Which class gives you most trouble 1v1?

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Curious about the answers and builds. I play sword/shield+hammer with Glint/Shiro obviously and zerk ammy (see sign)

I found good daredevils to be quite pain in the kitten to deal with as our healing skills are too situational. They can easily dodge anything you throw at them due to huge telegraphs and still remain slippery enough to avoid sword aa with immobilizes/teleports

Next on the list would be ranger..now it all depends on build but the condi ones are really tough to deal with. Druid inst dangerous but quite hard to take down without cc. If druid knows what hes doing the fight may take eternity.

Last one would be scrapper. The bad ones i can faceroll over but the good ones.. That sustain, stab, stealth in combination with high direct and condi damage is imo too much to deal with. Espesially condi.

Last one would be base condi necro.

Walk in the park aka faceroll level

warriors (i keep joking about wat is dodge?), dh, reapers

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: RoyalCrysis.1065

RoyalCrysis.1065

Inb4 people who say rev is op, how they never lose to anything

I usually run sword/shield staff maradauder, but ive found that hammer is way better 1v1. Staff is just too good for actual matches tho. ShiroGlint ofc

Yeah I’ve found good daredevils can be tough, at least if you are trying to hold a point. I’ve found the best solution is to chase them off point, if you let them back off and come back you will lose. Other than that be in glint whenever they stop attacking, so you can respond properly.
A good scrapper is pretty crazy 1v1, at least in duel specs. If they go team spec its a bit easier, just try to focus burst after they heal and save a cc for their heals.
Only other spec I’ve had trouble with is a cond/cele reaper, that chill dmg sucks.
Although cancer pu mantra mes can be pretty strong if they cheese hard enough.
Overall herald seems to be in a rather strong place atm, the surviability you can have with marauders is awesome. I will say base rev is pretty much unplayable tho, you can tell it was made with Herald in mind.

Zoren – BG – GoF

(edited by RoyalCrysis.1065)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I will say base rev is pretty much unplayable tho, you can tell it was made with Herald in mind.

Yeah, base rev is a trash tier howered.. if Mallyx actually had a stunbreak i think a power Shiro/Mallyx would be amazing. I been doing quite well if not better with dev/corr/retri vs classes with low access to cc. People already learned Glint heal so i really start to question that jerk nerf that was made 4 days or so after release.. I mostly use it as invul/to heal from aoes now.

in Revenant

RoyalCrysis.1065

Yeah the nerf is seeming a little painful, you really have to jump into the kitten to make it worth it.
Have you been using zerk amu in matches, or just for duels? I saw some Apex guys using zerk and tried it a bit, but the loss of health hurts against the reaper/dh bomb on points

Zoren – BG – GoF

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Yeah the nerf is seeming a little painful, you really have to jump into the kitten to make it worth it.
Have you been using zerk amu in matches, or just for duels? I saw some Apex guys using zerk and tried it a bit, but the loss of health hurts against the reaper/dh bomb on points

Both. I usually stay ranged vs dh and harass them with CoR unless i need to kill them fast then i trigger traps with hammer 3 and jump in with Glint heal prepared just in case to not lose hp. Reaper usually melts under sword aa with quickness. If they dont step back i can pretty much take most of their hp along with full ds during one quickness session. I run double stab on dodge and thats how i prevent any of their cc letting me go full offensive.

in Revenant

RoyalCrysis.1065

Hmm Interesting take, I typically find that staff will win in team fights just cause of the quick cc and tons of blocks. Course I generally am the one on point holding as my team is usually squishies, but if you can free cast than hammer will just devastate. I’ll try out zerker a bit more tonight, see if I can use the dmg

Zoren – BG – GoF

in Revenant

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

Well played condi Reapers and skilled Daredevils.

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

in Revenant

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Celestial druids. Just can’t kill them. Eventually, they wear me down and kill me

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Revenant

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Reapers, Daredevils, DragonHunters, and Chronomancers.

Unblockable pulls, pushes, and fears make Crystal Hibernation 100% risk with 0 reward. Especially when that pull is into dragon hunter traps, wells, ect.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

condis,all the condis…and staff rev since i like to use hammer…

in Revenant

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

People who keep saying base revenant sucks seriously need to learn to play without camping oh kitten buttons. You people are way to reliant on long periods of invulnerability, learn to dodge and time evade frame attacks for more than dpsing

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Interrupt/slow daredevil

in Revenant

Posted by: Chuckles.8153

Chuckles.8153

Do you know a Revenant’s dps rotation? Have an immunity or triple evade? See them charging sword ability three?

Block/Evade, and punish them.

Their gameplay doesn’t revolve around much else.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Anything with strong cc or conditions will be lethal. We have very limited/situational access to stunbreks/balance/cleasing.

Take a look in Youtube at the ESL Go4GW2 #52 25th Oct; in the last two matches (55 Rank Dragons vs Orange Logo) the Revenant/s were unable to compete.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

Necros and Reapers in general.
Condi necros just destroy me and Reapers just go trough everything.
Too much unblockable stuff.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

The class itself is really beta. Herald is a little too strong and in other hand others legends are laughable. Really are waiting for balance and changes in other legends. I’m tired to be at shiro/Glint. And, even if i have no condi cleanse, i feel strong, perhaps a bit too much.
My problems personnaly are comming from DH, the traps are insane and, if you don’t make attention you’re loosing all your health in two seconds.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Anything with strong cc or conditions will be lethal. We have very limited/situational access to stunbreks/balance/cleasing.

Take a look in Youtube at the ESL Go4GW2 #52 25th Oct; in the last two matches (55 Rank Dragons vs Orange Logo) the Revenant/s were unable to compete.

Thats why i trained for double stab on dodge. Dealing with cc in Shiro is not a big of a deal, but once you switch to something else its game over. The shield trait is overated as it dont even activate under cc. Dwarf was supposed to be the resistant hard to put down guy but in current state hes poorer than Glint which wasnt even made for tanking but more like all around legend. Hope my suggestions will be impleted.

Mallyx on the other hand has possibility to work for power builds except obviously no stunbreak part and going for some weird stuff like corruption/retri/herald is too much of a dps loss.