What ascended gear to go for?

in Revenant

Posted by: Voyz.8510

Voyz.8510

Hey guys, anyone have any idea?
I’ve got the mats to craft ascended and want to know if beserkers or sinister/ect are the best for a full dps set up?

Does anyone know the best dps build yet ect? Or too early to tell?

in Revenant

Posted by: Naustis.8510

Naustis.8510

bers is always best set for pure dps

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I have Knight and Cleric ready with couple leftover pieces of Berserker and Cavalier here and there.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Difference between best dps and pure dps. If you want pure dps, sure berserker but If you are like me and don’t want to run the risk of eating damage you can’t easily avoid i would say mixed stats. Not sure which but if during a solo fight you can get your power to around 2300 easily, keep your armour at around 2600, your crit chance around 50% (before fury) and ferocity at around 600 then you will be good.

Stats im suggesting may seem unrealistic but if you consider the easy might and fury as wellas Shiro’s free ferocity and using a ferocity stacking sigil. it should be possible if you mix captains, Kinght’s, Zerk and Valk.

A lot would say all this is nonsense and you should just go zerk but a lot of changes are happening, Devs are finally realizing the zerk easy mode thing is no good, so investing in full zerk may just mean you will die too many times for it to be worth it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Voyz.8510

Voyz.8510

Ah I see, any news on what they are actually changing to zerker? or no clue?

in Revenant

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

I’ve got berserker.
Even if its not used in Raids I still have whole core game content and fractals to do.

I’m also sure since the bosses have timer there will be need for higher damage.
Also what I’ve noticed so far. If the timer goes boss will 1-shot you be a berserker of full soldier.

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Depends on what you play, If engineer, sinister, if pretty much anything else, berserker.

in Revenant

Rym.1469

I’ve got berserker.
Even if its not used in Raids I still have whole core game content and fractals to do.

Also what I’ve noticed so far. If the timer goes boss will 1-shot you be a berserker of full soldier.

Vale Guardian won’t one-shot you if you have ~2600 armor or higher.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

I’ve got berserker.

If you hit an enrage timer, you’ve messed up enough on the fight that you better be within the last few percentages or everyone is about to die anyway. One-shot or not a proper enrage timer should kill you faster than you can feasibly stay alive.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

in Revenant

Ragion.2831

Bam! there you go. Ferocity is at 795 (Assassin’s prescence wasnt calculated but it is supposed to also be applied to you. I used lyssa because i don’t know what the condi stuff will be like otherwise i would use Eagle

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemn3gWNSuQrJRbo/ksP0gS4I6QJ4EdrkFNFitMnpNtLIANwegJshA-TBCFABrpP4Q1f0VJySKvA4UAEz+DC8EAEUJIA-e

Edit: Changed from Sword sword to sword shield and from sentinel to valk

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in Revenant

Rym.1469

I’ve got berserker.

If you hit an enrage timer, you’ve messed up enough on the fight that you better be within the last few percentages or everyone is about to die anyway. One-shot or not a proper enrage timer should kill you faster than you can feasibly stay alive.

Ah, mind me, didn’t read that properly and skipped “enrage” part. That’s absolutely right.

in Revenant

Fade.1743

Bam! there you go. Ferocity is at 795 (Assassin’s prescence wasnt calculated but it is supposed to also be applied to you. I used lyssa because i don’t know what the condi stuff will be like otherwise i would use Eagle

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemn3gWNSuQrJRbo/ksP0gS4I6QJ4EdrkFNFitMnpNtLIANwegJshA-TBCFABrpP4Q1f0VJySKvA4UAEz+DC8EAEUJIA-e

That’s…probably way too tanky. And runes of lyssa are a waste since this is a direct damage spec. Also, Sword/Shield isn’t considered dual wielding.

Given how mobile revenant is in combat plus all of the boons, I don’t see them being used for tanking. Since they have no ground targetted AoE (at least with a direct damage build), they have very good pressure and can easily keep on the heals of any boss. I would look for other classes with stronger heals (as Revenant healing abilities aren’t strong enough to handle an oh crap moment recovery).

in Revenant

Ragion.2831

That’s…probably way too tanky. And runes of lyssa are a waste since this is a direct damage spec. Also, Sword/Shield isn’t considered dual wielding.

Given how mobile revenant is in combat plus all of the boons, I don’t see them being used for tanking. Since they have no ground targetted AoE (at least with a direct damage build), they have very good pressure and can easily keep on the heals of any boss. I would look for other classes with stronger heals (as Revenant healing abilities aren’t strong enough to handle an oh crap moment recovery).

Probably, but you can easily mantain over 10 stacks of might putting you at almost 2500 power. Then there is the near perm 80% crit chance. The high toughness just sort of happened due to the way the stats are combined.

O and lyssa is because i dont know what the new stuff is going to be . It would be quite silly of Anet to design HoT without taking conditions seriously as seriously as it is in PvP. That can be swapped out anyway as long as crit chance stays over 40% base

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in Revenant

Posted by: Maxite.6102

Maxite.6102

Probably going valk armor, zerk weapons & trinkets, and rage runes to start with. I’m holding onto a set of strength runes, but want to play around with rage first with the whole dependence on fury.

Given a lot of HoT seems to be open world, soldier + hylek oil is tempting. Just really expensive to keep up.

in Revenant

Fade.1743

Probably, but you can easily mantain over 10 stacks of might putting you at almost 2500 power. Then there is the near perm 80% crit chance. The high toughness just sort of happened due to the way the stats are combined.

O and lyssa is because i dont know what the new stuff is going to be . It would be quite silly of Anet to design HoT without taking conditions seriously as seriously as it is in PvP. That can be swapped out anyway as long as crit chance stays over 40% base

10 stacks minimum, yes. The thing about toughness AND a shield is that it gives you a ton of aggro. Revenant’s healing sustain isn’t the greatest. Compared to a Reaper or even a base Necromancer, I wouldn’t want to put Rev’s in a tanking position. At least for a consistent tank. In a gauntlet like event (as in not a single boss, but waves of enemies), Revenant probably favors tanking a lot more (though other classes can do this better).

Now, again this is from a PvE point of view. No idea how things pan out in sPvP or WvW and I won’t even pretend that I can theorycraft for them.

Honestly, if you want a tanky setup, that’s your prerogative. Just know that revenant is kinda kitten compared to other classes. Given that, I still wouldn’t recommend Lyssa runes. The Herald Elite is mostly going to be used for a Breakbar while Jalis is going to be more for preventing direct damage. Other classes do condi cleanse better and we have better boon support than using a heal to generate one. (especially since we REALLY need our heals for healing). Given the tanky setup, I’d still recommend Strength or Rage runes.

Based on having a 2.1 time multiplier (15% from minor trait + 50% from Face of Nature + 45% from Strength runes) on might stack duration pushes the amount of might generated to 11.9-18.9 stacks (depending on how often you can trigger Shared Empowerment). Given your tanky nature, you’d more easily stay alive to give allies a lot of might.

Note: I don’t know if boon duration is additive or multiplicative. The above numbers are based on an additive amount.

in Revenant

Ragion.2831

Again, i also dont know if lyssa is the best choice , if HoT has no condi pressure then rune of the eagle will be much better. I only put it there to get precision to 40% and its my favorite rune in the game.

I am hoping HoT will be punishing, where at any given time in a pack of mobs you are getting hit with serious condi and direct damage pressure and AI aren’t one attack robots. I quit PvE because i kept falling asleep doing most of the content (I still dont have gift of exploration after 3 years)

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Also, Sword/Shield isn’t considered dual wielding.

You might not consider it dual wielding but the game does. Ferocious Strikes gives you +150 ferocity with sword/shield.

in Revenant

Posted by: Leggendalex.4659

Leggendalex.4659

I am going to use this build http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlQQNAseinvN2gS6JvQRVlbossyPU4V5IKYs8ElFNFitMppNtDIANwugJshA-TBSBABUcGAKa/BLVVhS1KMTJ4VK/wTfAAPCAA-e
If i need more armor i can use Knight trinkets instead of Zerk

in Revenant

Rym.1469

I’d say that Revenant is amazing for tanking. A lot of “oh crap” buttons, phleora of damage reductions and CC, boons, good heals, good damage, ton of blocks and what not.

I played Tank Rev on Vale Guardian and was doing absolutely all right.

in Revenant

Posted by: Edds.7681

Edds.7681

I’ve got Valk ascended armor/weapons ready. can achieve 60% crit with revenant build. might switch to berserker once i get more comfortable with the profession

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscin3guNSuQ7JRboZlsP0rS4IaVJ4EdskFNFidMppNtLIANwugJshA-TxRBAB6pHwS1fwS5HN7P8wpAAgnAgZKBBA-e

in Revenant

Fade.1743

You might not consider it dual wielding but the game does. Ferocious Strikes gives you +150 ferocity with sword/shield.

Has this been tested in-game? Warrior’s dual-wield has never included shield, so I’d presume Revenant shield would function the same way.

If it has, then I stand corrected based on programming.

in Revenant

Posted by: Leggendalex.4659

Leggendalex.4659

I am going to use this build http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlQQNAseinvN2gS6JvQRVlbossyPU4V5IKYs8ElFNFitMppNtDIANwugJshA-TBSBABUcGAKa/BLVVhS1KMTJ4VK/wTfAAPCAA-e

do you think my build is good? cause i see other builds and stats in my build seems low

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

do you think my build is good? cause i see other builds and stats in my build seems low

Umm, think you posted in the wrong thread (as I don’t see a reference to this topic at all). Try here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-builds/first#post5624282

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

Go Valk for Armor and maybe weapons. That HP will definitely not hurt you as you learn the class, and we don’t require the Prec as much presuming you trait right. Stick with Zerker for trinkets, it’s the larger portion of your stats and most everyone has the Zerker ones alrdy.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

in Revenant

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

Has this been tested in-game? Warrior’s dual-wield has never included shield, so I’d presume Revenant shield would function the same way.

If it has, then I stand corrected based on programming.

Warrior doesn’t have an actual dual wield trait, the trait is just called Dual Wield. If you read it, that trait directly references Axes, Maces, and Swords in the off-hand. The Revenant trait does not reference any particular weapon, it merely says when dual wielding, and I can confirm that it does work.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

in Revenant

Posted by: Cheby Shev.4671

Cheby Shev.4671

My warrior has mixed Berserker’s/Assassin’s ascended gear, so I crafted a full set of Sinister gear for my unborn revenant. Now the Sinister gear actually worked really great when testing on warrior (looking at you mordrem husks) in case condi-rev doesn’t work out.

in Revenant

Posted by: corwin.3495

corwin.3495

Is valk armor, zerk weapons & trinkets still the best way to go or did something change over the past 1 year?
It is really hard to get an ascended armor and I don’t want to mess up my 1st stats selection. Can someone please confirm or give some advice?

in Revenant

Posted by: Dimerius.1397

Dimerius.1397

PVE : full zerker + scholar and sigils force/air(sometimes u can change air for night/krait)
WvW : Marauder combined with soldier or Trailblazer for condi build

in Revenant

corwin.3495

PVE : full zerker + scholar and sigils force/air(sometimes u can change air for night/krait)
WvW : Marauder combined with soldier or Trailblazer for condi build

But some people wrote that only zerker makes you a glass canon and that it is not so bad to have a bit of health too… I personally like the zerker but I don’t think it would be that bad having a bit more durability

in Revenant

Posted by: Dimerius.1397

Dimerius.1397

You dont need any bonus hp for any PVE content. (100CM, RAIDS) If you will die then you are doing something wrong. You just have to practice a lot.

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

why would u guys bump a year old thread

in Revenant

corwin.3495

You dont need any bonus hp for any PVE content. (100CM, RAIDS) If you will die then you are doing something wrong. You just have to practice a lot.

Oh, okay, I’ll try your suggestion then

in Revenant

corwin.3495

why would u guys bump a year old thread

And why not? Why make 2 topics that are the same and then pray that someone will reply, when I can bump this one so people that have the same question as me can see what other people from this thread said a year ago and then decide.