Why is it ok for Revs to be so OP?

in Revenant

Posted by: countytime.8134

countytime.8134

But my engineer, that was really hard to play as a successful scrapper and relied on combos for its strength, had to be nerfed?

in Revenant

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

hard to play? engi was over the top man

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Revenant

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Because they are new, when a new class appears in the next expac they will be overpowered and revs will get nerfed, its how game companies work to attract purchases..

Personally though Rev to me is a horrible class op or not.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

My rev isn’t OP at all, at least not in pvp. I kill revs all the time on my warrior using nothing but a long bow and it’s pretty easy they melt like butter.

in Revenant

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

because apparently slick shoes really needed that nerf….

Compared to idk Flesh Golem, Whatever Rev Staff 5 is called and many other pulsing CC’s that exist.

in Revenant

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

It’s burst imo. After burst is up.. I get kinda squishy. I don’t PvP except with guildies in the guild hall and try different things but fall 60% of the time. Staff #5…a little OP but other than that staff is useless to me.

I drop fast in fractals so I switched to soldier gear and gave up some damage to gain some survivability.

I am sure a nerf will happen but from the PvP world I am hearing not that OP if you can survive the Rev burst.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in Revenant

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Rev already got nerfed many times >.<

in Revenant

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

Yeah feel like preaching to the choir here but Rev is far from OP

As far as PvP is concerned there is million ways to counter the burst and as stated before they are rather squishy, especially against conditions since they have nothing to deal with it(staff 4 is a joke). That aside Rev is especially good at killing noobs, just like a DH, just the fact that rev is still good against seasoned players if you know how to play it.

In PvE they are useful but not OP, they get outclassed by thieves and Eles in dps, especially when cleaving. And as far as boonsharing goes I’ll take a PS Warrior over a Rev any day. So in the end they are a little bit of everything and not the best at anything.

So all in all Anet has managed to balance out Rev fairly well.

in Revenant

Posted by: Frank.3791

Frank.3791

Rev isnt op, nor was it op before last nerf. Just go condi and watch them melt.

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Hush, Frank! Don’t tell them that!

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

1. Scrapper was more powerful than Revenant ever was.
2. Scrapper was way easier to master than a Revenant.
3. Revenant has been getting nerfs since they very first days of HoT and not only during big patches.

Stella Truth Seeker

in Revenant

Posted by: Kenshu.3825

Kenshu.3825

Hey Frank, mind sending me a link to ur Cond Rev build. I am curious to see!!

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Revenant is underpowered actually

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

I don’t know if they’re underpowered. They’re definately not over the top powerful. They are very situational.

The nerf the crystal hiberation I’m still sore about.

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Hey Frank, mind sending me a link to ur Cond Rev build. I am curious to see!!

I think Frank meant a condi build on another class can beat a power rev, not go condi rev.

But if you want a condi rev build go to metabattle.com.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Revenant

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Which is why none of the ESl teams use one, oh wait they pretty much all use one, and before the latest class stacking rule, of the four teams in the semi-finals of the pro-league there were 7 revs, your opinion does not seem to match the reality, here is some more reality for you – http://academygamingnet.com/guild-wars-2-class-tier-list-april-27th-2016/ .

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Which is why none of the ESl teams use one, oh wait they pretty much all use one, and before the latest class stacking rule, of the four teams in the semi-finals of the pro-league there were 7 revs, your opinion does not seem to match the reality, here is some more reality for you – http://academygamingnet.com/guild-wars-2-class-tier-list-april-27th-2016/ .

They used revs for 3 reasons:
1. They were used to it due to the previous meta
2. They work particularly well when combined with Auramancers
3. This was pre nerf.

Also I assume burtnik is referring primarily to core Rev.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I didnt said Herald, i said Revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

They used revs for 3 reasons:
1. They were used to it due to the previous meta
2. They work particularly well when combined with Auramancers
3. This was pre nerf.

They used it because they’ll play whatever OP crap they can in order to win, it is that simple, as for the nerf, it was minor, which is why in the link I gave which is based on 10 ESL players votes, it is still considered top tier (with condi mes).

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in Revenant

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

There’s no difference since you can’t f2p core revenant.

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

rofl revenant one of the weakest classes in terms of dps right now and people still are crying for nerf?

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

What f2p has to do with revenant? Herald is not a core line.

in Revenant

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

rofl revenant one of the weakest classes in terms of dps right now and people still are crying for nerf?

Nobody here is talking about PvE.

The weakest DPS class/build in the game (chronophantasma shatter) is the strongest in sPvP.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

So what, just because you want to be some kind of hipster and not use elite specs doesnt mean you can ignore them.
Elite specs are here to stay, and if your playing a revenant at all you automatically have access to it. You want to handicap yourself by playing suboptimal builds? Go ahead, but to then say the class is underpowered because your playing it wrong is rediculous
Kinda like how you preached that enchanted daggers was “underpowered” because you were using incorrectly as a “oh kitten” button yet anet actually NERFED its healing amount because it was too overturned for its purpose when taking the ENTIRE class into perspective

in Revenant

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

hard to play? engi was over the top man

Scrapper =/= Engi

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

So what, just because you want to be some kind of hipster and not use elite specs doesnt mean you can ignore them.
Elite specs are here to stay, and if your playing a revenant at all you automatically have access to it. You want to handicap yourself by playing suboptimal builds? Go ahead, but to then say the class is underpowered because your playing it wrong is rediculous
Kinda like how you preached that enchanted daggers was “underpowered” because you were using incorrectly as a “oh kitten” button yet anet actually NERFED its healing amount because it was too overturned for its purpose when taking the ENTIRE class into perspective

Revenant =/= Herald

Do you understand difference betweem them? A revenant is boonless class with huge skillcap while Herald is a braindead boonbot. Difference is too huge between them in playstyle/power as well. And now, pardon me but if i wanted to play boonbot i would pick up ele or mesmer instead.
As for ED theres even more of a reason to rework it now that they nerfed it without fixing any of it issues.

I believe the game was supposed to be fun, not to force people in certain playstyle and im pretty sure that most of us here is tired of Glint/Herald to death already.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in Revenant

Azukas.1426

You can’t just DL the free game and play revenant, and when you buy the game you get access to all the revenant’s lines. This makes ALL of revenant CORE revenant b/c there is NO f2p option on revenant. Understand now?

Also what original classes are viable not using their elite specs?

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Revenant =/= Herald

Do you understand difference betweem them? A revenant is boonless class with huge skillcap while Herald is a braindead boonbot. Difference is too huge between them in playstyle/power as well. And now, pardon me but if i wanted to play boonbot i would pick up ele or mesmer instead.
As for ED theres even more of a reason to rework it now that they nerfed it without fixing any of it issues.

I believe the game was supposed to be fun, not to force people in certain playstyle and im pretty sure that most of us here is tired of Glint/Herald to death already.

it’s a choice you have to make, rev without herald = less boon, rev with herald = alot of boons is literally like saying rev with devastation= tons of damage, rev without de devastation = no damage, or like saying rev has no stability because you don’t want to use retribution…it’s nonsense..btw if herald is strong, just nerf herald then…don’t understand why you people arguing about this tiny stuff

also, how do you even know if core rev is underpower when everybody else are also using elite..you can say that core rev is underpower just like core everyother classes, that can make sense

(edited by lighter.2708)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

You can’t just DL the free game and play revenant, and when you buy the game you get access to all the revenant’s lines. This makes ALL of revenant CORE revenant b/c there is NO f2p option on revenant. Understand now?

Oh so in future i will be able to go for retribution, herald +new elite spec? Good to know!

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Revenant =/= Herald

it’s a choice you have to make, rev without herald = less boon, rev with herald = alot of boons is literally like saying rev with devastation= tons of damage, rev without de devastation = no damage, or like saying rev has no stability because you don’t want to use retribution…it’s nonsense..btw if herald is strong, just nerf herald then…don’t understand why you people arguing about this tiny stuff

also, how do you even know if core rev is underpower when everybody else are also using elite..you can say that core rev is underpower just like core everyother classes, that can make sense

Core rev is underwhelming compared to majority of other core classes. I see no reason to bring core rev over core warrior for example. Lets keep elite specs out of it.
Core suffer from too low sustain and poor damage mitigation cus tanky Jalis is not so tanky. You can pretty much get 100-0 in Jalis due to lack of a stunbreak/stab. Pair that with lack of swiftness, lack of fury(and might), no 25% movespeed and you get the picture.

in Revenant

Azukas.1426

Oh so in future i will be able to go for retribution, herald +new elite spec? Good to know!

You didn’t pay extra for herald. Core rev will have herald included b/c of that. Stop trying to justify revenants just b/c you like the class. It’s time to think of overall game balance.

in Revenant

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Because they certainly aren’t fun, and people have to have some reason to play them.

in Revenant

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

theyre not op just play something that counters them.
yey logic.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

You didn’t pay extra for herald. Core rev will have herald included b/c of that. Stop trying to justify revenants just b/c you like the class. It’s time to think of overall game balance.

So like i said, herald is not elite spec and in future i will be able to choose both herald+new elite cus herald is a core traitline. Whats your problem? You said it yourself, herald is core.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

theyre not op just play something that counters them.
yey logic.

Well given the kind of balance devs are going for this advice is correct.
Rev are meant to hard counter power builds, with the exception of mallyx, in exchange for that they are helpless against condi.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

Kayberz.5346

This is a complete nonsense argument, your talking about some imaginary future elite spec that we have no idea how it would function, any loss the revenant would take by not taking herald could be more than compensated for with how the new elite spec works, thats the whole point of the 1 elite spec system, to make powerful builds that cant be used together but are compensated by having their own unique strengths.

For all you know the next elite spec for revenant could be some condi cleansing monster with pulsing stability, so talking about the viability of some imaginary future revenant build is pointless because you dont even know what it IS

(edited by Kayberz.5346)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

This is a complete nonsense argument, your talking about some imaginary future elite spec that we have no idea how it would function, any loss the revenant would take by not taking herald could be more than compensated for with how the new elite spec works, thats the whole point of the 1 elite spec system, to make powerful builds that cant be used together but are compensated by having their own unique strengths.

For all you know the next elite spec for revenant could be some condi cleansing monster with pulsing stability, so talking about the viability of some imaginary future revenant build is pointless because you dont even know what it IS

L2r or dont talk please. He said herald is a core traitline so by that logic i should be able to use herald with a new elite spec.

in Revenant

Kayberz.5346

L2r or dont talk please. He said herald is a core traitline so by that logic i should be able to use herald with a new elite spec.

Learn some reading comprehension, he said that if you are playing a revenant, it means you have heart of thorns, which means you have access to elite specs. Revenant automatically has access to herald no matter what, so you not playing the class to its full potential like intended is no ones fault but your own. It doesn’t mean the class revenant is underpowered, it means your utilization of the classes available tools is lacking because of your own set limitations that you choose to impose upon yourself by not using herald

in Revenant

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

It’s so funny to read how ppl cry that renenant are worsr dps in game and crap in pvp, and in next post say L2P to everyone…

Now i know who cry in /map chat about revenants.

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Nobody here is talking about PvE.

The weakest DPS class/build in the game (chronophantasma shatter) is the strongest in sPvP.

A nerf to pvp is a nerf to pve