nothing about the change to Mallyx reduces defense against conditions. If anything it’s gone up.

Yeah definetly. We might have loose some flavor on mallyx, the displacement and the condicopy but our defense against condi is easier that before… sure we do not clense, we resist..i like that..only bit of flavour left on mallyx!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

we do not clense, we resist..i like that..only bit of flavour left on mallyx!

This. We take conditions and then laugh at the poor saps who think it will stop us.

Even Herald’s heal skill counters conditions pretty well.

All that said, I am kinda sad that Mallyx did lose some of his flavor. I really liked being able to load up with condies and then go super saiyan and send them all back.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

The nerf to Mallyx is absurd.. We were far to susceptible to conditions as it was, Now we are virtually defenseless against them. You would think with such a ridiculous nerf and many talents / traits getting reworked, That we would have gotten some sort of cleanse to make up for it, But sadly that’s not the case.

Rev is far to squishy to try and “Wait” out conditions.

I am going to roll a burn guardian named “I destroy Revs”. I’m going to join PVP / WVW games and single handedly troll whatever rev I see all game. I’m gonna port in, Stack my 10-15 stacks of burning then run off doing /laugh over and over while they chase me until they fall because they cant cleanse my OP burns. Then Im going to finish them with my unicorn finisher and tea bag their faces until they respawn. Then repeat…

It’s not so much the problem with dealing with surviving against condis, it’s that we can’t use condis now. It got a nerf in damage by a lot.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

Posted by: Griffith.7238

Griffith.7238

I absolutely love all the people calling this a “Nerf”. It was in every aspect a buff to Mallyx. Mallyx lost flavor that is it. It didn’t lose but purely gained in the effectiveness department.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

You know what? I really LOVE the class and i’m not myself going to reroll every second coz of nerf and ups like just 60% of the community. I don’t love the changes to mallyx too (i was loving the condition eater vibe. The unique flavor of this masochistic legend) but at first i’m going to see it in BWE3, i’m beliving in roy who made so much awesome things for the class. Well i’m myself no going to play other thing that this class even if it’s nerfed to the ground or up to summit coz i love history of Tyria,i love gw1 and i love ritualist. If you’re really don’t love or agree with these changes and want to play other class coz of that maybe revenant is don’t for you and i hope you can find a other class you really love.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I’ll meet your guardian with my Mallyx/Glint Rev and use those stacks of burning to heal myself to full health then apply resistance and burst you down with a combination of Embrace the Darkness and Unrelenting Assault once I remove your blocks.

Revenants are weak to conditions but we’re strong against idiots.

/Game and thread.

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Don’t then. Lots of other professions. I’m sure one of them will fit your tastes.

It’s beta still. It’s not like they released the class and suddenly changed it around when people bought items for it already or something.

Thematically Master of Torment fits more than Master of Corruption if you read lore about Mallyx.

(edited by Killyox.3950)

in Revenant

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Don’t then. Lots of other professions. I’m sure one of them will fit your tastes.

It’s beta still. It’s not like they released the class and suddenly changed it around when people bought items for it already or something.

Thematically Master of Torment fits more than Master of Corruption if you read lore about Mallyx.

mechanics as well.

he did punish conditions on him by healing, but he even moreso punished enchantments on players.

plus, he applied torment CONSTANTLY via his spirits

in Revenant

Killyox.3950

Well, at least he can still rip boons through trait + banish enchantement skills + banish trait. So it may be nice combo to use BE manually after it also procced from trait for 6 quick confusion stacks.

I am looking forward to next BWE either way. Shiro with shield will be even better, Ventari will be even stronger and Mallyx is to be seen.

(edited by Killyox.3950)

in Revenant

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

We can now at least easily cap Torment duration with Runes of Tormenting + our passive and any food :>

Sorry, but how did the changes to Mallyx have anything to do with it? you always were able to cap Torment Duration with 45% from Runes, the 33% from the Trait and Food/whatever.

in Revenant

Killyox.3950

We can now at least easily cap Torment duration with Runes of Tormenting + our passive and any food :>

Sorry, but how did the changes to Mallyx have anything to do with it? you always were able to cap Torment Duration with 45% from Runes, the 33% from the Trait and Food/whatever.

Tbh I have no idea what I was thinking about when I wrote that part of my post.

I think I meant that the effectiveness (end power result) of it will be more or less better due to increases in torment duration (base ones) across the board for mallyx.

That or I simply worded that part of post poorly.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The nerf to Mallyx is absurd.. We were far to susceptible to conditions as it was, Now we are virtually defenseless against them. You would think with such a ridiculous nerf and many talents / traits getting reworked, That we would have gotten some sort of cleanse to make up for it, But sadly that’s not the case.

Rev is far to squishy to try and “Wait” out conditions.

I am going to roll a burn guardian named “I destroy Revs”. I’m going to join PVP / WVW games and single handedly troll whatever rev I see all game. I’m gonna port in, Stack my 10-15 stacks of burning then run off doing /laugh over and over while they chase me until they fall because they cant cleanse my OP burns. Then Im going to finish them with my unicorn finisher and tea bag their faces until they respawn. Then repeat…

I see I am first, so…

Can I have your stuff?

https://youtu.be/unRldLdllZ8

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

Tbh I have no idea what I was thinking about when I wrote that part of my post.

I think I meant that the effectiveness (end power result) of it will be more or less better due to increases in torment duration (base ones) across the board for mallyx.

That or I simply worded that part of post poorly.

If you were thinking “Well Mallyx can now throw even more Torment around than before” then i agree.

The Changes to #9 and #0 are awesome for Torment application. But that is the Problem i now have with the Revenant. Before those changes, Mallyx was not needed for Torment application, all you needed was Corruption and Mace. I was happy that i could throw around Torment with Mace/Shield + Staff and Ventari/Glint without gimping myself by not using Mallyx.

Now, it would be foolish to not take Mallyx for a Torment Focus, but then i would either have to drop Ventari (I use Healing/Condi Hybrid Gear) OR I have to drop Glint, which will remove 20% Crit Chance and Perma Swiftness so i would crawl around Tyria with Ventari/Mallyx.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I mean, they didn’t remove a single condition management trait. You’re going to port in and do 10-15 stacks of Burns and the Revenant is just going to do Pain Absorption and be immune to your conditions for a few seconds till they fall off or heal and be immune to condis again for a few seconds after. In fact due to the change with Pestilence, you’re even more likely when applying your 10-15 stacks of burn to apply them to yourself.

The difference is now when you encounter a player who ISN’T stacking a lot of Condis then you will perform better against them in Mallyx as well.

While I’ve certainly lost most of my desire to play Mallyx it’s more due to the fact it’s no longer a complete tool set that had “everything” (previously had condi, condi copy, resistance, boon strip, AND cc with displacement) but there are plenty of other viable alternatives.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I’m honestly tired of this Mallyx whine. I had decided to basically never use Mallyx outside PvP and roaming, but now I’m probably going to use Mallyx/Glint over Glint/Shiro.

UA was a nerf, ok, but a needed one.

Everithing else is simply better. It may have lost SOME flavour, but before Mallyx was a PvP-only legend. No group content (or even pvp teamfight) was fit for Mallyx. Only solo play or roaming.
PvE mobs don’t put enough conditions on you and every group contant with a Guardian or an Elementalist basically screws your whole strategy, clearing all the condis on you.

Mallyx is still pretty unique, with strong torment (that will be almost like a burning with the upcoming trait) and lots of resistance. It’s the only thing in the game that is not made to deal with conditions by clearing them, but resisting them.

If the condi output is low, just give feedback and it will be increased. Maybe.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rygg.6237

Rygg.6237

I’m honestly tired of this Mallyx whine. I had decided to basically never use Mallyx outside PvP and roaming, but now I’m probably going to use Mallyx/Glint over Glint/Shiro.

UA was a nerf, ok, but a needed one.

Everithing else is simply better. It may have lost SOME flavour, but before Mallyx was a PvP-only legend. No group content (or even pvp teamfight) was fit for Mallyx. Only solo play or roaming.
PvE mobs don’t put enough conditions on you and every group contant with a Guardian or an Elementalist basically screws your whole strategy, clearing all the condis on you.

Mallyx is still pretty unique, with strong torment (that will be almost like a burning with the upcoming trait) and lots of resistance. It’s the only thing in the game that is not made to deal with conditions by clearing them, but resisting them.

If the condi output is low, just give feedback and it will be increased. Maybe.

You nailed it, IMO condi output it’s not really a problem, the problem is that Confusion and torment are useless in about 70% of PvE situations, mostly because mobs don’t kite your attacks, don’t move often and they don’t spam autoattack as players do, the main problem with Malyx is that it lost synergy with half of the traitline that is meant to enhance it because of the change to the legend mechanics, it also is basically an all purpose bunker now, the problem is that it’s not gonna hit as hard as d/d ele, but it won’t be as weak as bunker guard, it might be about Shoutbow durability or even sturdier but with no insta res for your team.