What build are you using on Launch Day?

in Revenant

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

I thought it would be fun to collect some builds here, while seeing who all is going to try condi, power, or celest!

I am personally going Power Herald. I have two different builds in mind though.

Devastation: 1,1,1
Invocation: 3,2,1
Herald: 3,2,1,

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgYFVAPkBuQ~

This one is a bit more offense oriented, and will prob be what i use in the open world and solo. I had a 85% crit chance without food buffs, and had perma fury as herald.

Devastation: 1,1,1
Retribution: 2,2,3
Herald: 3,2,1,
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgYFVAKsBuQ~

This one is a bit more tanky, and is my option for group content, you do lose roiling mists though, so you don’t crit as much.

EDIT: My builds are for PvE to get through the content first*

(edited by Jordo.5913)

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I won’t have time to level up enough to unlock the trait lines on launch day and I’m not sure I’ll be using my tomes so my build will be:

Sword.

in Revenant

Jordo.5913

I won’t have time to level up enough to unlock the trait lines on launch day and I’m not sure I’ll be using my tomes so my build will be:

Sword.

haha, nice build man

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

So which specializations are you going to be giving up to unlock Herald, pal? Seeing how Data-Mining suggests you need 170 to unlock skills and traits, and you need 398 to unlock everything on the base profession.

in Revenant

Jordo.5913

The ventari and Mallyx trait lines, I’m not big into healing and condition damage builds

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

So which specializations are you going to be giving up to unlock Herald, pal? Seeing how Data-Mining suggests you need 170 to unlock skills and traits, and you need 398 to unlock everything on the base profession.

Priority:
1. Invocation
2. Devastation
3. Herald
4. Retribuition
5. Salvation
6. Corruption

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Priority:
1. Invocation
2. Devastation
3. Herald
4. Retribuition
5. Salvation
6. Corruption

Is that a list for pve? For wvw it would be for me retribution, herald, Shiro, Glint. Not sure between invocation and devastation..the more i think about it..invocation pretty much offers superior damage due to boosted fury while devastation provides slighty more sustain via vul and gm traits.. Tough choice

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Example of Build

Retribution 2/3/2
Corruption 3/3/3
Herald 3/2/3
Scavenger Rune, Carrion Amulet, Blood/Torment runes.
Mace Shield/Axe
For wvw roaming, dire armor, carrion weapons.

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Is that a list for pve?

Yes, PvE and WvW later. I think Invocation has a lot of utility with condi clear, stun break and dmg modifiers. Devastation adds even more damage, and Herald the access to Glint, Shield, and even more damage. Then when I unlock Retruibution line I’ll start playing in WvW.

in Revenant

Jordo.5913

For Herald and Revenant both, I see retribution as a must have in PvP AND WvW….whenever I have that trait line active, I feel tanky even if I’m running zerker.

PvE, it’s not really a must have, but it might be good for raids and high fractals.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bunnytown.7801

Bunnytown.7801

Here is my solo play build for roaming, spvp, general pve. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW8unvNWNS6JrJRZlBlsryfSYV5QJYscrkFPFitLhpMtCQCs7XAPIA-TxyDABafEAUR3AUKFW4BAAkSMAMxdgSQKV/ZKlFJcRA0Z/hAAIAGaE6Q7m38mBA-e

Shiro/Jalis. Near permanent fury in combat without taking glint, good power, sustain through heals on hits/vengeful hammers, condi cleanse. Plus, it’s fun to play.