What if legends included a second weapon?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Tl;dr each legend would have a weapon “kit” accessed by the normal weapon swap button.

Alright, I have an idea that doesn’t necessarily increase build diversity, but could increase gameplay diversity.

Basically, Revenant would still only have one weapon of its own, but each legend would come with its own set of weapon skills to swap in (using the weapon swap key to keep things simple). These skills could act like a transformation in the sense that damage could be determined by the equipped weapon. If you swapped legends while having the secondary weapon abilities active, you would switch to the secondary weapon abilities of the other legend, so weapon swap would be a toggle between your own weapon and that of the legend you are channeling.

This would make sure that no matter what legend you were channeling, you would have weapon skills that meshed well with that legend at your disposal. I like this option from a thematic standpoint. The down side, as already mentioned, is that it would add even more that was predetermined by choice of legend, which isn’t necessarily a good thing.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

That would make the class feel even more predetermined than before. I rather not.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

why not just make the second weapon tied to the legend or by its own.

or if you don’t want a second weapon set, then why not making the legend change the way the weapon works?

Hammer Revenant → dwarf stance makes hammer go melee with more damage
→ demon stance makes hammer go ranged with current skills/damage

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

That would make the class feel even more predetermined than before. I rather not.

That’s definitely the down side, as I mentioned. But we definitely need the ability to switch between melee and ranged, don’t you think? Personally, I’d like the ability to weapon swap, but this was another way to add some variety and flexibility to the gameplay, while sticking to the theme.