What are rev's class matchups in PvP?

in Revenant

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

So, pretty much the title. I get the feeling I should +1 and gank more often than not, but when 1v1’s happen, which classes/builds should I win against, which should I avoid and why? Thinking for the PvP meta build (devastation/invocation/herald on mara ammy).

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Revenant

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

In general, you have fair chance to beat anyone who’s not condi. Whether you can do that in reasonable time depends on your skill though.

in Revenant

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Threat metter is imo a lil out of date. quite surr the first time i saw it was during retri meta, and some classes have been nerfed
Invo rev wins against power guards, condi revs, has a fair shot against warrs if u can negate f1s, loses against thief, wins power scrapper and druid, loses against mesms, wins against eles, and proly loses against condi necs, but nec builds are still being tested, so im not sure about this one

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Awesome, just what I was looking for, thanks guys ^^

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Threat metter is imo a lil out of date. quite surr the first time i saw it was during retri meta, and some classes have been nerfed
Invo rev wins against power guards, condi revs, has a fair shot against warrs if u can negate f1s, loses against thief, wins power scrapper and druid, loses against mesms, wins against eles, and proly loses against condi necs, but nec builds are still being tested, so im not sure about this one

When I played condi rev (Glint/Mallyx) I beat most power invo revs I met in solo q. With the Retri nerf (dodge nerf) its probably a lot harder now.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

When I played condi rev (Glint/Mallyx) I beat most power invo revs I met in solo q. With the Retri nerf (dodge nerf) its probably a lot harder now.

I don’t think the changes affect this matchup much at all. Typically condi Rev shouldn’t be getting hit by any hard cc’s other than sotm which will be interrupted by eye for an eye most of the time any way. Naturalistic resonance nerf hurts malyx Rev resistance uptime which means basically nothing against power Rev.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I don’t think the changes affect this matchup much at all. Typically condi Rev shouldn’t be getting hit by any hard cc’s other than sotm which will be interrupted by eye for an eye most of the time any way. Naturalistic resonance nerf hurts malyx Rev resistance uptime which means basically nothing against power Rev.

You’re right that it doesn’t change much against power rev. I was sidetracking and thinking that it nerfed the glint/mallyx build in general so I don’t run it any more.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Revenant

Posted by: Iain Ross.6903

Iain Ross.6903

Kills warrior (not by much tho), necro, scrapper, druid and ele (can’t die, but can kill ele)
Dies to thief and mesmer
Dh is a pretty equal matchup.
All assuming meta builds.

in Revenant

Krysard.1364

Well, in my xp as invo rev, I always win against condi :p

Also, I’ve seen top tier revs trying this duel, and power rev won before the nerf, now even more, as its easier to trigger the taunt(yep, you can easy enough), and even if not your surge has a lower cd. Also, rite of the dwarf has increased cd, making it hard to trigger twice in most duels, which is important

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Mesmer’s are prolly the worst of the lot, even if they’re power.

Necros are rough too (even power necros can be a very downhill fight if they’re using Rise! to negate your Precision Strike/UA.

Thiefs give me a lot of trouble 1v1 since the Enchanted Dagger nerf… Warriors are sort of in the same boat here too, but not as bad.

Eles, Scrappers, Druids, and Dragonhunters are fine.

And of course, you should always try force a fight with the other team’s Revenant if they have one, as you’ll both have the most fun that way.

in Revenant

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

After getting champion ritualist in season 3 and 4 to division 6, I would say if you are playing an Invocation power Revenant.

-Chronophantasma Shatter- DISADVANTAGE 20% chance to win
-Meditrapper- NEUTRAL 50% chance to win
-Bunker Druid- DISADVANTAGE 30% chance to win
-Power Shiro Invocation- NEUTRAL, ADVANTAGE 60% chance to win if you jump on them with Shiro
-Power Shiro Retribution- DISADVANTAGE- 40% chance to win
-Power Scrapper- NEUTRAL- 50% chance to win
-D/F Auramancer- ADVANTAGE- 80% chance to win if given enough time
-Corruptionmancer- ADVANTAGE- 60% chance to win IF you jump them, DISADVANTAGE 30% chance to win IF they jump and kite you around
-Macebow warrior- DISADVANTAGE- 30% chance to win
-D/p unhindered combatant thief- DISADVANTAGE- 40% chance to win
-D/p bounding dodger thief- DISADVANTAGE- 40% chance to win
-Mara staff shortbow acro trick daredevil teef- ADVANTAGE- 60% chance to win
-Mara staff acro trick daredevil teef using dp or pp offhand- DISADVANTAGE- 40% chance to win
-S/F fresh air ele- ADVANTAGE- 60% chance to win
-Power shatter- ADVANTAGE- 60% chance to win
-Power based GS/longbow or mace/shield warrior- ADVANTAGE- 60% chance to win

You’ll notice that Invocation rev has some bad matchups against a lot of the other meta comps which is why revs are usually placed in team fights instead of 1v1s. Revs are excellent cleavers and chasers. I still think revs are the best arena profession right now with all ESL teams playing one.

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

After getting champion ritualist in season 3 and 4 to division 6, I would say if you are playing an Invocation power Revenant.

-Power Shiro Invocation- NEUTRAL, ADVANTAGE 60% chance to win if you jump on them with Shiro
-Corruptionmancer- ADVANTAGE- 60% chance to win IF you jump them, DISADVANTAGE 30% chance to win IF they jump and kite you around
-Mara staff acro trick daredevil teef using dp or pp offhand- DISADVANTAGE- 40% chance to win

You’ll notice that Invocation rev has some bad matchups against a lot of the other meta comps which is why revs are usually placed in team fights instead of 1v1s. Revs are excellent cleavers and chasers. I still think revs are the best arena profession right now with all ESL teams playing one.

This is so wrong.

in Revenant

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

This is so wrong.

Care to elaborate?

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

This is so wrong.

While I don’t agree with everything stated, most are very reasonable and at least can be grounded when you don’t consider skill level and go simply build against build. It’s no secret rev struggles against mesmers quite a bit, but if I went against a decent rev with condi mes, I’d lose simply because I don’t know to play the class.

As far as thief matchups go, the one who gets the better opening has the advantage, imo, and I don’t think putting them into a simple percentage to win is the best way of comparing.

in Revenant

Krysard.1364

This is so wrong.

Care to elaborate?

You actually win against a lot of the matchups he said u wont or its 50/50, like warrs, retri revs, druids, engies, and u destroy things like fa ele or power mesm. Also, thieves counter you more than what he said.

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

In my experience after the last patch’s nerf…

Any non- revenant class with a player of comparable skill to yours > Revenant (you) > any class with with a lesser skilled player.

If you like winning, your better off on other classes. You can still win with Rev, I made it to Legend League using zerker hammer rev solo queue with 1 condi clear (invocation). It will just take you longer than say using a more PVP balanced class like Dragonhunter/Mesmer/Necromancer/Warrior/Druid/Engineer/Daredevil.

I didn’t put elementalist in there since I find Tempest as more of a support, by themselves they’re easy kill. Think of it as a healy non dps Rev that has tons of condi clear. Thieves will literally autoattack Tempest to death easy.

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

This is so wrong.

Care to elaborate?

Because it’s wrong? lol… I’ll copy it again:

Kills warrior (not by much tho), necro, scrapper, druid and ele (can’t die, but can kill ele)
Dies to thief and mesmer
Dh is a pretty equal matchup.
All assuming meta builds.

in Revenant

Krysard.1364

In my experience after the last patch’s nerf…

Any non- revenant class with a player of comparable skill to yours > Revenant (you) > any class with with a lesser skilled player.

If you like winning, your better off on other classes. You can still win with Rev, I made it to Legend League using zerker hammer rev solo queue with 1 condi clear (invocation). It will just take you longer than say using a more PVP balanced class like Dragonhunter/Mesmer/Necromancer/Warrior/Druid/Engineer/Daredevil.

I didn’t put elementalist in there since I find Tempest as more of a support, by themselves they’re easy kill. Think of it as a healy non dps Rev that has tons of condi clear. Thieves will literally autoattack Tempest to death easy.

Obv you will lose 1v1 when u play a build based on zerg vs zerg

M I L K B O I S