What Race Will You Play? (Rev)

in Revenant

Posted by: Mr Seven.1083

Mr Seven.1083

Personally I can’t decide between a norn or a charr.
>>> http://www.poll-maker.com/poll400398x326043c7-15 <<< Here is a poll to see what everyone picks.

Noblesse oblige.

in Revenant

Posted by: quacthulhu.2546

quacthulhu.2546

Norn lady for me, because I already have a Guardian Charr and a Warrior Sylvari, the only other heavy armor skins I like are Norn. I kinda like Asura heavy but it feels so silly to me, those little gnometrolls being tanks…

Character Slot avoided Riot.
- – - — -- — – - -

in Revenant

Posted by: Enrif.7359

Enrif.7359

Male Human
Female Norn
Male Sylvari

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaligos.7285

Kaligos.7285

Human Female, because of the skins and Charr Male, because of Rytlock

“Sharpen your blades and guard your vitals! I’m back!” – Rytlock Brimstone

in Revenant

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Asura male because Asura tier 3 racial heavy armor is probably my favorite armor in the whole game. Plus it’ll look amazing if I ever finish Juggernaut.

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Charr because there is no other option. Charr supremacy.
I’m kinda surprised they’re the ones winning the poll atm

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Sylvari. I have enough humans

in Revenant

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

The only two race/gender combinations I’m missing at the moment are human female and asura male. Though I haven’t really thought about if I can find a human female heavy armour look that fits my concept or not, and I agree that asura heavy t3 looks great, I just can’t see revenant suiting an asura.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

Really want to make a Charr but not sure I can find a backpiece to work properly.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Charr Mustard Race!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I wanted to do male norn because I have no male heavy armor and want my rev to look big and intimidating since I don’t have anything like that yet. I might make a second one of something else just because.

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

90% Human, 10% Charr.

in Revenant

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

Asura male
/15 chars

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

I agree, I like the Asura T3 armor. But I have an Asura warrior, and I often find the small size and animations harder to see, which is aesthetically less pleasing to me especially for melee. For now I am deciding between male Sylvari and male Norn.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

I already have two of every race except the asura, so rev will be a little rat. Which is nice, since they’re the race that looks best in heavy armor imo.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Toss-up between asura and charr, depending on whose animations I end up liking better. Or maybe I’ll just make both.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Asura Female. I’ve had a terrible time really getting into an Asura character and playing them past the early levels, but this will be the one, methinks. Also love the Asura hammer animations hefting it onto & back off their shoulder.

in Revenant

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

Asura male for PvP. Because Rev seems to get focused in PvP. Asura seems to go un noticed more often and any reason to reduce general aggro the better lol

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

This is a popular topic. This is the fourth thread I’ve seen on it. Though to the OP, the other threads have been buried so no worries opening another.

My answer is Sylvari. I like the color and glow options, night time will have more significance so the glow will likely be noticeable, and lore wise Rytlock has shown distrust to Sylvari in the trailers, and I like the idea of him training a Sylvari in his new profession

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Revenant

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Male Human most likely.

I main an Asura, and my other two heavy armors are Norn/Charr. I just don’t like Sylvari, so looking for something different.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Revenant

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

My current breakdown in terms of armor class / race / gender is…

Charr Medium Male
Charr Medium Female
Charr Light Male
Sylvari Heavy Female
Sylvari Light Male
Asura Light Male

So basically, when thinking about Revenant specifically, I already have a character that uses the heavy armor female visuals. I already have 3 Charr and 2 Sylvari. So the clear gap that I need to fill is Asura. Gives me a 2nd Asura which I’m lacking compared to the other races, and a character that uses the male heavy armor models which I currently have none of.

So Asura for race, and since I already have a male Asura I’ll be going female with my Revenant.

in Revenant

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Female sylvari. This puts me at a 4/3 gender ratio, female centered, though. But… I just don’t want to play a char or a male asura.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Revenant

Posted by: ProphecyWillow.5426

ProphecyWillow.5426

Honestly I’m going to be playing a female Norn.

Personally I am looking at it from a lore and story telling point of view. Yes, technically Rytlock is the first revenant in official lore for GW2 but personally looking at the personal story options for each race and the lore behind them I feel like the Norn just makes sense.

In very basic terms the Norn are already used to communing with spirits, after all the revere and respect the Spirits of the Wild. Beyond that their Shamans and Havrouns can actually open portals to the mists and the “protecting the mists” personal story line implies that they do so often. So lore wise it just seems to make the most sense to me.

If I get lucky Anet might even let a Norn Revenant banter a bit with the legends she invokes about how to properly build her own legend.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I have three level 80 charr already and only one sylvari, so my revanant will likely be my second fruity adventurer.

Plus the idea of a wandering sylvari staff fighter who channels Ventari himself feels very right. A prophet of the most influential figure in sylvari society. Or channeling Glint, yet another former minion of an Elder Dragon, as one of the few beings that might be able to lend advice on how to deal with the realization of what he really is.

(edited by Ehecatl.9172)

in Revenant

Posted by: ProphecyWillow.5426

ProphecyWillow.5426

I have three level 80 charr already and only one sylvari, so my revanant will likely be my second fruity adventurer.

Plus the idea of a wandering sylvari staff fighter who channels Ventari himself feels very right. A prophet of the most influential figure in sylvari society. Or channeling Glint, yet another former minion of an Elder Dragon, as one of the few beings that might be able to lend advice on how to deal with the realization of what he really is.

I will admit, as much as i favor the idea of Norn revenants for lore based reasoning, i LOVE your explanation for playing a sylvari revenant I had never considered how fitting a Sylvari channeling Glint would be!

in Revenant

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Probably Sylvari. Main reason is because it would be funny to be able to hear both the voices of the legends and Mordremom.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Revenant

Posted by: Lemondish.3268

Lemondish.3268

I’m leaning Human for race, but I haven’t chosen the gender yet.

I really like how human females look in heavy armor, but I’m also a huge fan of Nolan North, so the decision is impossible.

I have a banked Total Makeover Kit, though, so I guess I can always change that decision as long as the name I pick is gender neutral lol.

in Revenant

Posted by: Adhoccs.7658

Adhoccs.7658

Im not sure yet. Im stucking between Human male and Norn (smallest one) male.
Does somebody know if we can use racial skills like snow leopard on the rev? I want to roam with my rev so i think it could be useful to have

in Revenant

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

At the moment, female human. I didn’t realise how great some of the armours are on the female human version (I have a Norn Warrior and Charr Guardian before you asked).

I was going to make an female Asura Revenant for the jumping puzzle advantage (for me) but I can never get a good armour combo going (and when I thought heavy armour look bad on a Charr!). Well ok I got one good armor combo but one of the armours is from the gem store.

in Revenant

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Male Norn, don’t have one of those yet.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Revenant

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

Male sylvari, have his name saved, look picked out, and gear ready to go. Now just waiting on the 23 of October

in Revenant

Posted by: WindGodGirl.6405

WindGodGirl.6405

Female Sylvari.

Gotta hear the voice of Mordy as I put a sword through his eye.

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Still debating between Male Norn and Male Human.

Never noticed till last beta, that Male Norn have very few options for young smooth faces.

in Revenant

Posted by: caerulean.4837

caerulean.4837

Hm. I was certain that I wanted a male sylvari, as they’re my favourite race and the revenant will definitely be my main I think. But then I realized how many sylvari characters I already have, and now I have no idea which race I’ll pick. All I know is it won’t be charr or asura.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Human. Just because all the armor fits right.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in Revenant

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Sylvari female. I already have a human, Norn, charr and asuran heavy, that leaves Sylvari.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in Revenant

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

All of my characters are Charr
20 something Charr Mesmer as well not included in photo

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

Human Female, I have no Female characters yet, so this will be my first – and I like the bonus short hair style with the Eye cover with the Human in the Additional options provided by the Hair stylist kit

in Revenant

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

I have an asura thief, asura ele, asura engi, asura mesmer, asura guardian, sylvary necro, human ranger, human thief. Guess what the reve will be :P?

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

90% Human, 10% Charr.

Gross x-species xD

Anyway 100% charr. Embrace the darkness animation and staff got me sold.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Mr Seven.1083

Mr Seven.1083

This is a popular topic. This is the fourth thread I’ve seen on it. Though to the OP, the other threads have been buried so no worries opening another.

Ya I didn’t see anything about it for days so I decided I’d make one and see for myself. Depressed to see so many people voting for human…too many of them.

Noblesse oblige.

in Revenant

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I’m thinking now a male norn and a female asura. For the contrast. I love rev so much I want 2. Only one I’ll be goin to 80 with to start at least.