Why no Corruption builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

I am seeing a lot of nice Revenant builds but so far haven’t seen any using the Corruption line. Why so? From what I can tell it seems like decent damage based abilities but being new (came back after 3 yrs) perhaps I am missing something when it comes to builds.
Now I am looking at purely PVE as well so maybe that’s what I am missing?

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

You haven’t looked good enough

in Revenant

Joxer.6024

Then show me….

in Revenant

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Corruption is a viable line on both Condi and Power builds, but because it leans slightly more towards Condi, when people are making their Power builds, it tends to get dropped for Herald to keep Invocation and Devastation, so considering Power builds are more popular, Corruption just gets kicked to the wayside.

Considering my Revenant doesn’t have Herald yet, im going to run Corruption until I can get Herald.

in Revenant

Joxer.6024

Thanks for that Argon! Just the reply/info I needed. I too won’t be running Herald straight away so that’s why I was looking at the Corruption line as it looks like decent damage on paper. Cheers!

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I am running a condi revenant and love it. It is a bit awkward in spots but otherwise handles things well and kills quickly. I, unlike the others, will be dropping invocation once I get Harald

However, need to get Roy to fix a few of the traits that are left-over from the old self-condi thing it started with (which was oddly similar to necro’s and yet people called it unique). That and the 20s ICD for the poison damage adept is still fairly pointless. I am still hoping he puts in the increased torment stationary damage trait.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in Revenant

Joxer.6024

“I am running a condi revenant and love it. It is a bit awkward in spots but otherwise handles things well and kills quickly. I, unlike the others, will be dropping invocation once I get Harald”

Do tell…what issues and whats the build? I tried Condi with my Necro but just didn’t like the feel but am keen to give it a go on my Rev if its decent enough.

in Revenant

Pompeia.5483

“I am running a condi revenant and love it. It is a bit awkward in spots but otherwise handles things well and kills quickly. I, unlike the others, will be dropping invocation once I get Harald”

Do tell…what issues and whats the build? I tried Condi with my Necro but just didn’t like the feel but am keen to give it a go on my Rev if its decent enough.

Here is the build I am using:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlEQRApX8nnvNeNS6JvJRZlLlsryjSYVZSJYssrkFNFhNc64tLC0ItToTA-TxRBABGcSAke/R9HqV+18DAQSlgAcEAcW/QAgDgdrbdrbw4jP+4jPeXv7u7u7uBA-e
Only the trinkets are actually ascended for me… rest is exotics.

My issue is with ranged fights, really (or fights where melee is less than optimal because of stomps and things). Hammer just does not work for me or condi. And condi is so insanely melee oriented you run into those problems of having to sit at range and only use axe #5 and, sometimes, mace #2 and #3 (being careful not to bounce into range but let the ripple carry to the enemy). I would have been fine with a long-ranged condi given, to my knowledge there are none (besides ele, maybe?) in game. So I guess it is just tough in that aspect.

I suppose I can shift my build around a bit but, until I have the heal from Herald that lets me stay in melee, I am stuck with less-than-favorable tactics to compensate.

in Revenant

Posted by: Garimeth.8725

Garimeth.8725

Here is the build I am using:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlEQRApX8nnvNeNS6JvJRZlLlsryjSYVZSJYssrkFNFhNc64tLC0ItToTA-TxRBABGcSAke/R9HqV+18DAQSlgAcEAcW/QAgDgdrbdrbw4jP+4jPeXv7u7u7uBA-e
Only the trinkets are actually ascended for me… rest is exotics.

My issue is with ranged fights, really (or fights where melee is less than optimal because of stomps and things). Hammer just does not work for me or condi. And condi is so insanely melee oriented you run into those problems of having to sit at range and only use axe #5 and, sometimes, mace #2 and #3 (being careful not to bounce into range but let the ripple carry to the enemy). I would have been fine with a long-ranged condi given, to my knowledge there are none (besides ele, maybe?) in game. So I guess it is just tough in that aspect.

I suppose I can shift my build around a bit but, until I have the heal from Herald that lets me stay in melee, I am stuck with less-than-favorable tactics to compensate.

I have a buddy that has been running this, seems good. I would think extending burning duration might be better though, right? You already have access to traits that extend your torment duration, and squeezing in a 25% burning duration makes the duration as long as the CD of the mace field. Condi builds aren’t really my thing so I’m just curious.

in Revenant

Pompeia.5483

Hmm, based on what I see on the site, the burning duration is 4s (cooldown is 3s) and the extension only puts it up to 5.75. Regardless of which one I do (only looking at moving damage for torment) there is a ~500 damage increase (comparing one swing of mace #1 to mace #2). Thus, because I have one (traited two) items that apply burning and five skills (seven counting the other two mace swings) that apply torment, I want the extra 500 damage x5 (x7) instead of x2

Sadly, yes, burning does about 10% more damage than a moving target with torment, but there are just not enough applications of it to warrant the duration increases for it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nyel.1843

Nyel.1843

I would use something like this maybe… http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJApnn3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrkFNlodIIKtLs0GA

But I am really not into GW2 right now, I just returned.

in Revenant

Posted by: Garimeth.8725

Garimeth.8725

Hmm, based on what I see on the site, the burning duration is 4s (cooldown is 3s) and the extension only puts it up to 5.75. Regardless of which one I do (only looking at moving damage for torment) there is a ~500 damage increase (comparing one swing of mace #1 to mace #2). Thus, because I have one (traited two) items that apply burning and five skills (seven counting the other two mace swings) that apply torment, I want the extra 500 damage x5 (x7) instead of x2

Sadly, yes, burning does about 10% more damage than a moving target with torment, but there are just not enough applications of it to warrant the duration increases for it.

Ah yeah that makes alot of sense. Thanks for the reply. I think condi rev looks nice, and it brings a bit more aoe than the sword rev.