What am I doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong?

in Revenant

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

So far I love rev, I love how the skills work, I love the synergy you can find between the legends, love the weapon sets and the skills on them too. Here’s my problem though, and maybe I just need to L2P harder: Healing seems really low on almost all of the legends (self healing I mean) except maybe ventari but the upkeep for the skills is so high it’s really hard to do any measurable amount of sustained healing. So I guess at the core, the problem I’m having is sustain. I can eat a few bursts here and there and turtle up on some aoe spam but I don’t last very long. Once I use up my first line of defenses I’m either out of energy or waiting on cd’s. The base healing just seems to not scale very well. All of this is coming from a WvW perspective btw. In PvE healing seems pretty decent on all legends and pretty powerful on Mallyx since there’s so much condi in the new content. Any tips offered would be appreciated.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

What am I doing wrong?

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Most of it comes from how you use your defense. Like glint heal is amazing! Let yourself get a little low then when you see the enemy burst you pop your heal, you’re back to full. (converts all damage to healing)

Staff 3 is defensive, Shiro 7 is amazing at escape, Shiro 6 + 9 = amazing burst healing. Sword 3 is a defensive maneuver as well.

I made a post for my build if you’re interested here.

What am I doing wrong?

in Revenant

Posted by: Neeja.4579

Neeja.4579

6+9? Quickness does not affect shiro’s healing. It always has 0.5s cd between daggers

What am I doing wrong?

in Revenant

SoulstitchMMO.1396

6+9? Quickness does not affect shiro’s healing. It always has 0.5s cd between daggers

Yeah, but with staff 1, that’s a lot of healing and damage being generated quickly.

What am I doing wrong?

in Revenant

Posted by: Neeja.4579

Neeja.4579

Sure but no burst healing. Our only hurst heal is glint’s and only if attacked

What am I doing wrong?

in Revenant

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

See I used Glints quite a bit but it just doesn’t seem to heal me for all that much, even while being pounded on. Maybe they are just picking me out as rev and focusing me harder than I realize. I will say that when we were taking some keeps swapping to Ventari and being ally defense/heal worked great. Just seems in the smaller skirmishes is where I struggle the most. I’ll keep working on my timing for the defenses, maybe I’m just popping them too early before I’m getting focused the hardest.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

What am I doing wrong?

in Revenant

SoulstitchMMO.1396

See I used Glints quite a bit but it just doesn’t seem to heal me for all that much, even while being pounded on. Maybe they are just picking me out as rev and focusing me harder than I realize. I will say that when we were taking some keeps swapping to Ventari and being ally defense/heal worked great. Just seems in the smaller skirmishes is where I struggle the most. I’ll keep working on my timing for the defenses, maybe I’m just popping them too early before I’m getting focused the hardest.

Are you activating glints? I mean beyond the regen? It’s impossible for someone to kill you during Infuse Light as it converts all damage to healing.

What am I doing wrong?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Glint’s Heal is one of the best heals in-game. Pair that with Shiro’s daggers and revenant is very durable.

Methinks you’re trying some weird ventari/mallyx/jalis build.