What builds are you thinking about ?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I’m currently crafting my first ascended gear set for Rev (I loved Herald/Shiro gameplay in the beta) and I have no idea which stat-combo I should go for. Playing WvW mostly, zerg and roaming.

Berserker gear… arrowcarts will probably bring me down quite fast
Knight’s gear… I heard the Rev is vulnerable to condis, so toughness would be second choice, better vitality
Valkyrie gear… Rev already has perma ferocity uptime, do I need more from stats?
Soldier’s gear… too tanky and too little damage?
Celestial gear… too little power to be effective? Are berserker trinkets a good choice additionally?

I’m torn, as you see. Crafting ascended gear is probably a one-time thing for me since it’s hard to come by enough gold via playing WvW mostly.

any advise?

I think you should wait if Ascended is a one time choice for you. Gear yourself out in exotics first to try out the stats, once you’ve done that, you can solidify your choice with the Ascended stuffs.

Keep in mind armor and weapons are a bit more flexible than trinkets since you can stat change them. You cannot do that with trinkets yet.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Craft exotics and have a go at it with diff builds.

I am doing pure Zerk, pure Cleric, Dire + Rabid combo

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Valkyrie gear… Rev already has perma ferocity uptime, do I need more from stats?

This sentence here makes no sense. Revenant has permanent Fury uptime, that gives you critical rate (so Precision, not Ferocity) and double compared to normal Fury (so +40%). This makes Valkyrie stats very useful on Revenant.

A full Berserker ascended Revenant with Sigil of Accuracy can reach up to 96% crit chance under Fury by himself, and 111% if a banner and a Ranger is around. Unfortunally we get no benefit from crit rate over 100%, so a combination of Berserker+Valkyrie is actually an optimal way of reaching max damage while adding some survivability.

I usually get up to 52% crit chance with Berserker, then I start using Valkyrie.
Or you can bet and get up to 45% with Berserker, then add Valkyrie. You even get more power with Sharpening Stones compared to full Berserker.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

This sentence here makes no sense. Revenant has permanent Fury uptime, that gives you critical rate (so Precision, not Ferocity) and double compared to normal Fury (so +40%). This makes Valkyrie stats very useful on Revenant.

sorry, I confused ferocity with fury… and I was almost sleeping when I wrote this. Thanks for the advise nontheless.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

If you’re just running with a Warrior or Ranger and have Force/Night, Force/Dungeon, etc you can pass with with full Berserker. However if you throw in a Spotter, Accuracy sigil, precision runes, or even oil utilities your crit goes over the cap.

To play it safe a mixture of Berserker, Valkyrie, or Berserkyrie gear works best as a ‘gear for all use’.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

in Revenant

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I usually get up to 52% crit chance with Berserker, then I start using Valkyrie.
Or you can bet and get up to 45% with Berserker, then add Valkyrie. You even get more power with Sharpening Stones compared to full Berserker.

do you use this in PvE or WvW?

something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAS8MA-TVBXgAAKPCUiFqbgWJYv6PkCYUhWA-w
?

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

in Revenant

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

I’m currently crafting my first ascended gear set for Rev (I loved Herald/Shiro gameplay in the beta) and I have no idea which stat-combo I should go for. Playing WvW mostly, zerg and roaming.

Berserker gear… arrowcarts will probably bring me down quite fast
Knight’s gear… I heard the Rev is vulnerable to condis, so toughness would be second choice, better vitality
Soldier’s gear… too tanky and too little damage?
Celestial gear… too little power to be effective? Are berserker trinkets a good choice additionally?

I’m torn, as you see. Crafting ascended gear is probably a one-time thing for me since it’s hard to come by enough gold via playing WvW mostly.

any advise?

You’re gonna need two different armor sets for that.
Alternatively you can go and craft knights armor, use trinkets + weapons to get the stats you need for zerging. and get another set of trinkets + weapons to get the stats for roaming.

I personally would never go much higher than 16k health on thief or 20k health on engi for example.
Too much vitality won’t be good, some vitality yes (don’t know what rev’s base health is) but generally toughness > vita

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

This is my build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskFNFitMnpNtBYBNwugJshA-TBSOwAiV/Bw+DO1CITJ4IlekUG8UTARdAECQwYA-e

Mainly Open world content and HoT maps. Mix of good damage and survival. I like the sword and board concept.

in Revenant

Posted by: Drizzy.1268

Drizzy.1268

Played reaper only all the bwe’s, so no idea if its even good.
But i plan to test the 2 following builds in the final bwe:

1. kinda a max dmg build , no active condi removal at all, just minus condi duration:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAseinvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8ElFNFSdG7IItBIBRwugJMiA-TVCFABMcEAmU1FAeAAFqGRSK/4TJYa6DaZ/hFOFABAQA2ZdWn7MwQH6QH6QHa3co3co38mlCgJtWA-w

2. substain build with different ways of active condi removal (every weapon- and legend swap and if you time your heals, every heal as well thx to the buff-food.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAseinvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8ElFNFidMppNtBIBRwugJ8hA-TlCFABMcIAq+JAIlSOlUOglSwJVdBgTAQhqRA++DppPIAACwOrz6cnBG6QH6QH6Q7mD9mD9m3sUAYr1C-w

Edit: these builds are meant for wvw solo/small group roaming and dueling

[BNF] – Bitte Nicht Füttern
https://www.youtube.com/user/Drizzlebob

(edited by Drizzy.1268)

in Revenant

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXin3guNSuQ7JRboZlsP0rS4IaVJ4EdskFNFiNMn5NtBIBNwOgJshA-TJBFwACOFAI3foaZAAPBAA

Go nuts. Hammer 3, Axe 4, Shiro unblockable dash, Sword 3, Shiro Haste until energy is gone. If target still alive, swap legends and auto while mass buffing. =D profit?

Edit: Pvp.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in Revenant

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

in Revenant

Posted by: Maelstrazza.6750

Maelstrazza.6750

This is what I am leaning towards:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAS8nn3gWNSuQrJRbo/ksP0gS4I6QJ4EdrklZlhNmb2RNgDawe6r3G-TliFABDcBAU4gAgkSjqUCakyMAeAAEq+zZ6GS4IAsy+DBAQAu5NzmtZgbezbezbezSBwkUL-w

I like a bit of a tougher build – I do a lot of small group and solo roaming on my server, and last BWE this ended up being my favorite build. It can take a serious beating, easily flip camps, has lots of might/fury/swiftness stacking for my group, helps lock down areas, etc. – plus has decent condi removal/management overall, and still hits like a truck. The best part for me is the buffs that some of the build is getting for BWE3 – it’s only going to be that much better.

in Revenant

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

in Revenant

Posted by: Eggshells.1748

Eggshells.1748

Thinking about running a Cele Condi Rev build..

Cele build

in Revenant

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I don’t have a PVP/WvW build yet. For PVE, my plan so far is the following:

Sword/Sword, Hammer. Sigil of Force on both. Second Sigil Undecided.
Full Berserker Gear. Scholar Runes
Shiro/Glint Utilities
Devastation Line: Vicious Lacerations, Assassin’s Presence, Swift Termination
Invocation Line: Cleansing Channel, Incensed Response, Rolling Mists
Herald Line: Hardening Persistence, Shared Empowerment, Elder’s Force

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Revenant

Posted by: jan sobi.6485

jan sobi.6485

But what about HEALING POWER? Is it worth to encrease that stat (300 or 600, for example)?
What do maths tell about?
I’ve tried a cele build with hammer and sword/shield: it was nice for zerging, but the points for condi damage were wasted, I would have reallocated them in more power, more ferocity, more healing power.
Nevertheless all the other stats were usefull, I think.
So I’m oriented for the future build to a mix of all stats, like celestial, except condi damage, reallocating that amount in Power, Ferocity, Healing power.
Ty for every one will give me his opinion about.

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

But what about HEALING POWER? Is it worth to encrease that stat (300 or 600, for example)?
What do maths tell about?
I’ve tried a cele build with hammer and sword/shield: it was nice for zerging, but the points for condi damage were wasted, I would have reallocated them in more power, more ferocity, more healing power.
Nevertheless all the other stats were usefull, I think.
So I’m oriented for the future build to a mix of all stats, like celestial, except condi damage, reallocating that amount in Power, Ferocity, Healing power.
Ty for every one will give me his opinion about.

Not worth it to have condition damage in any gear unless you are using mace even with supplementing some odd spec using Corruption. Healing power is “useful” with Ventari tablet (support) and Herald/Facet of Light and some very minor impact on a few traits. See how that is in “quotes” as it isn’t going to make a difference in almost all combat circumstances no matter the healing skill used.

That being said, building a Cele build using Mace (prob Hammer second) is how I’m thinking through my first Rev build until full Herald is available (WvW/PvE). Once Herald is fully unlocked … TBD