What Ventari is missing

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

So a lot of people have mixed opinions of ventari as a stance right now. A lot of people are still figuring some things out. I attempted to post my feedback in the official thread, and suggest one thing that ventari desperately needs but the thread locked. I think the spec is in an amazing state and will be super competitive in wvw, and very good for pve.

Now before you go stating the obvious, I think it is intended for ventari to not have a stunbreak, and has to rely on allies (or pick up invocation). However, one thing that ventari is, is very immobile. Being locked down is difficult to deal with, but currently in its current state you will never be able to reposition your self, just the tablet.

My own suggestion is to change the elite. Make the tablet explosion happen by either having the rev charge to its direction and pass through it or the port to it and explode.

This would give ventari the ability to reposition and not be permanently locked down. Which would go miles in making the spec viable in Spvp and a lot more reliable in WvW.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

What they need to do to fix the clunkyness of the tablet is very simple:

I will give another game character example, Oriana, from league of legends. She carry a metal ball and throw it in places, and then use skill that come from the metal ball, exactly like the Ventari tablet.
So why Ventari fell so cluncky and she not ( not arguing between two differente game genres)??
Its because when the tablet get out of range it just dissapear, but for orianna when she get out of the range of the metal ball it teleports to the top of her head and float there, she can still use skills without moving the ball so it will come from the top of her head where the ball is.
If the Ventari had the option to absorb the tablet and then every utility that he uses would come from where the revenant stands, but still having the option to send the tablet, it would be miles better, you could sent heals allies far away, but if you keep together with your allies you dont need to worry about the tablet position as he would be “inside” your character.
Having the tablet travel time + the delay from the heals make it really bad on pve with a really heavy moviment combat (which is one of the strong points of gw2 )

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Couple key changes that would instantly help Ventari:

1. Radius on skills increased from 240 to 300.

2. A visible outline/other indicator of Tablet’s position visible only to Revenant. Sometimes you can just lose sight of your Tablet in teamfight if it’s cluttered/crowded enough.

3. Making Tablet more visible for allies:

• Green outline that shows Tablet’s effective radius. Currently there is nothing and that’s a big part of the reason why you have to chase allies with Ventari and they never stick around it. They simply can’t see it.
  • A split second before moving Tablet with Ventari’s Will, draw a green line of ordered Tablet’s path that is visible to allies.
  • When about to cast one of Tablet’s skills such as Natural Harmony/Purifying Essence/Elite, briefly flash/highlight the mentioned green outlier or whole radius circle so allies can easily notice incoming beneficial support.

4. Adding Stun Break to one of the skills. Elite or Purifying Essence for example.

5. Changing Protective Solace into more universal defensive skill. Almost half a minute of projectile block is really not fun for either side. Possibly reduce the prolonged projectile hate, but make this skill give some defense to Revenant when activated.
Not having amazing self-sustain is definitely the good direction for supports who quickly transform into bunkers. But currently it’s a bit too easy to shut down a Ventari. And if there are no projectiles to block in fight, Protective Solace is 100% useless – can’t swap it for other skill either.

That would be it for quicker set of fixes.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

The tablet should work like a scrapper gyro when the revenant moves (including the visible range circle for allies) but lose its effects like the projectile absorb when moving.

Additionally it should keep its actual manual positioning mechanic when the revenant is standing still.

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

It’s not too bad to move it around, just teammates love running away from it. The numbers you get every 3 seconds from moving it into people is like 3k heals every 3 seconds….

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

That cool down on Ventari’s Will need to be decreased, as well as tablet movement speed need to be increased.

Energy Cost on all Tablet skills need reduced by 30%.

The Range on Ventari’s Will need to be increased.

Protective Solace need to provide a defensive/ support boon to allies in the area to make it useful against non ranged fighters. Currently its just good for light field. I say a passive Heal/Protection tick.

Purifying Essence need to convert some conditions to boons, or reverse for enemies.

Tranquil Benediction need to also make Rejuvenating Assault and Punishing Sweep do more damage and heal nearby allies a percentage of that damage. Both chain skills so it balances itself out.

Invoking Harmony effect need to be merged into Selfless Amplification. Because it doesnt benefit the class much 50% of the time. This should be replaced by another support trait that make all your blast finishers heal nearby allies regardless of field type.

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

I will give another game character example, Oriana, from league of legends. She carry a metal ball and throw it in places, and then use skill that come from the metal ball, exactly like the Ventari tablet.
So why Ventari fell so cluncky and she not ( not arguing between two differente game genres)??
Its because when the tablet get out of range it just dissapear, but for orianna when she get out of the range of the metal ball it teleports to the top of her head and float there, she can still use skills without moving the ball so it will come from the top of her head where the ball is.

I totally agree. this would be much better and the legend does suffer because of the clunkyness you describe.

That cool down on Ventari’s Will need to be decreased, as well as tablet movement speed need to be increased.

Energy Cost on all Tablet skills need reduced by 30%.

The Range on Ventari’s Will need to be increased.

Protective Solace need to provide a defensive/ support boon to allies in the area to make it useful against non ranged fighters. Currently its just good for light field. I say a passive Heal/Protection tick.

Purifying Essence need to convert some conditions to boons, or reverse for enemies.

Tranquil Benediction need to also make Rejuvenating Assault and Punishing Sweep do more damage and heal nearby allies a percentage of that damage. Both chain skills so it balances itself out.

Invoking Harmony effect need to be merged into Selfless Amplification. Because it doesnt benefit the class much 50% of the time. This should be replaced by another support trait that make all your blast finishers heal nearby allies regardless of field type.

I have to ask, have you played ventari since the patch? I honestly think all of our costs are very fair. Ventari’s will is free at 5 energy. By the time the full animation finishes we are already refunded. Its a free heal every 3 seconds. I would even argue that natural harmony is a little too cost effective, being that its a full heal for pretty much every low-medium health pool class at 20 energy.

I totally agree that the tablet could be more responsive and that staff does need some work. However, the rest of the suggestion you have I find to be way over the top.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The cost of Ventari skills is not a problem anymore. Elite has the highest cost, but that’s basically a huge AoE spammable knockback so it’s understandable.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: AkantorCZ.8952

AkantorCZ.8952

if there are no projectiles to block in fight, Protective Solace is 100% useless – can’t swap it for other skill either.

It creates light combo field which can be used to clean conditions from allies.
Wait staff’s 4th skill (blast) and Purifying Essence already does this so yeah…

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

if there are no projectiles to block in fight, Protective Solace is 100% useless – can’t swap it for other skill either.

Except that it’s a light field and can be used with staff 4, sword 2 and the elite to cleanse conditions. It’s also cheap if you just use it for the light field since won’t be draining energy for more than a second or two. It’s also a light field which can be prolonged for as long as you need it. Allies can blast/whirl in it for more cleansing. There’s absolutely nothing useless about this skill when no projectiles are present. This is coming from a PvP perspective.

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: Ertrak.9506

Ertrak.9506

In my opinion, for Ventari Rev this is what I’d suggest:

First off, increase the radius on skills as someone else mentioned, from 240 to 300.

Skills:

Heal Skill: Change this from healing allies that it passes through, to an AoE heal at its destination. Personally from using this build, its impractical to use this to heal players by trying to aim it right to pass through them. Simply having it AoE heal at destination would help a lot.

Natural Harmony: Alacrity was a great addition to this skill IMO, but it needs a slight buff. Energy regeneration rate at max is 5% per second, and the cost of the skill is 20 with 3s of Alacrity. This means that the effective cooldown of the skill is 4s if and only if your only using this skill. The Alacrity buff from this skill should be upped from 3 to 4s, allowing for higher alacrity uptime.

While this is theoretically 100% uptime on alacrity, realistically it wont be due to the use of other skills. Chrono’s won’t be replaced either in PvE due to Quickness spamming.

Energy Explusion (Elite): Decrease the radius on this skill for where the healing orbs can land to the same radius as the explosion (240). Allow picked up orbs to apply a buff when traited (discussed below).

Traits:

IMO, a lot of the traits are fine, but there are a few that could use a slight change to make them more beneficial.

Hardend Foundation (minor): Change this from bonus toughness to bonus vitality. The toughness can create some problems in a Raid environment and the vitality will give a little extra room to keep Tranquil Balance up.

Tranquil Benediction: Change this from applying regen and swiftness to regen and fury/protection. Its not very useful to have a boon that aids in kiting be granted by a melee weapon, and most likely picked up by a melee team member.

Serene Rejuvination: Stated above, change the Alacrity from 3s to 4s.

Natural Abundance: Again, change the orbs so they appear within 240 units of the tablet. Allow orbs that are picked up to grant a buff increases the effectiveness of fury (similar to the invocation trait except 1.5x instead of doubling, and working on allies as well, not just the Rev).

EDIT: Allow lifesteal from Devestation traitline minor to be AoE buff.

Thoughts?

(edited by Ertrak.9506)

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

If the Ventari had the option to absorb the tablet and then every utility that he uses would come from where the revenant stands, but still having the option to send the tablet, it would be miles better, you could sent heals allies far away, but if you keep together with your allies you dont need to worry about the tablet position as he would be “inside” your character.
Having the tablet travel time + the delay from the heals make it really bad on pve with a really heavy moviment combat (which is one of the strong points of gw2 )

I’d go more Taric(re-work) over Ori.

It works better for not only a mechanical change but keeps the thematic of ventari in mind as well. If Rev could place the Tablet’s knowledge with a trusted ally and then have the effects proc at it’s location and the target ally’s location this would just flow smoother for overall gameplay and increase the thematic continuity. It would obviously need some cooldown/energy cost adjustments but it is what it is.

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

If you ask me Ventari isn’t the problem, the problem is the other lackluster legends, Jalis would in theory perfectly make up for Ventari’s lack of stunbreak, Shiro would in theory complement the lack of mobility perfectly, except for one problem, Mallyx, Jalis and especially Shiro are in a terrible position as of now, effectively killing the whole point of the profession, Ventari has weaknesses that, in theory, would be mostly solved by the other legend you run, of course thats not what we see though.

Thats not to say that Ventari couldn’t use a couple more tweaks and changes but I really think the recent patch finally fixed him to work really well (for the most part the movement of tablet still feels a bit iffy when it comes to support) the root of the problem is the broken, buggy and shameful state of the other “Legends” only exception would be Glint and frankly Ventari/Glint sounds great in theory but they run into the problem of overkilling on support and lacking on the survive side of things

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

yea OP sounds pretty good to me.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Couple key changes that would instantly help Ventari:

1. Radius on skills increased from 240 to 300.

2. A visible outline/other indicator of Tablet’s position visible only to Revenant. Sometimes you can just lose sight of your Tablet in teamfight if it’s cluttered/crowded enough.

3. Making Tablet more visible for allies:

• Green outline that shows Tablet’s effective radius. Currently there is nothing and that’s a big part of the reason why you have to chase allies with Ventari and they never stick around it. They simply can’t see it.
  • A split second before moving Tablet with Ventari’s Will, draw a green line of ordered Tablet’s path that is visible to allies.
  • When about to cast one of Tablet’s skills such as Natural Harmony/Purifying Essence/Elite, briefly flash/highlight the mentioned green outlier or whole radius circle so allies can easily notice incoming beneficial support.

4. Adding Stun Break to one of the skills. Elite or Purifying Essence for example.

5. Changing Protective Solace into more universal defensive skill. Almost half a minute of projectile block is really not fun for either side. Possibly reduce the prolonged projectile hate, but make this skill give some defense to Revenant when activated.
Not having amazing self-sustain is definitely the good direction for supports who quickly transform into bunkers. But currently it’s a bit too easy to shut down a Ventari. And if there are no projectiles to block in fight, Protective Solace is 100% useless – can’t swap it for other skill either.

That would be it for quicker set of fixes.

I agree on several points of this one.
Add stunbreak on puryfing essence.
Increase radius.
When outside combat the tablet follows you (just small QoL)
Personally i would change the elite.
->make a upkeep skill, activation of the elite pushes enemies out of the area and roots enemies (on activate) double its radius(to 600 , this would be upkeep).
The projectile reflect should give some protection and weakness to enemies in the area.

Jalis and traits would need improvements still but it would make ventari great, also for soloing.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

(edited by InsaneQR.7412)

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Dude, as soon as you said “other game” I immediately thought of my favourite support / mid character Orianna’s mechanics are indeed great!

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: Zilvereen.2091

Zilvereen.2091

Im sitting at the far back of the blob , why would I ever need a stunbreak. If by mistake I let myselft to get close to the enemy zerg I will just switch to staff and hit #5. And afterall I already get a stunbreak whevenever I invoke a legend. Invocation goes well with Ventari Rev.

Imho what needs to change is the elite skill. Its just trash.

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

Im sitting at the far back of the blob , why would I ever need a stunbreak. If by mistake I let myselft to get close to the enemy zerg I will just switch to staff and hit #5. And afterall I already get a stunbreak whevenever I invoke a legend. Invocation goes well with Ventari Rev.

Imho what needs to change is the elite skill. Its just trash.

The problem.with ventari does not have a stunbreak is that it enforces to use invocation and limits build diversity further.

Pale Raiders united.

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The problem.with ventari does not have a stunbreak is that it enforces to use invocation and limits build diversity further.

The problem with everyone needing a stunbreak at any given time in any spec just shows how much the underlying PVP system needs an update, instead of specific specs. IMO.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

What Ventari is missing

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

The problem with everyone needing a stunbreak at any given time in any spec just shows how much the underlying PVP system needs an update, instead of specific specs. IMO.

I asume this could be another topic for the main game forum. But whatever, the game has 3 game modes and the most inportant one is PvE and PvP.
In PvE there are several Hard CC occasions a stunbreak could come in handy as a healer.
The need to take invocation is build restrictive and tgus not very beneficial for a healer.

In PvP as a bunker it is basically essential to have enough stunbreaks. So it would be instinctive to use invocation. If you get stunlocked its still problematic to get out of it. So either some stunbreak OR stability is required to pass this.

To remove or restrict CC in PvP would throw the balance overboard for all classes that rely on CC which is basically 5 out of 9.

Pale Raiders united.