What if rev gets 2 new elite specs with PoF?

in Revenant

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Most likely wishful thinking but in a gamescom interview MO was asked what happened to dervishes from GW1 and he smiled saying “we’ll have to see for ourseleves” or something.

Renegade is bland / super lacklustre and only going to be used in PvE (even that’s best case scenario), what if we’ll get another elite spec?

All new elite specs fit the lore of the region, except Kalla who’s from the northern corner of another continent belonging to a race that’s never been to Elona, plus you know, rev has the least amount of weapon skills and such.. maybe they’ll surprise us with something?

#believe

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Most likely wishful thinking but in a gamescom interview MO was asked what happened to dervishes from GW1 and he smiled saying “we’ll have to see for ourseleves” or something.

Renegade is bland / super lacklustre and only going to be used in PvE (even that’s best case scenario), what if we’ll get another elite spec?

All new elite specs fit the lore of the region, except Kalla who’s from the northern corner of another continent belonging to a race that’s never been to Elona, plus you know, rev has the least amount of weapon skills and such.. maybe they’ll surprise us with something?

#believe

I’m guessing Kalla is going to fit thematically because the story will probably have a lot of shake ups and revolutions going on within the Charr… I mean, they put Rytccat in prison and just left it at that…. Didn’t even talk about it in the final LW chapter. He’s probably going sit in prison, channelling his inner Riot Grrl through the mists and come out all Kalla’ed up and ready to revolt.

As for TWO elite specs, I hope not. While I’m not thrilled with Renegade, I’d at least like them to focus on doing one thing right for revenant for once—not divide their effort across what would be three buggy, half thought elite specs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

They aren’t able to complete the underwater skills, asking for a second legend in the same expansion is madness…

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I’d rather they add a new utility in each legend so we have options than do a second Specialization.

But since this is an Elona expansion and Dervishes came with Elona and worshipped the Gods I think they’re smiling because I’d wager that’s probably toucched on with the expansion story.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I mean, they put Rytccat in prison and just left it at that…. Didn’t even talk about it in the final LW chapter. He’s probably going sit in prison, channelling his inner Riot Grrl through the mists and come out all Kalla’ed up and ready to revolt.

I’m guessing you haven’t played the PvE beta, some very minor spoilers: SpoilerRytlock is randomly released by the Citadel and is already in the Desert at the end of the very first chapter

in Revenant

Posted by: nedlee.5943

nedlee.5943

AFAIK that interview was not from MO but Mike Z.

Then he also said something like “dunno is it bugged” when asked why revenant still only has two underwater stances, which is bit disheartening for the possiblity of a second legend.

(edited by nedlee.5943)

in Revenant

narcx.3570

I mean, they put Rytccat in prison and just left it at that…. Didn’t even talk about it in the final LW chapter. He’s probably going sit in prison, channelling his inner Riot Grrl through the mists and come out all Kalla’ed up and ready to revolt.

I’m guessing you haven’t played the PvE beta, some very minor spoilers: SpoilerRytlock is randomly released by the Citadel and is already in the Desert at the end of the very first chapter

Ahhh, was he all Kalla’d up? I only played up to the main city in the Beta weekend because I reskined my armor to my legendary and dyed it celestial, and then that broke the game. :P

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Are you kidding? Anet put so much time and effort into weaver and all the other nice elite specs. There was barely time for renegade and you can see it. You could feel it when playing it. It was just some skills randomly thrown together with NO synergy towards other weapons/traits.
And you think they would even add a second one?
They dont even added underwaterskills.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

They still have a lot of bugs to solve in the core Revenant. Last weekend using Unrelenting Assault I got boxed up between the wireframe of walls in the environment in two times: one helping a player in open PvE and the other doing a mission from the Living Word Season 2 (trying to gather a few mastery points). Rev doesn’t only have fewer skills than other classes and an extremely rigid array of choices, but you also have to live in fear of the use of some of them because can force you to re-start a mission or a PvP match because you got sandwiched in the wireframe of the landscape.

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I suspect that any dervish-esque elements will prove to be in other elites. Weaver, Holosmith, and Spellbreaker all have clear dervish-esque aspects, and they may even retroactively reference the Reaper. Gotta say, holosmith, ironically enough, is probably the thing that feels most like a dervish to me this far in GW2. (Lorewise, not so much, but holosmith does seem to be more mystical in feel than previous engineers.)

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Revenant

narcx.3570

They still have a lot of bugs to solve in the core Revenant. Last weekend using Unrelenting Assault I got boxed up between the wireframe of walls in the environment in two times: one helping a player in open PvE and the other doing a mission from the Living Word Season 2 (trying to gather a few mastery points). Rev doesn’t only have fewer skills than other classes and an extremely rigid array of choices, but you also have to live in fear of the use of some of them because can force you to re-start a mission or a PvP match because you got sandwiched in the wireframe of the landscape.

If you’re using Shiro (or aren’t in a sPvP match and can swap to Shiro), Phase Traversal can free you when this happens because its target doesn’t have to be in range.