Why was Kallas Fervor changed to selfonly?

in Revenant

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kalla%27s_Fervor

Its very clear from the marketing video for the renegade and from the skill descriptions that the original design intent for Kallas Fervor was to be a group supporting offensive stacking unique effect.

“Boost allies with her fervor” https://youtu.be/bAjVtBlRfAk

Directly lifted quote from the introduction video.

This also help explain the very awkwardly worded F2 skill enhancing trait:

“Kalla’s Fervor you inspire lasts longer. Increase your maximum potential stacks of Kalla’s Fervor.”

Clearly, one does not inspire themselves, meaning the original use for the wording on this trait was to improve your ability to inspire others with Kallas Fervor.

Is there any reason why our clearly very offensive supportive specialization cannot buff their allies extremely well at the cost of taking a grandmaster trait?

Even if we could share a 10 stack of Kallas Fervor, we would still have issues being taken over a Druid due yo how overloaded they are on offensive enhancement.

If we could heavily pump up critical hit damage and condi damage, Renegades would actually be highly sought after for raids and other content.

Id be fine with keeping the ferocity buff just as high as it is, and lower the condi damage buff a bit, at least on our shared Fervor. This might bring some power builds, such as Reaper, Soul Beast, and Power Mesmer a bit more into the meta, and would strongly synergize with Power Rev as well with how easy it is to get crit chance with Kalla.

What fo you guys think about this?

Id even be fine if we had to use our F2 to actually share our stacks.

in Revenant

Swiftwynd.1685

Additionally, it has the exact same icon design and color pallet of Alacrity … there is literally 0% chance this wasn’t originally designed to be shared to others.

If this was intented to be self only it could have just been a trait looking icon like Berserkers Power for warrior…

in Revenant

Swiftwynd.1685

Id propose the following:

Grandmaster: Lasting Legacy

Kalla’s Fervor you inspire lasts longer. When you gain Kalla’s Ferver, share it with up to 4 additional allies in 900 radius. Increase your personal maximum potential stacks of Kalla’s Fervor. Might you apply lasts 50% longer.

50% duration increase.
Personal stacks 10.
Allied stacks 5.
Might duration +50%.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I think that the answer to your question is that anet don’t want to create more powercreep than needed.

Obviously, this isn’t really a good move to improve the balance between professions in PvE but that’s how it is.

And yes the “boost allies with your fervor” most likely meant : “boost allies by using Heroic command that grant might per fervor stack”.

That said, at least, the might stack granted have a decent duration. Had the revenant been a necromancer, the might duration granted would probably have been halved.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Revenant

Swiftwynd.1685

But Scourge can 25 might stack rather easily.

Renegade would need 100% might duration blasting mace 2 and 3 with Heroic command off cooldown to maintain.

As far as power creep, they should take away the condi damage buffing of grace of the land and make it purely for power. That would create more design space for Renegades

in Revenant

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Solution is to make both fervor and GotL mutually exclusive.
Applying stack of one removes the other and vice versa.

Then renegade will become alternative for druid as damage buffing profession, instead of another mandatory profession in raid (chrono+druid+ps warr+ renegade).

(edited by ZeftheWicked.3076)

in Revenant

Posted by: Selfaron.4273

Selfaron.4273

Kalla’s Fervor is a very powerful buff, it would force every raid group to have 2 renegades, as much as i want revenant to be raid-viable i think it will leave even less place for other classes than it is now. Besides, i would rather have personal powerful buff than shareable weak one, it would be nerfed if it was partywide.

in Revenant

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

Back when I was following the info on https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/ I remember coming across comments from persons with supposed insider info which suggested that the Renegade was initially very strong, but was left in a state which the testers found unsatisfactory after some nerfs. It is very likely that converting Kalla’s Fervour from a group to a personal buff was one of these nerfs. At the risk of being infracted I won’t provide you a direct link, but if you search around for long enough I’m sure you’ll find some leakozorus or other giving these remarks.

As such even if Anet were to admit that the core mechanic of the class is in need of review (and I’m of the opinion that it does https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Citadel-Order-Suggestions/) I suspect that reverting the change and allowing the class to share Fervour is something that they have decided via their playtesting not to do.

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

As such even if Anet were to admit that the core mechanic of the class is in need of review (and I’m of the opinion that it does https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Citadel-Order-Suggestions/) I suspect that reverting the change and allowing the class to share Fervour is something that they have decided via their playtesting not to do.

Agreed… Either tone down Fervor and make it sharable. (Even if it’s via a Grandmaster Trait.)

Or change all the utilities to mesh with being pure solo dps class that can actually compete for spots in groups with Weaver, Holo, Mirage, and Firebrand.

Cuz as it is now, it’s a self buff without a bunch of tools to properly take advantage of it. At BEST it’s going to come down to taking Renegade for Fervor and then just channeling Jalis Hammers and then either Embrace or Impossible Odds (depending on condi or power) while auto attacking. So, COOL exactly like Herald, but with a low single target damage short bow option, just what the Rev community needed to get excited about their class again.

in Revenant

Swiftwynd.1685

Back when I was following the info on https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/ I remember coming across comments from persons with supposed insider info which suggested that the Renegade was initially very strong, but was left in a state which the testers found unsatisfactory after some nerfs. It is very likely that converting Kalla’s Fervour from a group to a personal buff was one of these nerfs. At the risk of being infracted I won’t provide you a direct link, but if you search around for long enough I’m sure you’ll find some leakozorus or other giving these remarks.

This is what i was arraid of as well.

It would be painfully easy to balance by locking it behind a grandmaster and sharing less than we personally can stack.

10% condi and crit damage would be “good but not broken” and would allow you to run druid or renegade.

You would likely never run both because there are diminishing returns if you stack too many supports with too few dps to actually benefit from the buffs.

E.g. if you have a healer druid, chrono, Renegade, and a might stacker, that leaves 1 spot for a dps.

Unless the entire group is contributing really good damage, you would g3t more total dps out of swapping the druid or renegade out for another dps, unless 1 person stacking 25 might over the whole raid becomes a thing and warriors get to bring banners as a dps slot, or unless kalla can be the might stacker as well.

They really just need to revert it and deal more with the druid problem. Id say nerf GotL to 1%, reduce druid healing outside of pvp by 20%, and make druid heals target 10 players and spirits passive target 10 players (but not their boon share.)

That would give the druid a better niche of the raidwide healer and damage buffer with making room fo4 other healers and offensive supports.

in Revenant

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Making them heal 10 ppl would automatically make them the only healer ingame, leaving eles, ventari revs, guards etc in the dust. So same as now, basically.

Remember the rule is:
“Take as many healers and tanks as you must,
Take as many dps as you can

Healers should be balanced with eachother or, as here in renegade’s planned (but withdrawn) version – not be absolutely unique in their dps support role. Even if the alternative is not another healer, but let’s say dps.

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

They really just need to revert it and deal more with the druid problem. Id say nerf GotL to 1%, reduce druid healing outside of pvp by 20%, and make druid heals target 10 players and spirits passive target 10 players (but not their boon share.)

That would give the druid a better niche of the raidwide healer and damage buffer with making room fo4 other healers and offensive supports.

Druids are actually the worst healers out of them all as far as pure healing goes…

It’s just nobody really cares about pure healing since most damage is avoidable, and the chronotank brings his own sustain… So it comes down to who bring the best buffs for your DPS… You could nerf druid healing by 80% and it’d probably still be 2 druids in most experienced groups.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Yup. This game has always pushed toward DPS stacking since the role of tanks and healers is so undersized in comparison to other MMO’s.

In a game where you can dodge/cleanse/block most incoming damage, you don’t need much in sustained healing.

You also have no mechanics for realiably controlling aggro where adds come out and tanks need to pick them up to protect the DPS.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

It makes sense to put a trait that makes kalla’s fevor affect 10 people but reduces its overall effectiveness by 50% on the grand master trait Righteous Rebel since this trait already seems to be geared towards support.

in Revenant

Posted by: Akeno.4962

Akeno.4962

The only problem I see with Kalla’s Fervor affecting 10 people is that, in its current implementation, you don’t have to do anything to get max stacks, not even using Kalla as a legend. It’s not a mechanic (F2 suggests otherwise tho), it’s more similar to a buff that rewards staying in combat.

Even if it was included in one of the support bottom line traits, any renegade would choose group dps against personal. That creates a situation where condi renegade dps rotation can keep it up with no effort and not implying a great personal dps loss. This state would devalue healing renegade support abilities against druid, since:
- Mutually exclusive buffs, even if it’s probably possible and a “good” solution, doesn’t seem the way they’d balance the game around.
- If the condition of mutually exclusive buffs isn’t there, using a condition renegade in a dps spot would be enough to grant Kalla’s Fervor without losing Grace of the Land.

It (probably) won’t be condi renegade the one that has difficulties finding a raid spot, even now condi revenant has enough dps to get one. It’s healing revenant (or renegade) the one who can’t compete with druid, and not in the healing aspect.

in Revenant

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Best I could think of is that they realized during development what a terrible mistake Grace of the Land already was, and didn’t want to repeat it.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Best I could think of is that they realized during development what a terrible mistake Grace of the Land already was, and didn’t want to repeat it.

Agreed, gotl has been one of the worst balancing decisions of all time (which the balance team seems to not want to fix) and Kalla’s fervor on the group would just be gotl 2.0. Basically every raid group takes renegade forever regardless of fight mechanics because of a passive buff.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

If grace of the land didn’t exist, nobody would take druids. They’d take condi ranger instead and have healing through tempests who lose far less DPS. Even engineers could cover some group healing with water field blasting.

Seriously, you need to stop whining about druids. No ranger begged to have their elite spec turned into a one dimensional healbot spec with no dps traits in the line. Support is virtually all the spec can do.